Axl Voice could have a comeback?

7 hours ago, NachoLZ said:

What is it then? I thoguht it was rasped falsetto with twang

i mean if you wanna get really technical he’s using his ‘mask’, which is at the back of the throat. Pharyngeal resonance projected with some air from the diaphragm when he’s belting it. 

trust me, it ain’t falsetto. An example of falsetto - ‘Tongue’ by REM. There’s no way you can generate the power he used to sing those songs using your head voice (falsetto). And, it’s a completely different tone: you only have to listen to one example of falsetto to know straight away that is NOT what Axl’s doing.

and That’s why he sounds rubbish now, because it’s all falsetto. 

c’mon guys FALSETTO on appetite?! 

• Like 4

Possibly

• in a controlled environment like a recording studio
  • where he can do a short burst of voice work (like 5-30 minutes) with long breaks
  • with the help of studio magic and some computer adjustment of his vocal takes

If he still has it at all, he can probably risk trying to go all out in that environment.

Live during a 3 hour show, where he's playing a show ever 2-3 days on a 3 month long tour. No chance. Even if he could pull it off for one show, he risks damaging what's left of his voice if he tries and possibly jeopardises the rest of the tour. 

It's understandable to try and protect his voice, it's just a shame that his current style sounds so poor.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

i mean if you wanna get really technical he’s using his ‘mask’, which is at the back of the throat. Pharyngeal resonance projected with some air from the diaphragm when he’s belting it. 

trust me, it ain’t falsetto. An example of falsetto - ‘Tongue’ by REM. There’s no way you can generate the power he used to sing those songs using your head voice (falsetto). And, it’s a completely different tone: you only have to listen to one example of falsetto to know straight away that is NOT what Axl’s doing.

and That’s why he sounds rubbish now, because it’s all falsetto. 

c’mon guys FALSETTO on appetite?! 

But in 2006 and 2010 it was still falsetto with rasp (false vocal cords) right? That would explain his weaker songs like SCOM that where rarery sang with rasp even in those years. That's why in RiR 2011 he acted like wtf was happening with his voice lol like the rasp dissapeared so full clean falsetto, cuz it was still the same base technique.

Edited by NachoLZ

16 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

But in 2006 and 2010 it was still falsetto with rasp (false vocal cords) right? That would explain his weaker songs like SCOM that where rarery sang with rasp even in those years. That's why in RiR 2011 he acted like wtf was happening with his voice lol like the rasp dissapeared so full clean falsetto, cuz it was still the same base technique.

I don't think that was falsetto. More head voice with a "belting" technique. in 2010 he was singing SCOM with head voice and rasp with no falsetto. 

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I don't think that was falsetto. More head voice with a "belting" technique. in 2010 he was singing SCOM with head voice and rasp with no falsetto. 

For example, in this vocal cover, sounds like the technique Axl used in 2010, rasped falsetto.

• Haha 1

On 9/22/2022 at 7:59 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just can’t fathom anyone listening to Axl’s 2022 vocals and thinking he sounds good. I’ve shown them to unbiased family and friends who think there’s seriously something wrong and he should retire.

People just don't care; they go, enjoy the show and as long as it's in key they don't notice anything.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 1:59 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just can’t fathom anyone listening to Axl’s 2022 vocals and thinking he sounds good. I’ve shown them to unbiased family and friends who think there’s seriously something wrong and he should retire.

I was at the River Plate show and live was good still works. Especially in countries like Argentina where You have 70.000 people singing and you can't fully hear him. But most people Watch the shows only on YouTube 😂

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 5:02 PM, agustingloger said:

I was at the River Plate show and live was good still works. Especially in countries like Argentina where You have 70.000 people singing and you can't fully hear him. But most people Watch the shows only on YouTube 😂

I remember someone saying something like,"I hate when I go to Concerts and everyone else is singing along with the Singer(s). I paid to hear only  the Singer(s) sing, not listen to a bunch of random strangers singing along with the Singer(s)!"

Edited by Karice

On 10/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, Majestic Beast said:

His voice is screwed up lately,not just out of breath but worse,he needs to care his voice with coach.

I'm just glad he can still sing! 😃 I remember it being said that Axl couldn't sing at all, thank God that isn't the case at all. 😃

4 hours ago, Karice said:

I remember someone saying something like,"I hate when I go to Concerts and everyone else is singing along with the Singer(s). I paid to hear only  the Singer(s) sing, not listen to a bunch of random strangers singing along with the Singer(s)!"

I get that but.... It's really imposible in Argentina. At least in the hits You couldn't hear him 100%. But CD , Better, Shadow, Reckless, Absurd, HS , Sorry ... You could hear him fine. Still works live

• 4 months later...

The guy is just in bad voice shape,even worse than back in years where he needed to use the breath machine between the solos and the covers in the shows,i think he sounds like he has a denture in his mouth and fears if he go to hit high notes will throw out the denture.:wacko::blink: He just need to do something for that,will be doing control with his voice coach,he will take some meds specific for vocal issues,he and jon bonjovi this period have both very weak voice condition.

Edited by Majestic Beast
  • Haha 1

He would sound at his best if they first released a new album or at least half a dozen new songs, then got to touring with 2 hour shows featuring approximately 20 songs with at least 4 being new ones, made the tour approximately 1-2 years long & no more, ensuring that the album gets released in that range of time, then repeated the same process over & over. Every other musician can follow that reasonable process, but for Axl it is ultra hard. Why is that? :facepalm:

Edited by Screamin' Demon

14 minutes ago, Screamin' Demon said:

He would sound at his best if they first released a new album or at least half a dozen new songs, then got to touring with 2 hour shows featuring approximately 20 songs with at least 4 being new ones, made the tour approximately 1-2 years long & no more, ensuring that the album gets released in that range of time, then repeated the same process over & over. Every other musician can follow that reasonable process, but for Axl it is ultra hard. Why is that? :facepalm:

Because he’s not a sheep? Why does it matter? Is Axl touring and not releasing new music ruining your life? If so then get out there man, enjoy everything else life has to offer! Life is surprisingly short, go be happy. Find other bands or artists that are more prolific. I come on here just to see any news updates, see general chit chat, funny posts, the moaners, the praisers and occasionally bizarre but funny Karice posts. I think with GNR now it’s just whatever happens, happens. A “don’t expect and you won’t be disappointed” kinda thing. And that’s okay 🙂

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Because he’s not a sheep? Why does it matter? Is Axl touring and not releasing new music ruining your life? If so then get out there man, enjoy everything else life has to offer! Life is surprisingly short, go be happy. Find other bands or artists that are more prolific. I come on here just to see any news updates, see general chit chat, funny posts, the moaners, the praisers and occasionally bizarre but funny Karice posts. I think with GNR now it’s just whatever happens, happens. A “don’t expect and you won’t be disappointed” kinda thing. And that’s okay 🙂

To tell you the truth I generally don't listen to music like hard rock anymore; it's really music for the young generation that is growing up & has a lot of energy & needs music like this to go wild/crazy & rock out. Perfectly understandable if one asks me. I have for the most past grown out of it & it doesn't appeal to me anymore. What I did like about Axl is that each time he did make some music, it was always something different & something new, as well as having some serious talent in it; in fact his song Sorry really amazes me, in that it gave me something to connect with when I was dealing with a malignant Narcissistic mother; Sorry is like a song against Narcissism if you ask me. Nowadays, I have changed tastes & I like music like New-Age/Ambient-Electronic, for example groups like Enigma & Enya as some of the best, but I love the fact that now I can just go on YouTube & subscribe to as many New-Age/Ambient-Electronic musicians & get to listen to hours & hours long peaceful, serene, beautiful songs & all for free. World changes my friend & I'll say that Axl has done some quite amazing stuff nonetheless, just saying that had he filled his time even more productively, he would have been seen across the world as a God within his sort of music which as we know, changed all the time which was what made it so unique anyway. World changes, people change, all changes :shades:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1