The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Pele is a fraud. I don't own the reason, but this guy really crossed the line so many times.

Don't you think Axl recorded vocals for Quicksong? Axl and New Guns recorded a lot of stuff, these guys worked hard. That Me and My Elvis intro gave me goosebumps, this song is perhaps my favorite, dark and heavy

Quick Song? No. 

On an unrelated note, let's say that, hypothetically, one were to have its HD fried and that HD held a cellphone recording of the song The Marshall, from legendary band Swords N' Lilies and now said person can't find the recording online, nor the edit made by superfan Invader. Hypothetically, where one would find it again? Would someone Deploy More information to said person? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Nah, he was gone a long, long time before that happened. 

Someone was insulting Hawkins in the thread about his death and then the mods deleted all their posts on that thread and banned the person. Pretty sure it was Pele.

Edited by rocknroll41

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Someone was insulting Hawkins in the thread about his death and then the mods deleted all their posts on that thread and banned the person. Pretty sure it was Pele.

I'm fairly sure he was gone before Taylor Hawkins died....but who knows! 

• Like 1

I didn't post here much during the Pele era but I tend to agree with his general points. 

Both Slash and Ron have confirmed that they never wrote new stuff as a band so that alone brings you back to early 00s. 

Slash has also given the impression that there's just a few more songs to release. That appears to be the village leaks and The General based on the set list. 

But I don't think Axls worked on anything new in a long long time. 

• Like 1

I just looked up noodling on Google, and basically noodling means that Slash is freestyling. Freestyling sounds a LOT better than what I thought noodling was (Playing the exact same guitar notes over and over with no real passion) Freestyling seems like it would be FUN, not boring. I don't know why Fans don't like Slash's freestyling. 🤔

3 minutes ago, Karice said:

I just looked up noodling on Google, and basically noodling means that Slash is freestyling. Freestyling sounds a LOT better than what I thought noodling was (Playing the exact same guitar notes over and over with no real passion) Freestyling seems like it would be FUN, not boring. I don't know why Fans don't like Slash's freestyling. 🤔

"noodling" just means in the context of Slash's playing I think, is that when Slash's playing is aimless and loses direction and feels uninspired to listen to. For example when he plays too many notes that don't form a strong melodic connection to one another. In contrast, in his prime in old Guns, it seems most of the time his playing was lyrical, with direction even in the middle of a very chaotic solo.

sometimes he's great nowdays as well,  but imho, it's not what it used to be. His guitar playing was so inspired that it felt almost magical the way he could be so fluid on the instrument without losing direction most of the time. An instinct and ability to play exactly what I wanted to hear as a fan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rovim said:

"noodling" just means in the context of Slash's playing I think, is that when Slash's playing is aimless and loses direction and feels uninspired to listen to. For example when he plays too many notes that don't form a strong melodic connection to one another. In contrast, in his prime in old Guns, it seems most of the time his playing was lyrical, with direction even in the middle of a very chaotic solo.

sometimes he's great nowdays as well,  but imho, it's not what it used to be. His guitar playing was so inspired that it felt almost magical the way he could be so fluid on the instrument without losing direction most of the time. An instinct and ability to play exactly what I wanted to hear as a fan.

Absolutely this. 

It's baffling how Slash has lost his midas touch. Goes to show, experience doesn't always make you a better player. The Slash of today and the Slash of the 90s/early 00s are like two completely different people. He was twice the player in his 20s, 30s and 40s than he has been the last decade or so. I guess its hard for any musician to stay inspired and always be "in-the-zone", but he really does sound like he's lost sight of what made him so unique in the first place.

Edited by Towelie

30 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Absolutely this. 

It's baffling how Slash has lost his midas touch. Goes to show, experience doesn't always make you a better player. The Slash of today and the Slash of the 90s/early 00s are like two completely different people. He was twice the player in his 20s, 30s and 40s than he has been the last decade or so. I guess its hard for any musician to stay inspired and always be "in-the-zone", but he really does sound like he's lost sight of what made him so unique in the first place.

Yeah, he was an absolute master of smooth melodies, just think of the killer guitar melodies, as Axl put it, that make Estranged the song it is. I could listen to the different guitar parts put together for the rest of my days and never get tired of it.

• Like 1

I do to some extent see what people mean about Slash's playing but I think it's way WAY overblown. 

I personally prefer his playing in the 90s also. He had more feel back then but I also think that band had way more chemistry. 

There's no denying that he plays faster these days and I don't always love it myself but he completely carries the 3 hour show and the reunion in general. 

He mainly stays true to all the classics.  Some of the deep cuts and CD stuff is where he tends to wing it a bit. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU SO MUCH

I thought i was alone on this...Slash is playing horrible live nowadays...

He looses the melody path, he butchers his original solos, he butchers whatever he plays on Chinese stuff. 

I dont know what happened to him, but his fast playing is so far away from the player he used to be and the one who made me fall in love with his guitar playing.

Its sad...

I do think that eh still preserves his chops in studio...there are a lot of solos from his solo records that remain true to the 90's Slash, being Wicked Stone, Stone Grind, The One You Loved is Gone and Anastasia the clearest examples.

I meant Slow Grind haha

• Like 1