The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Would it be possible for a German speaking forum member to cut and paste Duff’s Classic Rock interview quote in German and then literally translate it?  I’m wondering if there is any possible chance that he didn’t say a Guns n Roses announcement would be forthcoming possibly this week. 

1 hour ago, diablo9333 said:

Yeah, but why would Axl and Slash be in the studio so much in the past week or so for a live album? Are they dubbing over it Live Era style? 

Were they in the studio other times besides the one where the photo was taken before Glastonbury? 

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If it's a couple bonus tracks like the Hardschool EP, I'd like official releases of Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up and Down On The Farm from this tour.

Based on the Selects, I don't really want a live album... but a live album, covers album, or CD2 won't have any effect on a real new album, because they won't write one. Anything other than a new album is just bonus tracks at this point imo.

Anything attached to new studio releases is fine by me. Just not a live album only. 

44 minutes ago, Macho Vidal said:

Would it be possible for a German speaking forum member to cut and paste Duff’s Classic Rock interview quote in German and then literally translate it?  I’m wondering if there is any possible chance that he didn’t say a Guns n Roses announcement would be forthcoming possibly this week. 

Probably a announcement of more touring as usual

3 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Oh please no. NOBODY wants another live album. 

I do, especially if it is the 2016 Dodger Stadium Bluray that is rumors to have been recorded

But honestly I would be totally down for an audio live album of a compilation of good performances of the songs in the setlist over the years.  I am enjoying having the Glastonbury audio in my music library to jam out to

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Macho Vidal said:

He did say guns n roses. And "probably even this week"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

hmm i wonder... so whatever it is either plans have changed or they are playing something even closer to the chest than usual.

I wouldn't get too excited by a photo of Slash in a studio. He's always working on projects like horror films, collaborations with other artists, maybe even SMKC stuff. 

Axl is interested in film scores. He might have even went down with Slash just out of curiousity. 

Could also be just doing some live mixes or anything. 

Duff's comments could literally be a few added dates.

35 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I think it's clear they're releasing Perhaps. I mean, they've been rehearsing it at soundchecks. We know they haven't started with the new album yet, just these cd tracks, so what else could it be.

But the owner of the studio in Oslo told that they were listening to new mixes  of new GnR-music. Even more: In good old-fashioned GnR-style 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, ElJungmano said:

But the owner of the studio in Oslo told that they were listening to new mixes  of new GnR-music. Even more: In good old-fashioned GnR-style 🤷🏻‍♂️

Is there a particular link? Also, unless the guy is a real fan, "new GNR music" could be Perhaps and e.g. some B-side. It is technically new. Sure, there could be a couple of other songs (see Slash’s interviews), but I wouldn’t expect a surprise album drop or anything. It would be nice to get an EP, though. 

28 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Is there a particular link? Also, unless the guy is a real fan, "new GNR music" could be Perhaps and e.g. some B-side. It is technically new. Sure, there could be a couple of other songs (see Slash’s interviews), but I wouldn’t expect a surprise album drop or anything. It would be nice to get an EP, though. 

True. But I was responding to the post that questioned whether it was Guns N "Roses music at all, with the studio visit from Axl and Slash.

27 minutes ago, ElJungmano said:

True. But I was responding to the post that questioned whether it was Guns N "Roses music at all, with the studio visit from Axl and Slash.

Sounds like something team brazil made him say.

26 minutes ago, ElJungmano said:

You're probably right but I don't recall that Instagram post specifically mentioning new Guns N Roses music. I thought it just said something about new mixes.

14 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

You're probably right but I don't recall that Instagram post specifically mentioning new Guns N Roses music. I thought it just said something about new mixes.

In the official and later deleted studio post there was indeed only talk of new mixes. 
But a studio employee later posted that it was Guns N' Roses music and that it sounded like "Classic-GnR".
Unfortunately, all posts have been deleted in the meantime.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1