The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

The main issue with Pele is that he derailed discussion constantly. Of course it was the choice of other users whether to reply or not so it wasn't all on him but he basically copy and pasted the same couple of paragraphs almost a hundred times over the span of a few months. He was also unnecessarily combative with anyone that disagreed with him, often times completed unprovoked. For example, I completely agree with Pele that tracks like Zodiac were never completed, but if I see someone say that they hope Zodiac will be on the next album I don't give them some unprovoked snarky reply like "Yeah, keep hoping for something that doesn't exist, idiot", which is basically what he did multiple times.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The main issue with Pele is that he derailed discussion constantly. Of course it was the choice of other users whether to reply or not so it wasn't all on him but he basically copy and pasted the same couple of paragraphs almost a hundred times over the span of a few months. He was also unnecessarily combative with anyone that disagreed with him, often times completed unprovoked. For example, I completely agree with Pele that tracks like Zodiac were never completed, but if I see someone say that they hope Zodiac will be on the next album I don't give them some unprovoked snarky reply like "Yeah, keep hoping for a something that doesn't exist, idiot", which is basically what he did multiple times.

Was a brilliant footballer mind, can’t argue with that

• Haha 3

I’m sure Axl tracked to more than we know.  I don’t the The General is same as SOG.  I also don’t get hyped on the setlist narratives.  It said “General” which could mean a lot of things.  Could mean “General intro” which they use now.  Could mean the old “The General” intro which is part of the song (or so we’ve been told.) I think From 94 (post sympathy) 97-98 Axl was scarce.  I think maybe in 98 is when it picked up.  It’s when we started first hearing rumblings.  Like in the SPIN I bought that year.  The one that talked about Shaq rapping and other new members being in band.  I don’t think he did much with the band up until 98-99-02.  Then maybe a few spot sessions 02-08.  Then maybe some 2012-2014.  Those dates on the locker songs likely are writing dates and the numbers I would guess are mix numbers (12) etc… seeing those dates on their kind of shows 99 was a busy time.  Not to say those songs couldn’t be older. I 100% still believe some of those songs are likely Slash/duff era songs that they started and there is probably more that we will never know or see or that’s been long forgotten on hard drives, old computers and some may not have been even archived.  Tape also degrades if they were using that so who knows.  I just hope we get 4 new songs this summer/fall.  Let’s hope for all new/old songs at minimum.  I’m tired of live shit. 

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Basically everybody kept petitioning for him to be banned because they were upset that Pele would constantly challenge them on their silly beliefs that new music was coming ... He was the only interesting part of this forum and since he's been banned it has been very dry and bland

I found his words sounding like a narcissist, just like Pelé

I can't believe that since 1994 Axl just has recorded vocals to Chinese, Sympathy For The Devil, OMG, Atlas, SOG, Perhaps, Looney Tunes, three songs with Sebastian Bach in 2006, that is Only 20 songs? I would bet there's a lot of songs out there. In 2015 we practically had the CD2 ready to be released and a third album almost finished, in terms of releases I'm not optimistic, but in terms of the songs that Axl recorded I'm realistic, this son of a bitch worked hard for many years recording a lot

My guess on axl's strange output over the past 30 years; the mental weight crippled him? 

Went to the biggest band in the world in a super short period. Made some of the most incredible music with Appetite, then topped it creatively with UYI. 

Probably felt immense pressure to top it again but never felt like it was good enough or afraid to commit in case it wasn't perceived as well. None of us will know what he went though and what drives him. 

Perhaps now he's starting to let go, as he gets older or the expectations to be greater subside.

Me? I just want the chinese sessions box set, new album and live blu ray haha.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

My guess on axl's strange output over the past 30 years; the mental weight crippled him? 

Went to the biggest band in the world in a super short period. Made some of the most incredible music with Appetite, then topped it creatively with UYI. 

Probably felt immense pressure to top it again but never felt like it was good enough or afraid to commit in case it wasn't perceived as well. None of us will know what he went though and what drives him. 

Perhaps now he's starting to let go, as he gets older or the expectations to be greater subside.

maybe one day we'll know, after Gn'R is over and Axl decides to write and release an autobiograhy. He seems like an honest person that is also interested in doing that sort of thing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I agree, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Axl was happy enough with old vocal tracks for Perhaps to not have recorded new vocals specifically for a release today. But he could have worked on those vocals in other sessions, like in 2006. He seems to think that if the vocals were good enough in 2001, they are good enough today. And I suppose that makes sense. 

The only flaw in his thinking is that what he could sing in 2001 is not the same as what he can sing now... so releasing songs where he is shooting himself in the foot live is a crazy choice to make, considering he will have those songs in the set for years to come. He still hasn't performed a version of HardSkool that I think is close to the tone/style he used on the record for example. 

1 hour ago, Sonicjam said:

I agree with this.  I think he let go, but I also think he always carried that burden.  Slash/Duff have always said he was honest to a fault.  I think he always carried the burden of the original band and it haunting him to a sense because of his statement to Kurt Loder walking off stage in 2002.  

“How do you rebuild something that got so big and replace every single person, on the crew, every single thing. And… how do you make a whole bunch of guys that are something else into something that already was.  I don’t think it’s exactly been done like this and not with the intensity of these players wanting to play the material.”

1 hour ago, TheSlashrose said:

I can't believe that since 1994 Axl just has recorded vocals to Chinese, Sympathy For The Devil, OMG, Atlas, SOG, Perhaps, Looney Tunes, three songs with Sebastian Bach in 2006, that is Only 20 songs? I would bet there's a lot of songs out there. In 2015 we practically had the CD2 ready to be released and a third album almost finished, in terms of releases I'm not optimistic, but in terms of the songs that Axl recorded I'm realistic, this son of a bitch worked hard for many years recording a lot

What third album almost finished are you talking about? CD2 was not practically ready to be released. There was 0 discussion from the label or band about CD2's release. We have no solid proof of any other vocals existing outside the leaked songs. And no, Axl saying 15 years ago he recorded vocals on Soul Monster 20 years ago, and Stintson saying he recorded vocals every year, is not solid proof. Axl told us we wouldn't have to wait 10 years for the next album. It's been 15 and no album is coming from Slash's word. Fortus said they were working on the new album every single year for over a decade now. Words are not solid proof. 

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, gunsnchalupas said:

CD II was finished or at a stage where it was ready to master. The label got their money back from Best Buy and had no reason to pour a cent into marketing or burn an album on their contract when it was destined to fail marketing wise without Slash. At least that is my theory......

Axl was continually working on new stuff circa Monster Energy Drinks Presents DJ Ashba joining the band. We know this because there were the leaks of the Monster Energy Drinks Presents DJ Ashba instruments. He apparently wanted Monster Energy Drinks Presents DJ to stay Ashba for the reunion (from Monster Energy Drinks Presents DJ Ashba so grain of salt). Which might point to some usable songs coming from that era. 

Multiple songs did not have vocals circa the Village Leaks, which we later obviously know had vocals on CD. Sorry, Shackles, Better, Going Down (backup). This lends credibility to the possibility that Axl recorded vocals for songs after 2001.

Based on how people characterize the CD sessions, it was notoriously difficult to get Axl to record vocals, especially in the early years. But we are also talking about a nearly 20 year period between the time the CD sessions started with Slash and Duff leaving, and ended with them returning. 

I'm guessing another mammoth vocal session was completed, but after then who knows. 

I certainly don't buy the "he was in the studio doing vocals every year" thing. 

The evidence we have points to there being a handful of songs leftover with vocals, about 6 or so I'd say left. 

9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Ah ok. I can direct you to a few shops in the UK I know of that still have official copies if you like? Not sure how much it would be to get one posted to the US but I can't imagine too much....

yeah send me a DM. hit me up

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

What third album almost finished are you talking about? CD2 was not practically ready to be released. There was 0 discussion from the label or band about CD2's release. We have no solid proof of any other vocals existing outside the leaked songs. And no, Axl saying 15 years ago he recorded vocals on Soul Monster 20 years ago, and Stintson saying he recorded vocals every year, is not solid proof. Axl told us we wouldn't have to wait 10 years for the next album. It's been 15 and no album is coming from Slash's word. Fortus said they were working on the new album every single year for over a decade now. Words are not solid proof. 

I concur. 

I'd love to believe there's a big vault filled with finished songs but there isn't, you know it and I know it. I used to think all these titles like Zodiac and Seven were these big finished tracks but clearly they're instrumentals. 

Pele's theories at first were way off but when he did correct a few points he probably wasn't far off the truth. 

As for CD2 we don't know what state it was in or hor far it got, the "ready to go in 2010" story is a myth that has become accepted fact I think. The intention was probably to finish the album in 2015 i.e add vocals but obviously the reunion took center stage. 

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Basically everybody kept petitioning for him to be banned because they were upset that Pele would constantly challenge them on their silly beliefs that new music was coming ... He was the only interesting part of this forum and since he's been banned it has been very dry and bland

Incorrect. Pele was banned cause he said he was glad Taylor Hawkins was dead and that he deserved to die.

• Wow 3

Actually, thinking about it now, given Brain says on an interview that The General was named as is from the beginning, it probably is its own thing. Of course, it could have been known by multiple names. It's the same dude who named a song  Leave Me Alone/Soul Monster/ Elvis & The Monster of Soul/ Me & My Elvis (allegedly), so, who knows  lol

• Like 2

Pele is a fraud. I don't own the reason, but this guy really crossed the line so many times.

Don't you think Axl recorded vocals for Quicksong? Axl and New Guns recorded a lot of stuff, these guys worked hard. That Me and My Elvis intro gave me goosebumps, this song is perhaps my favorite, dark and heavy