The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

3 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Is this a fact? 

Hope it's Brain.... And how is he in the picture? 

Brain never formally left the band, weirdly enough. He had a kid and decided to take a paternity leave, and has basically just been on paternity leave ever since. He still comes to the shows sometimes and hangs out backstage and stuff.

Edited by rocknroll41

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Brain never formally left the band, weirdly enough. He had a kid and decided to take a paternity leave, and has basically just been on paternity leave ever since. He still comes to the shows sometimes and hangs out backstage and stuff.

I hope he's still getting paid for that paternity leave.....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

He was on the road with them for the most part of last year's tour (or maybe even for the whole tour) - he's even featured on behind-the-scenes pictures shared officially by the band. The reason still remains a mystery. It's possible that he's employed by GN'R.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UYI4 said:

I would assume anything that people played is owned by the band itself.  Doesn’t matter who wrote it.  I’ll bet that was in their contracts of some sort.

That's why there's no more material.  Any idea they come up with is completely owned by Axl and they can't do anything else.  So they don't record anything, they just rerecord music Axl already has and if they come up with something, they save it until they get home to their own recording equipment.  That's why Axl's employees release solo albums but Guns'n'Roses has nothing to put out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

They kept Bucket and I would say that there was a lot more bad blood between Axl and him.

I don’t hear bucket on absurd. If you’re talking about the killswitch intro, I’m pretty sure that’s a synth done by Melissa (previously Pitman).

I have a theory, from what slash said about releasing a couple of songs and then he says the idea is to be freed up to work on a new album after that.

I think it must have been part of the contract when they got together that the new band had to work on and release a set number of axls unreleased Chinese demos.

I think slash hopes they will all work on a new album of new material together in the future, but...

I mean they will probably squeeze another tour in before they even think about another album.

If ticket sales start to go down then we might see a bit of action on a new album, but they would have to go down dramatically for any real progress to be made on that album.

They all know they are more interested in dollars than artistic integrity with this gnr project. Not much money to be made in an album anyway.

• Like 1

I mean a great thing for them to do at this point would be to spend a week in a studio together and cut an album of 10 covers, like the Rolling Stones did a while back.

This could be an 'album' that could be done quickly and would have the full band recording organically as people want.

Through this they could do a lot of jamming around those songs and hope that they manage to jam up an original blues based song that they can release as a single.

I mean Metallica get away with covers all the time.

Also, if they chose great songs that younger rock fans don't necessarily know then young fans and casual rock fans will likely think they are new songs anyway.

Edited by Thunderquip
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I don’t hear bucket on absurd. If you’re talking about the killswitch intro, I’m pretty sure that’s a synth done by Melissa (previously Pitman).

They kept him on CD. Sorry for not being clear about that.

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The Spaghetti Incident II (Now With Meatballs):

1.Black Hole Sun

2.I Wanna Be Your Dog

3.Wichita Linemen

4.Light My Fire

5.Children of the Revolution

6.Honky Tonk Women

7.Dust in the Wind

8.Let It Be (Instrumental)

Hidden Track: “Ignition” by R. Kelly

Don't forget TV Eyes and a rerecorded Down on the Farm

Edited by Sosso

22 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

The Spaghetti Incident II (Now With Meatballs):

1.Black Hole Sun

2.I Wanna Be Your Dog

3.Wichita Linemen

4.Light My Fire

5.Children of the Revolution

6.Honky Tonk Women

7.Dust in the Wind

8.Let It Be (Instrumental)

Hidden Track: “Ignition” by R. Kelly

This lineup could do great versions of stuff like Desperado by Alice Cooper, Don't Believe A Word by Thin Lizzy, My My Hey Hey by Niel Young, Marseilles by The Angels... a covers record would definitely be welcome at this point, even if just for a studio version of Wichita Lineman. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Ugh.  No more covers. 

Well, they reached that point in 1993/1994. Cover Songs are a Part of their Identity. From the very first (Sweet Emotion with Tracii) to the most recent.

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Or maybe Brain's track was so heavily processed (in order to fit the new version) that it ended being something completely different.

I've no doubt that the drum track for the final version of Hard Skool was heavily quantized, regardless of who played it.

Alas, most modern rock songs are quantized and autotuned to death. And I really mean 'to death' because these processes sap the life out of songs.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, UYI4 said:

I would assume anything that people played is owned by the band itself.  Doesn’t matter who wrote it.  I’ll bet that was in their contracts of some sort.

On a side note.  Anyone else see the new graphic for Hyde?  Has all current members.  Something important to note is when 4tus shared the image on instagram, a few people said “it’s nice to see all members in the image”  more than once 4tus responded to them and said “it’s not an official image though.”

goes to show, beyond Axl Grease, Slice, and FfuD the rest truly are hired pistols.

Fortus commented on the post and said the picture wasn’t official

3 hours ago, CaioAKR said:

What if the new album is due tomorrow, but it's just a fifteen-minute rerecording of Rocket Queen and a thirty-minute rerecording of KOHD, do we take it?

When we got Hard School, Did it not show up in like New Zeland like 14 hours before it got the official release in the States? Im not sure about Absurd

5 minutes ago, Wabby said:

When we got Hard School, Did it not show up in like New Zeland like 14 hours before it got the official release in the States? Im not sure about Absurd

From what I remember Absurd came out everywhere at the same time no matter the timezone, and Hard Skool came out at midnight for each timezone like all new songs usually do

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaioAKR said:

I was just joking, but yeah. Absurd was a very strange release on all aspects. lol It didn't even conform to "midnight according to timezone" type of release.

The Absurd release was so trippy, I'd never have imagined that the first single to come out of a reunion would be Silkworms :lol:

Thinking about it, Hard Skool would have made much more sense as a first release as it's more in the classic GN'R style and would have been received better I feel. Absurd still would have made a fun b-side. I've actually come to like it a lot though and love Slash's lead work on it. 

Edited by BassistSeb