The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Things take time, but 15 years, I don’t know.

Oh for sure, I agree. I was talking more from the point in time of the reworked songs being finished or near finished. I guess I was just trying to illustrate that the release process for any major-label artist is not as simple as it may seem from the outside.

That's for a release though, I'm astounded as to why they'd put it on the main setlist, soundcheck it and not play it.

52 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I wouldn't say that's an accurate description of Robin and Bucket's playing on GN'R material. Did you listen to the locker leaks, and the 2008 album? I get Slash is iconic, comes up with good riffs, etc. but he's far from being the best as far as technical ability, and he's one of the first to admit that. It works for a lot of GN'R material, but not the more evolved CD material. He did do a decent job with Absurd. Hard Skool, was okay but I prefer Robin's work on that song.

I'm not sure if your post is really replying to me, but I meant on Riad only. I love both Robin and Bucket, I covered every CD song for my YouTube channel because I really feel the guitar work on the album is sublime. And sure, I have all the leaks. Riad is one my favorite songs BTW, and I much prefer Andy Wallace's mix from the 2008 Antiquiet leaks. But still, I don't think the main solo was very good and I get why Axl wanted to replace. Not sure if I prefer Bumblefoot's version tho.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm not sure if your post is really replying to me, but I meant on Riad only. I love both Robin and Bucket, I covered every CD song for my YouTube channel because I really feel the guitar work on the album is sublime. And sure, I have all the leaks. Riad is one my favorite songs BTW, and I much prefer Andy Wallace's mix from the 2008 Antiquiet leaks. But still, I don't think the main solo was very good and I get why Axl wanted to replace. Not sure if I prefer Bumblefoot's version tho.

Bumble's version is the only good version imo and I also like that solo very much. So whacky.

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Bumble's version is the only good version imo and I also like that solo very much. So whacky.

I like it, it's very weird and I don't know how to proper play those last notes of the solo that sounds like a dead engine trying to start haha. But still, I still think it could be better. And I prefer the original guitar work, I feel like Bumble's rhythm (both playing and tone-wise) overshadow the excellent guitar work from the previous members. 

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I like it, it's very weird and I don't know how to proper play those last notes of the solo that sounds like a dead engine trying to start haha. But still, I still think it could be better. And I prefer the original guitar work, I feel like Bumble's rhythm (both playing and tone-wise) overshadow the excellent guitar work from the previous members. 

Bumble must feel great about his decision to jump SS GNR. I was so bummed out when we quit, but it's almost 10yrs later and two songs have escaped Axls grip.

Not sure I ever heard Bumbles solo on that is there any place with a copy of it?

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Still thinking about that "trying to get a single out" comment. I'm imagining a room full of scientists, looking over various heated coloured liquids, trying to create the perfect formula for music release.

I think that lab has already exploded.

• Haha 4

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Bumble must feel great about his decision to jump SS GNR. I was so bummed out when we quit, but it's almost 10yrs later and two songs have escaped Axls grip.

Not sure I ever heard Bumbles solo on that is there any place with a copy of it?

officially released studio version of the album, no?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I think those final “dead engine” notes your talking about are cause he’s most likely playing the solo (or at least parts of it) on a fretless.

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Bumble’s Riad Solo is on the final version of the song. The demo version is a mixture of Robin and Bucket.

33 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Still thinking about that "trying to get a single out" comment. I'm imagining a room full of scientists, looking over various heated coloured liquids, trying to create the perfect formula for music release.

Maybe it is legal wranglings? Trying to argue that former members aren't entitled to revenues or something. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Maybe it was just a figure of speech and means nothing.

Or it has to do with sorting out the publishing rights (since there are many writers involved in these tracks, plus Slash and Duff's shares), e.g. if Tommy Stinson will get 3% or 4% of the publishing and that sort of stuff.

Or maybe they're waiting for physical copies to be ready.