11/05/22 - Saitama, JP - Saitama Super Arena

alfierose

• 3 months later...

I lived in Saitama for over 10 years.  Just left in June.  Pisses me off.  I should have been at this show.

I don't expect anything exciting though.  In the past GNR used to really make their Tokyo stops special and exciting, but they're clearly on cruise control now.  I doubt there will be any surprises.  Still sucks that I'm not there though.

(Also, Friday is my birthday.  GNR coming to my hometown in Japan on my birthday weekend and I'm not there.  God hates me.)

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • GNFNR 1

34 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I lived in Saitama for over 10 years.  Just left in June.  Pisses me off.  I should have been at this show.

I don't expect anything exciting though.  In the past GNR used to really make their Tokyo stops special and exciting, but they're clearly on cruise control now.  I doubt there will be any surprises.  Still sucks that I'm not there though.

(Also, Friday is my birthday.  GNR coming to my hometown in Japan on my birthday weekend and I'm not there.  God hates me.)

that sucks, bad timing that, but kinda like you said, the chances are low for it to be a very different show for you. Happy birthday btw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

That sucks.

13 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Happy Birthday to you!

• Like 1

Middle of the night now....so they're in their hotel, most likely.  Possibly out on the streets of Tokyo, but at their age, do they really do that anymore?

The promoter updated with pics of official merch.  It's not as nice as the 2017 stuff, but still cool.

GUNS-N-ROSES_JAPAN2022_WEB_1102-1-scaledGUNS-N-ROSES_JAPAN2022_WEB_1102-2-scaled

I think the little soy sauce dishes are a nice touch, but stupidly expensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's most likely a knock-off of the Fashion Victim Tetsuo shirt from the mid 90s.  They were super popular and vintage tees go for hundreds or even thousands of dollars now if they're in good condition.  But there's shitloads of fakes around, so most likely he bought one of those to wear as a special nod to the Japan crowd.

Axl Rose x AKIRA....two of my very favorite things in the universe.  Never thought I'd see them mash-up, but here we are.

white-2-front-b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Massive letdown.  That design was unveiled more than 6 months ago or more to promote the tour.  I THINK it's a Buhler, which is always cool, but it's just such a cop out to slap the promo design on a poster and call it a day.  Oh well.  Now I won't feel bad about not getting one.

Wait until you see tomorrow's red version lol

• Sad 1