The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

7 hours ago, Wabby said:

Lol yup, dont get excited to you physically see it, at the same time im only mildly excited for a remade Perhaps or Atlas, i will be immensely more excited if we found out we were getting The General for sure or even a finished State of Grace

I'd be orgasmic if we found out that we were getting an actual new song wrote over lockdown... Good or bad, that would at least prove to me that there's some real forward movement happening. These Chinese era singles are all well and good too though, I will take what I can get

• Like 1

Loads of rubbishing this and telling us we were all barking up the wrong tree and then saying anyone that logically thought this was something had a "lower IQ"...if signs like this (different to the stretches of the truth on other information past rumours I'd say...pretty big deal seeing Axl in a studio and with Slash...) And if Guns don't come good, they'll be the only illogical ones in the building (again!). 

Listen, I understand why but don't insult fans, be angry with a band that has let you down so often that new music would literally have to slap you in the face before you believe it!

This is new (old) music....the only question I'd say now is... When? Hopefully while the iron is hot, like many of us saying. At the end of Glastonbury or a few days after...

Should be an excited 72 hours (if this is what it appears to be)

https://metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/in-the-studio/looks-like-guns-n-roses-is-in-the-studio

Good update article with all relevant new track quotes over last couple of years

https://blabbermouth.net/news/photo-of-slash-and-axl-rose-in-studio-leads-to-speculation-about-new-guns-n-roses-music#google_vignette

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

They got ya'll hook line and sinker .... Have we all forgotten Slash's own words not even a year ago? No new music has been written, worked on, or recorded. 

Yeah, good point...... Definitely gonna be Perhaps........ It sounded gnrish at rehearsal the other week, and Glastonbury is a really big audience. Here's hoping......... But then again, this band released Silkworms as come back single, so.......... anything could happen............ Regardless of what happens, I pray earnestly that Pitman's parts remain (aka the secret sauce to CD just behind bucket)😂

Edited by jimisbatman

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I know the order of mixing and mastering. There's also mastering mixes

Then there's (re)mixing the masters = remastering. Then there's mixing 20 Yr old vocals into new music = brickwalled as fuck. My cat could master Hard Skool better 😂

Edited by jimisbatman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

They got ya'll hook line and sinker .... Have we all forgotten Slash's own words not even a year ago? No new music has been written, worked on, or recorded. 

SCOM was written in an afternoon. Just sayin. 

That being said, I don’t believe they have written anything new since the reunion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I mean, they did release two reworked CD songs not long ago and have soundchecked another one, I don't think it is "low IQ-esque" to assume at the very least new music is coming in the form of some more reworked CD stuff

I don't know if you were around before 2014 in the days of volcano62 but this board definitely didn't have that much higher of an IQ back in the late 2000s I can tell you that much :lol:

Oh Volcano… Slash’s biggest fan :lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

SCOM was written in an afternoon. Just sayin. 

That being said, I don’t believe they have written anything new since the reunion. 

Slash and Duff like being productive... so even this we don't know. But we are probably getting a reworked version of Perhaps with a bigger Slash solo on it.

notice they said mixes and classic GNR.  

So I think Axl Grease & Slice were listening to:

Spaghetti incident remastered box set with 140 more live songs.  27 versions of KOHD

and

KOHD 10 hours of gimme some reggae version!

Edited by UYI4
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I can hear very faintly a drum machine sound behind the orchestra swell. 

Ive started to pull it apart a bit. The drums you hear at about 1.24 seem to be the outro drums from Chinese Democracy.

The giant hand smacks into the earth just as the drums get to the "and your out of time" part

3 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Ive started to pull it apart a bit. The drums you hear at about 1.24 seem to be the outro drums from Chinese Democracy.

The giant hand smacks into the earth just as the drums get to the "and your out of time" part

Great investigative journalism! 👍

10 hours ago, Underhardy said:

For real. This board used to… have a higher overall IQ… that’s one way to put it. 90% of posters I see now seem to be complete suckers.. no surprise that the longtime posters that actually know how this ‘organization’ operates are MIA. GNR have that effect on their fans. Can only take the frustration and ongoing joke for so long. 

Welcome bak genius 

As I said way back when, when everyone was still calling the Spotify customer service line and asking about algorithms:

They’re releasing 1 or 2 more Chinese leftovers to build hype for the North American leg.

The band sells tickets in Europe easily. North America’s a bit of a tougher sell without something keeping them in the news. My guess is, obviously, Perhaps and, eventually, second track that already had vocals from the Village Sessions (Atlas or SoG).

It’ll be a very similar roll out to Absurd and Hard Skool.

Slash is probably adding/tweaking some guitars (hence the “he can really play!” comment. Unless that was just a commentary on the track playback.)

The problem here, of course, is that Perhaps *sucks* and so does Atlas and SoG. I’m sure they’ve been reworked and Slashed up, but I’m not sure if even Duff and Slash can Polish those turds. We’ll see.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

The problem here, of course, is that Perhaps *sucks* and so does Atlas and SoG. I’m sure they’ve been reworked and Slashed up, but I’m not sure if even Duff and Slash can Polish those turds. We’ll see.

I personally like it. I thought it was the more mainstream rock sounding song after Hard Skool. It’s no SOG but I don’t think we’ll get that song in any capacity similar to how it leaked 

2 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

As I said way back when, when everyone was still calling the Spotify customer service line and asking about algorithms:

They’re releasing 1 or 2 more Chinese leftovers to build hype for the North American leg.

The band sells tickets in Europe easily. North America’s a bit of a tougher sell without something keeping them in the news. My guess is, obviously, Perhaps and, eventually, second track that already had vocals from the Village Sessions (Atlas or SoG).

It’ll be a very similar roll out to Absurd and Hard Skool.

Slash is probably adding/tweaking some guitars (hence the “he can really play!” comment. Unless that was just a commentary on the track playback.)

Thh I think SoG has a lot of potential, atlas could be a very nice song. 

Perhaps is a bit too poppy for me, but is still better than many Chinese democracy songs imo