The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

27 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

They have either been told to or maybe realised that they shouldn't have put it up themselves given the questions they were getting.

Hopefully the former as it means there's something to it!

Well there's quite a few comments that studio were apparently responding to, at one point saying it sounded great, "like classic GNR"...that would be the weirdest way to describe current live material. That's how you describe a type of song. So if that post was accurate and not a mock up,.it was as many of us hoped....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well there's quite a few comments that studio were apparently responding to, at one point saying it sounded great, "like classic GNR"...that would be the weirdest way to describe current live material. That's how you describe a type of song. So if that post was accurate and not a mock up,.it was as many of us hoped....

Yeah looks almost certainly to be about new studio recordings

• Like 2

I wouldn’t put too much stock in the “classic GNR” description. People say that about everything. “St. Anger” was described by many reviewers as “back to the classic Metallica sound” simply because a lot of the songs were fast. Besides that, it bore no resemblance to classic Metallica. I imagine this will be the same.

Besides, we’ve heard the songs already. We know more or less what they sound like.

• Like 1

Before tonight I was sure they were listening to mixes of Chinese Leaftovers. After Glasto i'm not so sure. The BBC def cocked up the mix, but there was a common thread through the whole show which was vocals. They were lower the whole way through for moments in songs where Axl goes Mickey. Lower register or rasp were higher. 

Here's my ignorance, Is it possible that you can pre approve a mix for a live performance? 

I still think they were listening to mixes of the next tracks to be released, but that Glasto broadcast made me think. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prettytiedup88 said:

Before tonight I was sure they were listening to mixes of Chinese Leaftovers. After Glasto i'm not so sure. The BBC def cocked up the mix, but there was a common thread through the whole show which was vocals. They were lower the whole way through for moments in songs where Axl goes Mickey. Lower register or rasp were higher. 

Here's my ignorance, Is it possible that you can pre approve a mix for a live performance? 

I still think they were listening to mixes of the next tracks to be released, but that Glasto broadcast made me think. 

Everything that has been said indicates that it was new stuff. 

Just now, JimiRose said:

There is no better time in the past 10 years for GnR to release new music than right now. They are top of trends on twitter, on BBC, they're being watched by 10 million people in the uk, in all the newspapers. The are never ever going to get free press like this again, can't this band just do one thing right and release an Ep of the remaining 4 tracks or all as singles weekly for the next month? They're not willing to do any promotion, but they just did by doing glastonbury, release it now!!!! Common sense ffs!

True. 

Common sense would have been to say something like "oh and btw, we've got new songs coming out next week, hope you enjoy them, this is one of them" and launching into something massive there and now.

Buuuuut apart from that, it was a mean gig and a night to remember.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

There is no better time in the past 10 years for GnR to release new music than right now. They are top of trends on twitter, on BBC, they're being watched by 10 million people in the uk, in all the newspapers. The are never ever going to get free press like this again, can't this band just do one thing right and release an Ep of the remaining 4 tracks or all as singles weekly for the next month? They're not willing to do any promotion, but they just did by doing glastonbury, release it now!!!! Common sense ffs!

Now or never! :lol:

4 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Yea.....they don't even need to promote (though they should!) As the Glasto bells and whistles is/would do it all for them at the moment....we all said this was the moment! I'd say they have a week or so to do it, to catch the fire....time is sticking though...

4 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

"Axl is not gonna live 4eeeveer..."

Like Bon Jovi's voice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

True. 

Common sense would have been to say something like "oh and btw, we've got new songs coming out next week, hope you enjoy them, this is one of them" and launching into something massive there and now.

Buuuuut apart from that, it was a mean gig and a night to remember.

I don't know what band you are dreaming of but certainly that kind of common sense will never happen from GNR.

• Like 4