The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

29 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I beg to differ

If they would/ could do it right - no problem, would be kinda cool actually.

- Axl, Slash, Izzy (or Gilby), Duff, Steven/ Matt

- some honesty - no f'n carrot dangling when nothing's on the horizon

- release all the good shit from the vault from time to time

- do what can be done to make the singing half way decent 

- make the setlist as interesting as possible

- get great support acts/ co-headliners

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Yeah … I’m not really buying this. 

It wasn't a refund. I went back and forth with the swines and got offered a free ticket for any show up to value of my Gold Circle Guns London ticket. 

I chose Def Leppard and Crue in Sheffield. They said I could only have a general admission ticket but I ended up with a Gold Circle ticket. Well worth sending a few emails. Ticket was worth £140

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, why should they be embarrassed? The touring since 2016 has been spectacularly successful. And there is no shame in being a legacy act. 

Well why did one of main guys from gnr contact Kirk Hammett after he called them a nostalgia act, if they aren't embarrassed?

There's nothing wrong with it, but you can't have it both ways. You either release new music and push forward or you sit and play your back catalogue and become a nostalgia act. They chose option 2

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

I beg to differ

If they have nothing left in the tank and the alternative is throwing in the towel, better to keep entertaining the masses and spreading joy even if some hardcore fans get their panties in a twitch from the mere thought of them not living up to their expectations. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well why did one of main guys from gnr contact Kirk Hammett after he called them a nostalgia act, if they aren't embarrassed?

There's nothing wrong with it, but you can't have it both ways. You either release new music and push forward or you sit and play your back catalogue and become a nostalgia act. They chose option 2

I don't know, you tell me. Besides, does it matter to my opinion that there is no shame in being a legacy act what other people might think, including your band member from this anectote? Nope, it doesn't. 

We don't have it both ways. This band is purely a legacy act. The quicker we fans understand this, the quicker people will stop whining when the band doesn't live up to their expectations of more. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Have you got a link to an article or anything on that? Just did a quick search and can only see stuff about the comment Kirk made :)

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know, you tell me. Besides, does it matter to my opinion that there is no shame in being a legacy act what other people might think, including your band member from this anectote? Nope, it doesn't. 

We don't have it both ways. This band is purely a legacy act. The quicker we fans understand this, the quicker people will stop whining when the band doesn't live up to their expectations of more. 

I didn't say there's shame in it either... I said they were butthurt when Hammett called them out about it. It doesn't matter about my opinion or yours, I also wasn't saying that. Some big jumps there tbf. 

And I wasn't saying the fans can't have it both ways I was talking about gnr members. If they are hurt when someone points out that they don't make music then combat it by making and releasing music

1 minute ago, D4NNY said:

Have you got a link to an article or anything on that? Just did a quick search and can only see stuff about the comment Kirk made :)

It was a YouTube interview with Kirk some time in late 2016? He basically said that he got in trouble over the comment about them being a nostalgia act, and that he didn't mean to slag them he just wished they'd release music

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I didn't say there's shame in it either... I said they were butthurt when Hammett called them out about it. It doesn't matter about my opinion or yours, I also wasn't saying that. Some big jumps there tbf. 

And I wasn't saying the fans can't have it both ways I was talking about gnr members. If they are hurt when someone points out that they don't make music then combat it by making and releasing music

I agree completely. Sorry for misunderstanding.

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, why should they be embarrassed? The touring since 2016 has been spectacularly successful. And there is no shame in being a legacy act. 

I disagree. While it is true that they've had lots of success and have no need for feeling embarrassed at the situation, I do think it is shameful to PRETEND to still want to release new music and not be honest about their intentions of just being legacy 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I disagree. While it is true that they've had lots of success and have no need for feeling embarrassed at the situation, I do think it is shameful to PRETEND to still want to release new music and not be honest about their intentions of just being legacy 

I think it’s pretty apparent that everyone in the band barring W.A.R wants to release and make music. But there’s no democracy in GNR. The bands decisions and direction follow the whims of its leader. His decision is the only say, the final say in all matters GNR related. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kanecrescente said:

Agree. #FREEPELE #PELEWASRIGHT

I agree with Pele about everything (except Soul Monster not having vocals) but the problem was he kept repeating the same shit over and over and it derailed discussion. I think he was even muted for a while but then came back and did the same thing.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I agree with Pele about everything (except Soul Monster not having vocals) but the problem was he kept repeating the same shit over and over and it derailed discussion. I think he was even muted for a while but then came back and did the same thing.

So what. Pele was the most entertaining thing on this forum since the Locker leaks ... It's been VERY dry since then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I am all for critiquing GNR's lack of productivity but I am not sure if I agree with this.  To me, if someone buys a ticket to a show because of some vague comment about new music that hasn't actually come to fruition yet in hopes that said new music will be played at their specific show - unless the tour is advertised as being for promoting a new album specifically, that seems more like gambling with low odds and being angry that your gamble didn't work out in your favor, rather than being short changed

I think you have to add in everything else that has been said 'all new show' 'We have no setlist' 'The show is so exciting' 'we have 5/6 new songs recorded, 1 or 2 are going to be released this summer i think' (summer 2022) 'the new album is ready to go in 3-6 months' (the MANAGER of the band in 2019 or 2020?) 

the constant 'teasing' by slash and duffs partners. They know exactly what they are doing and it wouldn't surprise me if its come from the shitty management. 'We're struggling to sell tickets susan, can you say you've heard a new song and its epic?' Or Meegan 'accidentally' streaming a few seconds of unheard songs in rehearsal etc. 

its almost as if they have a running bet on how long they can mug off their audience for and get away with it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

So what. Pele was the most entertaining thing on this forum since the Locker leaks ... It's been VERY dry since then

It was material, but not entertaining. He kept saying it over and over. So even if I agreed it was just too much. I don't agree though. Wish pele had just stopped and not got his rightfully banning, just could not be helped even with all the warnings