The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

12 minutes ago, tboneman said:

Well.. life happened. He's almost 60 years old man with a defibrillator. 

ahahahah OK but one would think a guitar player with Slash's style could only get better or stay the same with his playing style...

The loss of sense of melody, and the murder of his own solos and the ones by other players are really amazing in a negative way.

Its a real shame...I hope he does well in studio with the right guidance

I always think when listening to antiquiet or locker stuff and wonder wtf was wrong with any of those mixes.  Even the one back in the dated 1999-2001 locker stuff on disc 1.  Kind of blows me away that wasn’t “good enough” but why? What was missing?

Edited by UYI4
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What main solo does Slash do in RQ? Slash takes the lead on both of those.

They share some lead but Slash plays all the main bits

Well when Slash is fucking about for 4 days making star wars noises....fortus is taking on the solo before Axl re-appears

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

What main solo does Slash do in RQ? Slash takes the lead on both of those.

They share some lead but Slash plays all the main bits

Fortus plays the solo in the middle of the 9 day long knocking ...hence Axl introducing Fortus when he starts it ...I know most people nod off or have a piss break during Knockin...I take it you're having a pee when it happens

2 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Well when Slash is fucking about for 4 days making star wars noises....fortus is taking on the solo before Axl re-appears

Fortus plays the solo in the middle of the 9 day long knocking ...hence Axl introducing Fortus when he starts it ...I know most people nod off or have a piss break during Knockin...I take it you're having a pee when it happens

Fucking about for 4 days making Star Wars noises LOL HAHAHA that’s hilarious 

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah, that session player who has been in the band longer than Slash & Duff combined and who also has an actual direct connection to the ChiDem songs, and who can play the solos properly, unlike Slash, who sounds abysmal on them at best

He's not even on the merch... 

He's a paid employee lucky to be there. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

My apologies! I misread.

I need to listen to the earlier leaked versions, for YEARS I just assumed it was Buckethead. You described that track accurately. The Bumblefoot solo just seems to wacky and directionless, but I suppose it sort of fits the song. I think Bumble's solo on Shackler's is amazing. I've long wanted to hear Bucket's solo on that track. (It's different than the one we got with Village)

57 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If there is such a Shackler’s, I hope we hear it eventually. 

When the 2008 leaks occurred, some people assumed they were the final mixes of the songs. I recall Bumblefoot responded by saying they were “older demos” so it’s possible and probably likely there are later mixes without Bumblefoot. I think Bumble joined in 2005, I do not know if he actually recorded anything that year or if they recorded his parts in 2006-2007. I assume his contributions were present by 2006 since the album was apparently coming that year at one point. And the Shackler’s that leaked earlier in 2008 had Bumblefoot on it and was close to the album version.

I don't know if Bucket ever had the chance to properly work on Shacklers. I believe Caram, Robin, Axl and whoever else had to work on ProTools with Brain to put together the song we know now from Bucket's ideas for the main riff. The bridge and chorus sound to me like they were created by those other guys, neither sounded much like Bucket's style. 

Shackler's supposed demo (Chicken Dinner) is just an fan-altered RIP of the Rock Band 2 game. Maybe the quality wasn't so great already, but someone def edited the repeated intro, maybe as a safe measure to know who could be responsible for a leak. I don't have any proof on this, it's just what I believe based on what I heard in that mp3. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Yeah, that session player who has been in the band longer than Slash & Duff combined and who also has an actual direct connection to the ChiDem songs, and who can play the solos properly, unlike Slash, who sounds abysmal on them at best

Oh my God!!! Such, such ....no words

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Tommy told Brando on his most recent appearance on his podcast, though I'd doubt it'd be about business. Who knows though? Freese had his lawyer contact him shortly after Hard Skool was released to ask if he had any involvement, to which he didn't think he did as it was so long ago. I'm pretty sure he ended up on the credits in the end.

Well if you listen to it it certainly didn’t sound like they were ordinarily on texting terms so I’d say likely it was business. 

Didn’t pitmen dig in for money owed? He’ll want credits no doubt. 

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

The Chinese stuff would sound better live if Fortus played most of the solos, that's a fact. 

It's pretty akward to argue against that.

And that's my ONLY point. Not that Fortus is a better player, or more important than Slash, like some of these people seem to think people and myself are saying, which nobody is. \

ONLY that when it comes to CHIDEM songs should Fortus being playing leads and solos.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't know if Bucket ever had the chance to properly work on Shacklers. I believe Caram, Robin, Axl and whoever else had to work on ProTools with Brain to put together the song we know now from Bucket's ideas for the main riff. The bridge and chorus sound to me like they were created by those other guys, neither sounded much like Bucket's style. 

Shackler's supposed demo (Chicken Dinner) is just an fan-altered RIP of the Rock Band 2 game. Maybe the quality wasn't so great already, but someone def edited the repeated intro, maybe as a safe measure to know who could be responsible for a leak. I don't have any proof on this, it's just what I believe based on what I heard in that mp3. 

Interesting... The intro to the Shackler's "demo" and end both were definitely changed. I chalked it up to an editing change in the studio. I believe MSL tricked L!VE FREE (Brodie) into obtaining that song, so I wonder where he got it. L!VE did imply to me he did have the Rockband multis long before they leaked, so that supports your theory. 

4 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

And that's my ONLY point. Not that Fortus is a better player, or more important than Slash, like some of these people seem to think people and myself are saying, which nobody is. \

ONLY that when it comes to CHIDEM songs should Fortus being playing leads and solos.

Slash himself should suggest this, I don't think anybody in the band would vote against that. ;)

1 hour ago, DSTK said:

I view that more as the Richard Fortus solo spot rather than him being lead guitarist on KOHD, seen as Slash plays more lead on the song. I don't go for a piss during that song, I do that during coma

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Interesting... The intro to the Shackler's "demo" and end both were definitely changed. I chalked it up to an editing change in the studio. I believe MSL tricked L!VE FREE (Brodie) into obtaining that song, so I wonder where he got it. L!VE did imply to me he did have the Rockband multis long before they leaked, so that supports your theory. 

Is MSL still alive? What the hell does he do these days?

23 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Ahh the classic old watermark technique. So paranoid people know who betrayed them. The first ITW remix leak has something like that on. 

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Still thinking about that "trying to get a single out" comment. I'm imagining a room full of scientists, looking over various heated coloured liquids, trying to create the perfect formula for music release.

Maybe Axl still need to invoke the YODA soul 🌝

27 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

That’s a great observation and one I’ve considered more and more since the locker leaks. Once the track listing for RM2(?) was leaked and we knew we were getting Shankler’s Revenge I was so excited as I thought we’d hear a very close demo, structure wise at least, to what we got on CD, but that couldn’t have been further from the truth.

Your earlier comment too about the replacing of rhythm tracks on Riad, combined with the topic of Axl’s vocals and therefore the date being so late in the CD-sessions recording also leads me to believe these aren’t Bucket on the final version. However, the only thing that makes me think there was a close-ish version with Bucket on is the RB2 multi-tracks and that when you use the isolated lead guitar stem you can hear something that resembles an old solo buried in the mix. Now, is that confirmation of a Bucket solo? Not definitive, but think it’s a strong indication.