The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

A thought I just had: Maybe there’s actually more songs with vocals than we realize, and the six or so they worked on during Covid are just the ones they’re planning to release “for now.”

Another possibility is that, if there are other songs with vocals, most of them are probably just “scratch tracks” like State of Grace, Nothing, Quick Song, etc., and therefore unusable.

From what Tommy Stinson said, there are songs from the post-Illusions sessions with Slash and Duff, and maybe those were not in the Village Sessions (just as This I Love wasn't there too). 

Also, Axl mentioned Quick Song in the 2008 chats, so I tend to believe that it got through more work after the Village. I would consider State of Grace as more than scratch track too, considering that it's from the pre-Bucket batch. I mean, the 1999 tracks that Bucket worked on all had pretty significant changes, such as IRS, TWAT or even Prostitute. 

Pure speculation based on a 2004 picture with Axl and Caram outside a studio, I believe that a lot of work was done back then, including the final takes for songs like Better - the earliest demos seems like from 2005. I think Axl came out of the 2002 tour fiasco with something to prove, and after Bucket left in 2004, he felt like he could work (and change) a bit more on stuff like Shacklers and Scraped with Caram in Pro Tools.

• Like 3

Was reading the other Oslo forum.  Made me think.  If they aren’t going to do a new album they should scrap 3/4 of set.  Just do the greatest hits album and cut their set short.  Interchange songs in a group of 12-14 songs. Maybe it would help Axl maintain his voice better.  Sounds like a reviewer complained with length of show.  Not many bands do that long of sets.  I’ll give it to Guns for that one.  They’ve always given big shows for the most part. 

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

So, back on track.......

Cool that they're releasing Ritz 91 since it's not only a great show but has a very unusual setlist with Mr Brownstone not being the second song, PC being early in the set and Jungle being the closer.

BTW seeing how he sings fast-paced tunes like Shadow & Reckless Life pretty decently nowadays imo (angry Mickey I call it) I think Axl could do a decent job if they played Perfect Crime now. The angry Mickey sounds better than the normal Mickey.

Is it being released separately from SDE now?

Just now, colonizedmind said:

Plus do we know for sure Perfect Crime has been soundchecked multiple times throughout the last 15 years?

Not sure if Axl was ever there though...

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Plus do we know for sure Perfect Crime has been soundchecked multiple times throughout the last 15 years?

Not sure if Axl was ever there though...

Haha, no, sorry. 

It's a bit of an in-joke on here. @North Korean Democracy once said it then accidentally posted the same thing multiple times, so everyone started doing the same thing. It's mildly amusing to occasionally just throw it out there again at times! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

From what Tommy Stinson said, there are songs from the post-Illusions sessions with Slash and Duff, and maybe those were not in the Village Sessions (just as This I Love wasn't there too). 

Also, Axl mentioned Quick Song in the 2008 chats, so I tend to believe that it got through more work after the Village. I would consider State of Grace as more than scratch track too, considering that it's from the pre-Bucket batch. I mean, the 1999 tracks that Bucket worked on all had pretty significant changes, such as IRS, TWAT or even Prostitute. 

Pure speculation based on a 2004 picture with Axl and Caram outside a studio, I believe that a lot of work was done back then, including the final takes for songs like Better - the earliest demos seems like from 2005. I think Axl came out of the 2002 tour fiasco with something to prove, and after Bucket left in 2004, he felt like he could work (and change) a bit more on stuff like Shacklers and Scraped with Caram in Pro Tools.

Some thoughts that I have about all songs. Axl talked about 32 songs were worked at the time, 14 have been put in Chinese Democracy that leaves us with 18 songs, Hardskool and Absurd have been released so 16 songs right now, I think that Billionarie, P.R.L, Real Doll.com and Dub suplex are songs not finished and abandonded completely, I just think this because are too industrial and not match with the references of Axl saying that CD2 was going to be more epic. matching with this description Circus Maximus is probably not finished. 

In Hardskool were pieces of vocals from Eye On You that makes me believe that it has not been finished.

Perhaps, Atlas, Quick Song, Mustache, Zodiac, Tonto, State of Grace, Oklahoma, Devious Bastard, Dummy, D Tune, Curly Shuffle, Nothing, Thyme and As It Began. This are the last choices. I know that are other songs that I have not put like Ides Of March, but Sp1at confirmed that It was not finished in that time

If CD2 was ready to be released these might be the tunes that are left with vocals:

Perhaps: leaked in 2019, we already hear it.

Atlas Shrugged: Intended to be in Chinese Democracy so finished also.

The General: Played at a party, for sure completed.

Soul Monster: Axl talking about one of the heaviest things he have done and also saying that he sang the chorus on Christmas makes me believe is finished also.

Oklahoma/Berlin: We have only heard an instrumental but was put it as an alternate song to Rhiad in House of Blues concert 2001 (some forum members in Gnrevolution confirm this), also the fact It has lyrics makes me believe It is finished for sure.

As It Began: There was a song played in the Vienna party where The General was played and someone described It as a piano song, the fact that Ron confirmed that nothing new was created from 2008-2014 makes me believe It could be this tune, even if this one is not sure there is for sure another song with vocals because if It is played in a party It has to be finished I think

State of Grace: It has scratch vocals, the fact that has vocals makes me believe It was finished in a later time.

Quick Song: Axl talked about in 2008, and has like a melody voice put in the version leaked, probably finished in a later time.

Oh My God: We already hear it and seems like a personal favourite tune from Axl

Seven: Brian talked about It when he was questioned about what tracks he liked more, I think that if he named It's because It is finished.

Thyme: CD2 tracklist leaked

Cuban skies: CD2 tracklist leaked

Tonto: CD2 tracklist leaked

Anyway, here is the tracklist of CD II (the songs that was given by the strange bearded man with the bears):

1. "Thyme"
  2. "The General"
  3. "Jackie Chan"
  4. "Atlas Shrugged"
  5. "Oh My God"
  6. "Going Down"
  7. "Tonto"
  8. "Soul Monster"
  9. "Cuban Skies"
  10. "Monstrosity"
  11. "Light My Fire"
  12. "Silkworms"

That last things was the tracklist leaked a time ago, I have never heard about Monstrosity or Light My Fire so I won't put them as finished and Going down recently has been credited to Tommy Stintson so It won't appear on an album.

Doing this I remember myself to Pele😁

So my bet is that the finished vocals are between 13 and 15 songs that matches with the fact that It was said that CD2 was finished but another album would be incompleted at that time.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Haha, no, sorry. 

It's a bit of an in-joke on here. @North Korean Democracy once said it then accidentally posted the same thing multiple times, so everyone started doing the same thing. It's mildly amusing to occasionally just throw it out there again at times! 

We must be mildly amused from time to time! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Some thoughts that I have about all songs. Axl talked about 32 songs were worked at the time, 14 have been put in Chinese Democracy that leaves us with 18 songs, Hardskool and Absurd have been released so 16 songs right now, I think that Billionarie, P.R.L, Real Doll.com and Dub suplex are songs not finished and abandonded completely, I just think this because are too industrial and not match with the references of Axl saying that CD2 was going to be more epic. matching with this description Circus Maximus is probably not finished. 

In Hardskool were pieces of vocals from Eye On You that makes me believe that it has not been finished.

Perhaps, Atlas, Quick Song, Mustache, Zodiac, Tonto, State of Grace, Oklahoma, Devious Bastard, Dummy, D Tune, Curly Shuffle, Nothing, Thyme and As It Began. This are the last choices. I know that are other songs that I have not put like Ides Of March, but Sp1at confirmed that It was not finished in that time

If CD2 was ready to be released these might be the tunes that are left with vocals:

Perhaps: leaked in 2019, we already hear it.

Atlas Shrugged: Intended to be in Chinese Democracy so finished also.

The General: Played at a party, for sure completed.

Soul Monster: Axl talking about one of the heaviest things he have done and also saying that he sang the chorus on Christmas makes me believe is finished also.

Oklahoma/Berlin: We have only heard an instrumental but was put it as an alternate song to Rhiad in House of Blues concert 2001 (some forum members in Gnrevolution confirm this), also the fact It has lyrics makes me believe It is finished for sure.

As It Began: There was a song played in the Vienna party where The General was played and someone described It as a piano song, the fact that Ron confirmed that nothing new was created from 2008-2014 makes me believe It could be this tune, even if this one is not sure there is for sure another song with vocals because if It is played in a party It has to be finished I think

State of Grace: It has scratch vocals, the fact that has vocals makes me believe It was finished in a later time.

Quick Song: Axl talked about in 2008, and has like a melody voice put in the version leaked, probably finished in a later time.

Oh My God: We already hear it and seems like a personal favourite tune from Axl

Seven: Brian talked about It when he was questioned about what tracks he liked more, I think that if he named It's because It is finished.

Thyme: CD2 tracklist leaked

Cuban skies: CD2 tracklist leaked

Tonto: CD2 tracklist leaked

Anyway, here is the tracklist of CD II (the songs that was given by the strange bearded man with the bears):

1. "Thyme"
  2. "The General"
  3. "Jackie Chan"
  4. "Atlas Shrugged"
  5. "Oh My God"
  6. "Going Down"
  7. "Tonto"
  8. "Soul Monster"
  9. "Cuban Skies"
  10. "Monstrosity"
  11. "Light My Fire"
  12. "Silkworms"

That last things was the tracklist leaked a time ago, I have never heard about Monstrosity or Light My Fire so I won't put them as finished and Going down recently has been credited to Tommy Stintson so It won't appear on an album.

Doing this I remember myself to Pele😁

So my bet is that the finished vocals are between 13 and 15 songs that matches with the fact that It was said that CD2 was finished but another album would be incompleted at that time.

These fucking song titles again and again and again and again!! XD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

These fucking song titles again and again and again and again!! XD

Well It's my bet I don't expect them to be released anytime soon, just imagine if this are the songs with vocals what of these titles fit with Slash and Duff?

There is probably 3 or 4 songs that could be released only if Axl is in the mood

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

1. "Thyme"
  2. "The General"
  3. "Jackie Chan"
  4. "Atlas Shrugged"
  5. "Oh My God"
  6. "Going Down"
  7. "Tonto"
  8. "Soul Monster"
  9. "Cuban Skies"
  10. "Monstrosity"
  11. "Light My Fire"
  12. "Silkworms"

It’s tragic that we’re still ‘waiting’ for these

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

It’s tragic that we’re still ‘waiting’ for these

True, but at least the thread has returned to its true purpose: speculating about what the track list would/could be if the songs that we hope/probably/ok some of them definitely exist are ever actually released. 

Edited by Rodzilla72
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Rodzilla72 said:

True, but at least the thread has returned to its true purpose: speculating about what the track list would/could be if the songs that we hope/probably/ok some of them definitely exist are ever actually released. 

Oh agreed. Just pisses me off we aren’t listening to these songs right now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm so sick of hearing about these songs over and over. Not to mention that some of the titles are just plain dumb. Who cares about some old songs from years ago that never came out?

I do. I'm still interested in listening to those songs in a more polished form, even if it's from an eventual new leak with CD-era members. I don't care if it's old, it's new to me.

1 hour ago, Dani_1455 said:

Disagree. Not sure where you heard that CD2 would be "more epic". And regarding being "too industrial", that doesn't mean anything. Silkworms/Absurd is all the proof you need.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm so sick of hearing about these songs over and over. Not to mention that some of the titles are just plain dumb. Who cares about some old songs from years ago that never came out?

I do. Of course I care about unreleased music from GN'R that I expect to enjoy. I'd be mad if I didn't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I do. I'm still interested in listening to those songs in a more polished form, even if it's from an eventual new leak with CD-era members. I don't care if it's old, it's new to me.

Disagree. Not sure where you heard that CD2 would be "more epic". And regarding being "too industrial", that doesn't mean anything. Silkworms/Absurd is all the proof you need.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I do. Of course I care about unreleased music from GN'R that I expect to enjoy. I'd be mad if I didn't.

I understand that, just gets tiring hearing about it over and over. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

me, cause I don't care that the material is old, never came out, or how dumb the song titles were/are. You're asking who cares about unreleased music which contains Axl's vocals and melodies in a Gn'R forum. It's not like he's releasing new material, is he.

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Axl described CD2 as much more darker than CD, maybe I didn't explain myself well.

If he describes CD2 as much more darker, do you think Billionaire or Dub suplex meet these requirements, I think these were ideas that came up in the late 99's like Oh My God but were not finished because they don't match at all with were the band was going on.

Absurd was finished like Oh My God and they are not the same style as this other instrumentals.

Maybe you're correct I don't know more than you!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dani_1455 said:

and not match with the references of Axl saying that CD2 was going to be more epic. 

When did Axl say that CD2 would be more epic? I remember him saying this about CD2:

"Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some."

But I don't recall anything about CD2 being more epic 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

When did Axl say that CD2 would be more epic? I remember him saying this about CD2:

"Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some."

But I don't recall anything about CD2 being more epic 

I answer someone before that I've made a mistake, if I remember correctly now he said that would be more darker than CD but I don't remember the quote exactly

Man to be a fly in some hard drives of former members and producers.  Just imagine all of the different sessions aside from just the village.  I still think the (12) type stuff is versions of mixes.  Then they’d switch producers and if Axl Grease wasn’t showing up I’m sure more have may been written.  A lot of people got paid to sit and rental companies stayed in business.  I think that’s the one thing that actually pisses me off.  They had something done in 2000.  It would be nice to know who REALLY prevented this all from happening back in 99/00?  Would have been awesome to be 17/18 and have CD come out. Or 2000 intentions or whatever it was supposed to be called lol .

• Like 1