The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

23 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

at this point i think it's pretty absurd you guys are discussing this. He hasn't been this thin ever since 2006. He's just wrinkled because of his age. He also barely has any belly anymore. He may be 61, but he looks in top shape, he's just not as slim as Duff.

Just look at his face, he hasn't been this thin for ages

image.png.1530d9115aeb0783d0b54a1f2181f1ac.png

I don't think it's the face that's being discussed, though. Just my 2 cents, not that I really care (anymore). 

38 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I don't think it's the face that's being discussed, though. Just my 2 cents, not that I really care (anymore). 

They are talking about him needing to be working out and being in shape. Like I said, if you watch a video of any recent performance, he barely has a belly anymore, he no longer looks like this

Screenshot_2023-07-30-13-08-48-35_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

109253614_gunsnrosesjpg.jpg

Dude looks great now, happy for him, just release SOME FUCKING MUSIC

regarding his clothes, these are cool. I like his pants, these are not hobo pants to me, but I feel he should wear these with a black top and black jacket so he doesn't look like a grey mass. Also, I think no one noticed it yet, I think he's wearing that 2006 hoodie he used to wear so much?

AXL ROSE

7 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

They are talking about him needing to be working out and being in shape. Like I said, if you watch a video of any recent performance, he barely has a belly anymore, he no longer looks like this

Screenshot_2023-07-30-13-08-48-35_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Dude looks great now, happy for him, just release SOME FUCKING MUSIC

regarding his clothes, these are cool. I like his pants, these are not hobo pants to me, but I feel he should wear these with a black top and black jacket so he doesn't look like a grey mass. Also, I think no one noticed it yet, I think he's wearing that 2006 hoodie he used to wear so much?

AXL ROSE

Damn, that was horrible! I'd actually be prone to believe these photos were photoshopped to make him look even fatter. But I guess not. 

Just now, jamillos said:

Damn, that was horrible! I'd actually be prone to believe these photos were photoshopped to make him look even fatter. But I guess not. 

Yeah, I wasn't aware he lost so much weight. When you compare pics from a couple of years ago, it's actually impressive

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

People who still feel the need to fatshame axl are pieces of shit and just bad humans over all

all fat jokes aside, if someone shame anyone cause things out of their control which are not relevant to anyone else like how they look and sound physically, they are not worth anybody's time and are cunts that should be shunned by society but that's not the real world, is it. We're much too ignorant as a species still and maybe that's never going to change cause there are too many people with no heart in this world. Unkind with zero fucks given.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

at this point i think it's pretty absurd you guys are discussing this. He hasn't been this thin ever since 2006. He's just wrinkled because of his age. He also barely has any belly anymore. He may be 61, but he looks in top shape, he's just not as slim as Duff.

Just look at his face, he hasn't been this thin for ages

image.png.1530d9115aeb0783d0b54a1f2181f1ac.png

Axl physically is def in his best shape since 2010, just below what he was in 2006. I think what makes him look older is his haircut and lack of beard. if he had some 93 stubble and had his hair long (which would also give the illusion of being thinner) then he'd look younger, but he's 61, he's not going to look 30 no matter what.

I like his stage clothes, he's a rockstar, dress like one, the whackier and more ridiculous the better. Go to any small show in london, people in a band wear regular fit unripped blue jeans and a black t shirt. as soon as i see people on stage dressed like an average joe going shopping, ive checked out of their band. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

I think he looks great for his age. I can only pray that I look that good when I'm 61. Just needs one of those old man beards and he'd be killing it.

Yeah, he looks a lot cooler this year, the wrinkles and all that looks good on him, imo. 

A beard and even messier hair, current length, would look good as well.

5 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

The worst part is that this picture has become like the official photo for GNR articles everywhere, i fucking swear every single GNR related news comes with this thumbnail.

"GNR to release UYI anniversary boxset" 

"GNR announces more American tour dates" 

"GNR rehearsed new song"

Read those headlines and you'll remember having read an article with that photo attached to it. (even though it's totally unrelated) Obviously there's some malicious intent behind it coming from the media. And clickbait of course.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

The worst part is that this picture has become like the official photo for GNR articles everywhere, i fucking swear every single GNR related news comes with this thumbnail.

"GNR to release UYI anniversary boxset" 

"GNR announces more American tour dates" 

"GNR rehearsed new song"

Read those headlines and you'll remember having read an article with that photo attached to it. (even though it's totally unrelated) Obviously there's some malicious intent behind it coming from the media. And clickbait of course.

I don't know if there's malicious intent. I don't think so.

It's probably just that when media outlets are looking for related pictures to accompany their news articles, they're looking at agencies. And since GN'R don't allow media photographers at their own shows, the only available pictures from news/photo agencies are from GN'R performances at festivals (the picture in question is from Austin City Limits). Recent articles have started using pictures from Glastonbury.