The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

30 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

I’d rather call it Oklahoma for whatever reason. Sounds better.

Agreed, though I guess Axl eventually figured that everyone forgot about the 1995 Oklahoma bombing and decided to change the song to make it about the fall of the Berlin Wall since that’s more “timeless.” Just my theory, though.

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

I'm just glad that these people who make fake tracklists have finally learned that the name of Oklahoma is more likely Berlin now and they even remember to include Seven in these lists these days. That's progress!

They forgot the best one! (Soul Monster)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Agreed, though I guess Axl eventually figured that everyone forgot about the 1995 Oklahoma bombing and decided to change the song to make it about the fall of the Berlin Wall since that’s more “timeless.” Just my theory, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the song has gone back to being "Oklahoma" because Axl never got to finish it as "Berlin".

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, axlsalinger said:

there is a dude who posted a bunch of comments on YouTube, one of them was that a song name (pretty sure it was Soul Monster) had changed to In This Grave. It's almost certainly bullshit. 

"In This Grave" was said by the same poster who posted Soul Monster lyrics (unconfirmed) He wasn't implying it was a song title though, but it must be of some significance, assuming it wasn't BS.

But Axl did say Soul Monster would be the eventual title to that song, so unless he changed his mind, I expect it to be so.

3 hours ago, The Matinator said:

Man I just wish they would stop releasing singles a few months removed from November. It always makes it look like a record is on the way since they always put out records in that month.

Maybe they will do that again. ;) 

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the song has gone back to being "Oklahoma" because Axl never got to finish it as "Berlin".

I wouldn't be surprised if the songname is neither Oklahoma or Berlin now.

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not that I believe it, but now someone on 4chan is claiming Atlas Shrugged is actually the name of the album, and that the tracklist is:

1.Oh My God

2.Hard Skool

3.Atlas Shrugged

4.Perhaps

5.The General

6.Berlin

7.Seven

8.In This Grave

9.Absurd

10.Thyme

The trolling literally never ends. I can’t imagine being bored enough to make these crazy claims. 

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not that I believe it, but now someone on 4chan is claiming Atlas Shrugged is actually the name of the album, and that the tracklist is:

1.Oh My God

2.Hard Skool

3.Atlas Shrugged

4.Perhaps

5.The General

6.Berlin

7.Seven

8.In This Grave

9.Absurd

10.Thyme

I think where this person blew any shred of passing this off as being believable was including Oh My God ( and its the first song :lol: )

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

1.Oh My God

2.Hard Skool

3.Atlas Shrugged

4.Perhaps

5.The General

6.Berlin

7.Seven

8.In This Grave

9.Absurd

10.Thyme

Would be a good album title, and that track list would make for a great album

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Why? Oh My God was clearly intended for another release. It wasn't worked on additionally in the mid-late 2000s for fun.

Why this song was ever worked on again is beyond comprehension. It was mixed, mastered, released, and put on a movie soundtrack. This would be like Metallica continuing to work on I disappear and then internet trolls claiming it was going to open their next album. And that demo of the reworked OMG  is awful. They took a song that was not great to begin with that everyone hated when it was released and made it even worse. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Why this song was ever worked on again is beyond comprehension. It was mixed, mastered, released, and put on a movie soundtrack. This would be like Metallica continuing to work on I disappear and then internet trolls claiming it was going to open their next album. And that demo of the reworked OMG  is awful. They took a song that was not great to begin with that everyone hated when it was released and made it even worse. 

I like Bumble's solo, but overall not a fan of the updated version, can't even say when the last time I listened to it was, probably sometime in 2019. I love OMG. Always have. I think it's the most raw and energetic song from ChiDem. And it's a special song in that the lineup that wrote and recorded it only existed very briefly. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

1.Oh My God

2.Hard Skool

3.Atlas Shrugged

4.Perhaps

5.The General

6.Berlin

7.Seven

8.In This Grave

9.Absurd

10.Thyme

LOL

3 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Axl called it a demo a few years later. 

The song is weak, but I like the production. It’s how I imagine a 99-01 CD to sound like. 

19 hours ago, bmus1 said:

I also am an LP believer, but I'm managing my own expectations and am still expecting a Lies 2 format. Nothing makes me think anything more than the 3 singles, The General, and Atlas are done. But that would be enough to round out a release with their strongest live songs.

This also would not suprise me....I hope honestly it's more but I won't get my hopes up

3 minutes ago, Carnal894x said:

Good point. 

I think it's also worth mentioning that it's not like every band member is keeping totally silent, and what Slash said for example does have value imo, which to me is giving a general idea of what direction Gn'R could possibly take in the future, but it's still very far from a confirmed plan by Axl, a release date of an album, on what kind of material the focus could shift to (old/new/hybrid), etc.

9 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Why? Oh My God was clearly intended for another release. It wasn't worked on additionally in the mid-late 2000s for fun.

To re-do a song that was already released officially that wasn't all that great to begin with doesn't make any sense.  

• Like 2