The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 hours ago, tboneman said:

New music is coming this year and I'm using my scientifically proved 2008-theory ;)

2008 we saw:

A new Metallica album, a new Batman movie, a new Indiana Jones movie and a new GnR album. 

2023 so far:

A new Metallica album, a new Batman movie (kinda), a new Indiana Jones movie and.... 😁 

Just crazy enough that it might be true 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Me too, his solo ties in really well with Axl's vocals. I can't imagine it being improved. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I wish they featured Robin on at least one more album worth of material (which almost happened). The Village leaks really highlighted his abilities, especially with Zodiac 13 and Me & My Elvis, to name a few.

Unfortunately it's not gonna happen because Robin's whole in the band was pretty much the Slash one. At least we had the chance to get him on those leaks, which is more than I could hope for after 2016. I really feel he's still underrated even among CD-era fans.

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I wonder what his SRV sounding solo is on

Yeah, I've always thought it could be like his solo spot that he started to play on the NA tour in 2006 and in the Japan/Australia tour 2007. That was really really good. 

Also, by Pele - and some other users - account, this SRV-ish solo could only exist in a known track from the Village sessions. :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I don’t recall Hard Skool being soundchecked at every single show. It got a few soundchecks, like Perhaps, and then got debuted in Baltimore after its release.

It’s coming. Either shortly before or shortly after they return to North America, would be my guess.

I actually DO Believe (really) that HardSkool was meant to be released in 2020 but the pandemic delayed it. I don’t think Perhaps and The General will be delayed too much now

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Even if they release and play a new single during the US run, it’s still a weird practice. I know it’s their homeland, but why would you disrespect your European fans like this? (I’ve even heard European crowds are more enthusiastic than the North American ones, which are supposedly less forgiving, colder etc. Don’t quote me, I’ve just heard it, may be nonsense.) Why would you flip off the rest of the world like this? Why not release a new single before the actual goddamn tour even starts? Or better yet, release one song before each leg! We know there’s more than one ready to go, ffs...

I don't think they are necessarily disrespecting or flipping off the European fans...from what i can tell, the European shows ticket sales have looked pretty strong and the NA leg looks like a disaster right now.. assume they are saving any new material to prop up the NA leg and the lagging sales. 

8 minutes ago, dallasgnrfan said:

I don't think they are necessarily disrespecting or flipping off the European fans...from what i can tell, the European shows ticket sales have looked pretty strong and the NA leg looks like a disaster right now.. assume they are saving any new material to prop up the NA leg and the lagging sales. 

... which they couldn’t have known at the beginning of the tour, therefore releasing a single only for the US leg must have been planned ahead. I.e. saving it to the disadvantage of the European fans. 

15 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Unfortunately it's not gonna happen because Robin's whole in the band was pretty much the Slash one. At least we had the chance to get him on those leaks, which is more than I could hope for after 2016. I really feel he's still underrated even among CD-era fans.

I get that. The Village leaks indeed were a big blessing! 

• Like 1

Didn't we found that Hard Skool was on the setlist and even on rehearsals before we knew Absurd was a thing? I mean, I remember that a setlist leaked with Absurd on it, but nobody was reporting to hear it at rehearsals before the band suddenly played and Axl announced the single on stage.

I do think that the recording of Perhaps rehearsal may have been an issue with the GNR camp. Not sure. Also, as I mentioned back in that day, the fact that Axl and Slash were still testing the "new mixes" in "different speakers and headphones" suggested to me that the single release wouldn't happen until the NA tour.

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Didn't we found that Hard Skool was on the setlist and even on rehearsals before we knew Absurd was a thing? I mean, I remember that a setlist leaked with Absurd on it, but nobody was reporting to hear it at rehearsals before the band suddenly played and Axl announced the single on stage.

I do think that the recording of Perhaps rehearsal may have been an issue with the GNR camp. Not sure. Also, as I mentioned back in that day, the fact that Axl and Slash were still testing the "new mixes" in "different speakers and headphones" suggested to me that the single release wouldn't happen until the NA tour.

I agree. I feel you don't listen to mixes in a studio to see which sounds better if a release is imminent. I haven't looked up US ticket sales, but if they aren't doing as strong there it definitely makes sense to hold off a little closer to, just to generate some buzz and get some last minute tickets in. But where's that line of waiting too late? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I think i'm in the minority, always got along with him pretty well. interesting guy to talk to

Dude don't tell people my secret shame

Did he ever leak afd 99? Wasn't that another thing he said he had in full? 

Edited by beardedranga

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Its common, but lazy. There isn't much lyrics on those. At least he sings a bit different the second time. 

You made me listen to the song again and now I'm really upset that Robin's solo and guitar work is gonna be replaced. :cry:

Why be upset when you can already hear it! You'll then have both when it finally comes out !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

AEW is just a high budget version of Impact now. Used to have hope for them but they quickly turned WWE this WWE that.

Perhaps. But Impact and MLW aren't selling 70k tickets to Wembley Stadium without even announcing anything. I think the biggest venue MLW ever ran was around 5k seater as part of a joint show. Most of their shows in recent years have been in the hundreds to 2500k fans, which is successful for the level they run. They are mid level and do well at their level and don't try to run bigger venues than they can sell out. To describe that as extremely successful is misleading to a lol degree because some people in the GNR community are marks for MSL despite him being an absolute scumbag creep (Court Bauer as well).

Anyway back on topic if the plan is to work on an album when shows finish in October which I think is what mayhue said? What plans do people have outside of slash have?Has duff announced anything? 

I mean is there downtime when all members are free at the same time? I don't really follow the side projects

If they actually work on material in October would it be possible for a November 2023 release? I assume it would take longer than a month to get the CDs pressed, art created, approved, printed etc. 
I believe the Spl8t guy said the band already submitted songs, so if they are still working on stuff, maybe it is to complete songs to add to what was submitted to have an album instead of another single or EP. The two studio track and two live track EP was nice of course but 4 songs on one disc gets boring quick. I don’t have it in the CD player in the car for long for that reason. 2-4 more songs would have been nice, even if live just to have more variety on that CD.

7 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If they actually work on material in October would it be possible for a November 2023 release? I assume it would take longer than a month to get the CDs pressed, art created, approved, printed etc. 
I believe the Spl8t guy said the band already submitted songs, so if they are still working on stuff, maybe it is to complete songs to add to what was submitted to have an album instead of another single or EP. The two studio track and two live track EP was nice of course but 4 songs on one disc gets boring quick. I don’t have it in the CD player in the car for long for that reason. 2-4 more songs would have been nice, even if live just to have more variety on that CD.

Well I could be wrong but the way I read what he said was that after October stuff would be seperate to the overdubbed songs. If they try to do stuff from scratch then obviously it could be years. I doubt it will happen, but also think that they will try. 

55 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Well I could be wrong but the way I read what he said was that after October stuff would be seperate to the overdubbed songs. If they try to do stuff from scratch then obviously it could be years. I doubt it will happen, but also think that they will try. 

You read the same way as me, what I'm thinking is that probably The General and Perhaps are the left Chinese leftlovers and nothing more is coming, Slash said about releasing 1 or 2 and then another 1 or 2 and that would be pretty much all of them, what if Perhaps is the one released now and for an upcoming tour next year is The General? And after this focus on the new material they seem to want to create.

All the signs go to that direction, Perhaps soundchecked, The General and Perhaps the only ones saw on setlist and any hint of anything more than this makes me believe there are less re-recorded songs that we may think, that would be so sad.

Edited by Dani_1455