The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

32 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

The band pisses me off all the time. But the forum allows me to suffer with fellow fans. I welcome that.

I think it's more the lack of new music, that pisses me off. The band as itself is great. They have a good time and perform as good as they can. People in the audience enjoy the shows as much as the band, I believe.. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Did Bumble make any comment on Absurd or HS? 

Yes, there was an interview where I remember him talking about playing on Absurd/Silkworms, but that his parts of course were not on the final version. I don't recall him talking about Hard Skool. Fortus has had to re-record parts he added too from the CD era to fit into the NITL versions so they certainly re-worked the songs enough to justify having Fortus re-record his parts.

At this point, releasing new music doesn’t change anything…. They are one of the greatest bands ever, ppl go to their concerts to hear the hits and could care less about new songs. Its a nostalgia act at its grandest.

if Axl is controlling everything in regards to a new song coming out, no one cares. His diehard fans will worship it, there will be those that hate it… But it doesn’t change a thing and wont make an impact on the ‘popular charts’

The band seems like a family these days, and are just doing what they need to do to make everyone happy to support their livelihoods

Its Axl‘s show and we just wait. But at the end of the day- new music doesn’t do anything for the ‘brand’ and thats what it is at this point- ‘a brand’. As long as GN’R play SCOM ppl flock.

9 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I can't see Slash saying "yeah I'll sit this song out so Buckethead can have the solo despite him leaving the band 19 years ago". Considering there's only 4 or 5 songs I don't think there's room for ex band members to stay on the tracks. 

What I mean was having half a dozen or so songs with Slash on them, and the other half a dozen or so were kept intact from the CD era. It's entirely possible Axl is 100% satisfied with some of the mixes from years ago, and doesn't want them touched in any way. Maybe the songs the NITL lineup are doing are the ones Axl felt needed additional work. 

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

What I mean was having half a dozen or so songs with Slash on them, and the other half a dozen or so were kept intact from the CD era. It's entirely possible Axl is 100% satisfied with some of the mixes from years ago, and doesn't want them touched in any way. Maybe the songs the NITL lineup are doing are the ones Axl felt needed additional work. 

Slash is the lead guitarist in Guns. If he didn't appreciate Tobias recording some fills over his solo years ago then I can assure you he won't appreciate Guns releasing music with anyone else on lead guitar. 

And if Slash leaves, then Guns instantly lose stadium status and Duff might not stay. In such a scenario, I think Axl would just retire.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Slash is the lead guitarist in Guns. If he didn't appreciate Tobias recording some fills over his solo years ago then I can assure you he won't appreciate Guns releasing music with anyone else on lead guitar. 

And if Slash leaves, then Guns instantly lose stadium status and Duff might not stay. In such a scenario, I think Axl would just retire.

Slash is Axl’s hired hand. If Slash and Duff truly had a say  on GNR we would have ample music to discuss.

14 minutes ago, Nightrain7 said:

Slash is Axl’s hired hand. If Slash and Duff truly had a say  on GNR we would have ample music to discuss.

Axl might be the boss but Slash and Duff have a huge amount of power. What would Axl do if they left? 

With Axl losing his voice, if they leave then he's not selling out stadiums or maybe even arena's. 

It's not actually going to happen though. Because they probably won't release songs at all and definitely not with someone else on lead guitar.

Edited by jacdaniel

4 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Axl might be the boss but Slash and Duff have a huge amount of power. What would Axl do if they left? 

With Axl losing his voice, if they leave then he's not selling out stadiums or maybe even arena's. 

It's not actually going to happen though. Because they probably won't release songs at all and definitely not with someone else on lead guitar.

Well that’s the thing. Guns N Roses existed. Then they broke up and Axl rebuilt. Then they reunited. If anything happens now they will be back into theaters and arenas at best. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WhazUp said:

All I want is for Axl, Slash, and Duff to sit in a room with a couple of acoustic guitars and come up with a cool bluesy little tune and record it then and there.  No crazy layers, no overdubs onto 20 year old basic tracks, just a stripped down "Skin N' Bones" type of vibe

THIS!!!..I dont need them to reconstruct the wheel, I dont need multi track overdubs and layers ...I just want a stripped down GNR Lies kinda vibe...just all go into a room, jam and see what comes to fruition, dont overthink it and do it for the reasons you all got into music in the first place, passion, inspiration, wanting to create....Not everything need to be complicated. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Slash was out of the band for years when a ton of material was recorded. It's a different situation. He wasn't involved in most, if not all of the CD-era songs so if anything, he should feel a little pressure re-recording Bucket and Robin's work on songs that were "finished" years prior to his involvement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Slash was out of the band for years when a ton of material was recorded. It's a different situation. He wasn't involved in most, if not all of the CD-era songs so if anything, he should feel a little pressure re-recording Bucket and Robin's work on songs that were "finished" years prior to his involvement. 

He doesn't. He said he doesn't play the CD solos correctly because he doesn't feel they hold any "melodic significance" lol.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

He doesn't. He said he doesn't play the CD solos correctly because he doesn't feel they hold any "melodic significance" lol.

I don't think he said that about all the CD solos he plays live. Could be wrong about that.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_on_gnrs_chinese_democracy_buckethead_is_a_fucking_amazing_player.html

"You know, it's very different... it's really cool stuff, but it was played by guitar players that are very different from me, style-wise.

"I've sort of adapted my own way of playing those songs to where I feel comfortable with them, but without losing the integrity of how the guitar parts go. So it's been a lot of fun to do, like, the song 'Chinese Democracy,' which I love playing.

"And there's a song we've been playing lately called 'Madagascar,' which, I don't even know exactly what the guitar parts are on the original at this point because I've changed it so much. [Laughs]

"That said, I also want to give credit where credit's due - the guitar players that played on Chinese Democracy, Buckethead being one of the main ones - are fucking amazing guitar players.

"I have to give those guys a shout-out because that stuff was cool. Very different from what I normally do. So it's been interesting learning some of the stuff that was on that record. I definitely had to figure out ways to adapt to it."

• Like 1