The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

52 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

The only thing that could have changed since then is that we'll get less music released than planned, certainly not more.

There's that pessimism they've educated us to A star on. Sadly right though. Open to being surprised though...not dumb enough to get disappointed...

Edited by colonizedmind

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Doesn’t atlas have a sitar sound too?

Atlas will definitely be one of them. It’s companion could be one of the following:

Berlin (it was almost played live)

Zodiac (the notes on the locker discs implied that a vocal version exists)

Soul Monster (Axl claims it has vocals)

Seven (it was talked about a lot, so my gut tells me that it’s probably finished)

Ides of March (Dave Dominguez referred to it as finished)

I don’t think State of Grace was ever finished.

After Perhaps and The General, I’d kill for Tonto, Zodiac, Berlin, and Soul Monster with vocals. Those rock. Quicksong would be great, too. I think Atlas is a good notch under those but it’s probably one of the ones Slash did

I’ll take anything though

• Like 3

Adding fuel to the fire, as of last week I could search the linkfire links and find the regular AFD, UYI, HS, etc but now it doesn’t show the links specifically, it shows all sorts of GNR things, none of which are relevant. My point is Somebody changed the way linkfire can be searched on yahoo and google for GNR in the last few days. At least for my browser.

• Wow 2

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Incorrect. He filed for divorce in 2014, but the settlement only happened a few years later. Besides, slash was already secretly talking to TB in 2013 anyways.

True, but the settlement is based on his wealth at the time of filing for a divorce. He 100% wasn't talking to TB back then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I think there is 

I’m hoping, if that’s the case, they surprise with all 4 (or however many songs they have completed) all at once. Show us they still have some tricks up their sleeves.

They probably have a plan, but they're all well aware how easily plans can change... :lol:

But if they're only gonna release one song at a time, it doesn't really matter what their plan is, because another standalone single can only create so much buzz. It will be news for a week, maybe get some radio play, then be forgotten like Hardschool.

They absolutely missed their window to capitalize on an album, but an album would still generate more hype and likely sell a few more tickets than another single. Best case scenario would be to drop an 8-9 track album (about the same length as Lies) with 6 reworked CD songs, a Duff song or two, and a cover (Wichita Lineman, please.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yes he did. He owes Perla $100k a month for life.

1) He’s worth approximately $90-100 million dollars based on reports 

2) If his income dropped considerably he could go to court to get the alimony amount lowered

3) As an example,  if you had around $50 million to invest, you could make $1.5 million in interest alone yearly if you got just a 3% return. He won’t be running out of money anytime soon because he has to pay her  around $1 million a year

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NelvinHigby said:

it's so funny seeing what others are frothing at the bit for... Listening to the Village Session, i've been obsessed with Atlas... i will be stoked if we ever get anything at this point haha.

I like Atlas, but I'm more of a Perhaps guy. But sure, give me Atlas too. :axl: Now, The General is on a whole other level of hype for me because it's the one that's been talked about the most, we only listen to a tiny, low-quality recording of it and the little we heard sounds amazing. Then Soul Monster is (or at least was) Axl's favorite and Me & My Elvis sounded awesome and Seven has been pretty hyped as well (Beltrami liked it better than The General and Soul Monster and Brain said it was amazing) and we've never heard anything from it (or have we? Does it have another name? :question:) Berlin sounds very promising to.

Now, thinking about the Village Leaks, of the songs with vocals, how many of the them did we know about beforehand? Of course, we've known about Hard Skool (but with the fake name Checkmate), Absurd (of course, as Silkworms), Atlas and Quick Song, but what about State of Grace, Nothing and Eye on You? Were they new titles for us?

Edited by CaioAKR

Not to sound too optimistic but I think plans did changed from when Slash spoke. I think they know fans want a full album vs singles and. That’s what they are prepping. Fingers crossed. I promise this is the last time I’ll get my hopes up. I know I’m setting myself up for disappointment with this lol. 

Edited by sabian11

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

これがまだここに投稿されているかどうかはわかりませんが、次のとおりです。

^「The G」の隣に「E」があることが判明しました。つまり、他の人が推測していたようなザ・ガーデンではなく、実際にはザ・ジェネラルです。

I transcribed as much of the song list for this video as I could. It is below.

*(lower case letters) are my additions

MR. BROWNSTONE
MY MICHELLE
(?)
NOVEMBER (rain)
(down) ON THE FA(rm)
PARADISE (city)
PATIENCE
PERHAPS
PRETTY TIED (up)
(?)
(rec)KLESS (life)
RIFF R(aff)
ROCKET (queen)
R(?)
SHADOW (of your love)
SLITHER
SO(rry?)
STREET OF (dreams)
SWEET (child o' mine)
THE GE(neral)
(?)
THERE W(as a time)
THIS I (love)
TV EYE
(?)
WALK ALL (over you)
WHOLE L(otta rosie)
WICHITA (lineman)
YESTER(days)
(?)
ABSURD
ANYTHING G(oes)
BAD OBSE(ssion)
BETTER
BLACKBIRD
B(lues?) J(am?)
CATCHER (in the rye)
CHINESE (democracy)
CIVIL W(ar)
CIVIL WAR
COMA
DON'T (?)
DON'T CR(y)
ESTR(anged)
HARD SKOOL

+ About 10 pages

1. About 55 pages in total

2. Civil War seems to exist on two pages

3. Song "Don't ~" other than Don't cry exists

Edited by Soboro
There was a mistake.

13 minutes ago, Soboro said:

I transcribed as much of the song list for this video as I could. It is below.

*(lower case letters) are my additions

MR. BROWNSTONE
MY MICHELLE
(?)
NOVEMBER (rain)
ON THE FA(rm)
PARADISE (city)
PATIENCE
PERHAPS
PRETTY TIED (up)
(?)
(re)EKLESS
RIFF R(aff)
ROCKET (queen)
R(?)
SHADOW (of your love)
SLITHER
SO(rry?)
STREET OF (dreams)
SWEET (child o' mine)
THE GE(neral)
(?)
THERE W(as a time)
THIS I (love)
TV EYE
(?)
WALK ALL (over you)
WHOLE L(otta rosie)
WICHITA (lineman)
YESTER(days)
(?)
ABSURD
ANYTHING G(oes)
BAD OBSE(ssion)
BETTE(r)
BLACKBIR(d)
B(?)
CATCHER (in the rye)
CHINESE (democracy)
CIVIL W(ar)
CIVIL WAR
COMA
DON'T (?)
DON'T CR(y)
ESTR(anged)
HARD SKOOL

1. About 45 pages in total

2. Civil War seems to exist on two pages

Locomotive is on there as well. It’s the first ? After my Michelle 

Edited by General2112

1 hour ago, Nick85 said:

Does anyone think there really is a coherent release plan in place for Perhaps and The General? I want to believe there is, but I’m sorta unconvinced. 

Chances are higher that Axl will rerecord all six albums with the current line-up at this point.

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Well. Is the only way that I would hear Chinese Democracy...so It would be a new album for me. Jeje

Which is weird because the songwriting credits would still belong to the musicians who played on that album.

• Like 3