The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

5 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

At Epcot currently riding The Land as I’m writing this. I see a lot of youths wearing GNR shirts. More than I’ve noticed in the past. It’s the right time to drop a single NOW. For fucks sake….

Did you ride the guardians ride? That might be the best thing I’ve ever experienced 

Didn’t notice that in Disney but I did notice lots of gnr t shirts in places like PACSUN (slash logo)

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wasn’t it speculated that All I Ever Wanted = Three-Dollar Pyramid/ Better?

I don't know. What was the reasoning behind that? Depeche Mode cover maybe

57 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Did you ride the guardians ride? That might be the best thing I’ve ever experienced 

Didn’t notice that in Disney but I did notice lots of gnr t shirts in places like PACSUN (slash logo)

Great ride

3 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

Am I the only one hearing different words on the Perhaps chorus?

Or at least, finished vocals

Specially 2nd line (‘…. you were begging for?’)

3rd (same words but clearer)

4th (shorter than the demo)

Wohoo, this is....exciting? 

Not to be a dick, but come on...Perhaps...yawn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

Am I the only one hearing different words on the Perhaps chorus?

Or at least, finished vocals

Specially 2nd line (‘…. you were begging for?’)

3rd (same words but clearer)

4th (shorter than the demo)

For me sounds different too. 

11 hours ago, Sosso said:

they left Pitman's synths on Absurd as well.

Is this a fact? 

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

There’s reason to speculate who the drummer may be, as both Brain and Ferrer are still in the picture.

Hope it's Brain.... And how is he in the picture? 

Edited by jimisbatman

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

According to Melissa's website, it's her (and Brain on drums on both tracks):

https://www.melissareesemusic.com/about

As discussed before i doubt this is true. It's not out of the question that she has added stuff in the studio for possible use but with Absurd the synths are the same as the 2006 mix we have. 

As for Hard Skool there are minimal organ lines held town during the verse, which must be Dizzy from the pre Slash and Duff version. If it's either if them it's surely Dizzy? Why would they need her to add a one note organ line. 

As for the drums I'd say HS is Frank. Maybe Brain played it originally and Frank re-did it. It's so processed and sounds copy and pasted that it's possible you can't really tell who is playing on it. 

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

As discussed before i doubt this is true. It's not out of the question that she has added stuff in the studio for possible use but with Absurd the synths are the same as the 2006 mix we have. 

As for Hard Skool there are minimal organ lines held town during the verse, which must be Dizzy from the pre Slash and Duff version. If it's either if them it's surely Dizzy? Why would they need her to add a one note organ line. 

As for the drums I'd say HS is Frank. Maybe Brain played it originally and Frank re-did it. It's so processed and sounds copy and pasted that it's possible you can't really tell who is playing on it. 

Why would she lie, though?

Plus, I don't think she would have put this information on her website without approval from the band/management.

12 hours ago, Sosso said:

Vocals - Axl

Guitars - Slash & Richard

Bass - Duff

Keys - Dizzy & Chris

Drums - Brain 

I don't think that Mel will be on any of the CD leftovers. I mean, they left Pitman's synths on Absurd as well.

I'd say the same. The piano part is probably the same recording from 99. 

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Plus, I don't think she would have put this information on her website without approval from the band/management.

Not so much that she's lying, more that she might be recorded stuff in the studio for use that hasn't ended up in the finished mix. And with the keys in HS so minimal I can't see why they would remove Dizzy or Chris just to have her play the tiny parts that are on it. 

Unless her credit refers to the triggered school bell...

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I agree. The only thing I don't understand is why Brain had a specific credit mentioned in the YouTube info when Absurd came out but he didn't get one for Hard Skool.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

I agree. The only thing I don't understand is why Brain had a specific credit mentioned in the YouTube info when Absurd came out but he didn't get one for Hard Skool.

Maybe because of the comments that followed Absurd regarding Brain and Frank. Hard Skool basically had no credits on the streaming platforms and the Brain credit has since been removed as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Not so much that she's lying, more that she might be recorded stuff in the studio for use that hasn't ended up in the finished mix. And with the keys in HS so minimal I can't see why they would remove Dizzy or Chris just to have her play the tiny parts that are on it. 

Unless her credit refers to the triggered school bell...

Because of royalties maybe? We know there wasn’t exactly a great relationship between Axl and Pitman after the end of NuGNR. Lawsuits were filed. Pitman got something but less than what he'd asked for. I don’t think Axl would want to involve him in anything present/future regarding GN’R, so why not replace his parts. 

Edited by jamillos

12 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

If that's Brain on HS then they picked the shittiest take possible to use lol. I still think it's Frank.

Or maybe Brain's track was so heavily processed (in order to fit the new version) that it ended being something completely different.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Or maybe Brain's track was so heavily processed (in order to fit the new version) that it ended being something completely different.

They did the same with Brian May's guitar solo on Catcher before they deleted it.

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

According to Melissa's website, it's her (and Brain on drums on both tracks):

https://www.melissareesemusic.com/about

It could be the three of them. Dizzy and Pitman on synths and Mel does all the additional programming.

Edited by Sosso

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It makes sense that they (Axl) wouldn't leave Pitman's parts on the track after everything that happened.

They kept Bucket and I would say that there was a lot more bad blood between Axl and him.

I would assume anything that people played is owned by the band itself.  Doesn’t matter who wrote it.  I’ll bet that was in their contracts of some sort.

On a side note.  Anyone else see the new graphic for Hyde?  Has all current members.  Something important to note is when 4tus shared the image on instagram, a few people said “it’s nice to see all members in the image”  more than once 4tus responded to them and said “it’s not an official image though.”

goes to show, beyond Axl Grease, Slice, and FfuD the rest truly are hired pistols.

Edited by UYI4
  • Like 3