How would you rank the original band in intelligence?

sackxl

1.Izzy

2.Axl

3.Duff

4.Slash

5.Steven

That would be the order for me, Izzy had the brains to leave earlier on ...Axl seems somewhat sharp.

I probably should have tied Duff and Slash ...if anyone brings up Duff with the investments etc that was just luck of the draw being in Seattle and probably had good advice.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

very intelligent thread which means you are very intelligent. The way that you figured out that Duff isn't really that intelligent without even knowing him as a person also shows that you can't be fooled easily. Top shit.

Actually its funny Andy Anderson reminds me of Duff but super intelligent with his accent & mannerisms.

Actually when I get back from vacation I'll see if I can find the quote with Duff talking about politics it was "Why can't this dude work it out with the another dude" it was priceless.

Hey even Matt Sorum said the same in his book! Don't shoot the messenger!

6 minutes ago, sackxl said:

Actually its funny Andy Anderson reminds me of Duff but super intelligent with his accent & mannerisms.

Actually when I get back from vacation I'll see if I can find the quote with Duff talking about politics it was "Why can't this dude work it out with the another dude" it was priceless.

Hey even Matt Sorum said the same in his book! Don't shoot the messenger!

is the vacation in Smart Island?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Axl is the one who thinks and talks about current affairs the most 

Izzy is a quiet, brooding but thoughtful type

Duff reads about history a lot and went to college after 90s GnR

Slash has his niche interests, dinosaurs and stuff

Steven is the least ego driven, just wants to have fun and friendly guy

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Axl, Duff, Izzy=Slash, Steven

The only order that makes sense to me, based on everything we know about them. Axl and Duff are the most well-rounded and almost equal (slight edge to Axl because analytical thinking about a wide variety of topics seems to come to him more effortlessly, whereas Duff has to do a bit a self-development in his 30s to catch up). Slash and Izzy are equals, very musically gifted but nothing they've said about topics outside of music has been that impressive to me. Steven goes last, not because I think he's dumb but it's stiff competition.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

I mean, if we define intelligence in terms of business success, the #1 answer is probably Slash. He made a whole brand for himself outside of GnR. If we define it in terms of songwriting, it’s either Izzy (quantity) or Axl (quality). If we define it in terms of who’s the most well-spoken, it’s Duff. Don’t need to look any further than his writing prose to see that. And remember, he doesn’t use a ghostwriter.

I feel bad for Steven.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Well Duff is probably the smartest. He went back to college. Learned about accounting to stop being ripped off and knowing where every cent should be. Then maybe Slash who's successfully created a music career outside of GN'R. Then maybe Izzy. He left when he became drug free to maintain his own sanity. Steven... Well it's just a miracle he's still alive.

Edited by Gunner Gilby