The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

I really do believe The General will be the last “new” track we hear for some time. Of course I’d love to be wrong and be shocked by a covert album in November but I really don’t see it. 

Consider that 2024 is the year Slash will focus on his solo album and touring with the Conspirators. Why drop a full LP and then not tour it? Then again, ya know, Guns N’ Roses. 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick85 said:

I really do believe The General will be the last “new” track we hear for some time. Of course I’d love to be wrong and be shocked by a covert album in November but I really don’t see it. 

Consider that 2024 is the year Slash will focus on his solo album and touring with the Conspirators. Why drop a full LP and then not tour it? Then again, ya know, Guns N’ Roses. 😆

I wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped an LP with tracks we’ve had since 2021 and live material from the current lineup. They have played some lesser known ones in recent years like Dead Horse, locomotive, Nice Boys, Reckless Life, PTU , Anything Goes or Slither would round out an EP or LP. A 2 disc version could include some illusion live tracks remixed but not yet released.

• Like 1

Did GN'R ever perform Shackler's Revenge live on any official products? I don't think it was on the Appetite for Democracy Blu-ray. I suppose the next best thing would be on a leaked IEM or pro-shot concert. 

I remember how intense Axl's vocal performance on this track was when I hard it live in 2011, and again in 2012. 

16 minutes ago, betterman said:

The Sitar pedal to Richard Fortus which he said was for something we dont know of yet. This was before Perhaps, but no sitar in that one, may be for the General. But based on the leaks it could very well be Oklahoma :)

Imagine over a decade of Fortus promising a new album is being worked on and is on the way, and no new album or new songs materialize, and now all of a sudden we take his word so seriously ... LMAO

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Did GN'R ever perform Shackler's Revenge live on any official products? I don't think it was on the Appetite for Democracy Blu-ray. I suppose the next best thing would be on a leaked IEM or pro-shot concert. 

I remember how intense Axl's vocal performance on this track was when I hard it live in 2011, and again in 2012. 

There’s a handful of pro shots on YouTube, I guess one “official” product was the 2012 London show that was cancelled I believe? I don’t understand the full story of that as it was shown on tv recently I think? :shrugs:
Shacklers was a favourite for me at the shows I went to in that era

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Better we never hear of that song ever again

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
  • ABSUЯD 2

54 minutes ago, betterman said:

The Sitar pedal to Richard Fortus which he said was for something we dont know of yet. This was before Perhaps, but no sitar in that one, may be for the General. But based on the leaks it could very well be Oklahoma :)

Could be for Slash's new solo record. :shades:

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

It was on a livestream from The Joint in Las Vegas in 2011

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can’t believe a chunk of people really think an album is looming for November. I mean of course it would be great, however unlikely, but you’d really think more of us would be dubious after all we’ve been through on the new music front.

Edited by Nick85
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

I can’t believe a chunk of people really think an album is looming for November. I mean of course it would be great, however unlikely, but you’d really think more of us would be dubious after all we’ve been through on the new music front.

More chance of Axl dedicating the live debut of Atlas Shrugged to Bon Jovi

12 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

As a long time fan, I completely agree with your sentiment here.

However, something is definitely off if they’re not even offering the Perhaps / General single on CD. CD lead times are almost nothing compared to vinyl. Mick Jagger said the Stones upcoming record was done in March but couldn’t be released until this month due to the vinyl. Considering Atlas was on their Instagram story and they’re not currently planning to tour next year, I do have some hope that another EP may be coming. I was surprised that the NITL version of Better wasn’t one of the live songs on the Hardschool EP. Maybe it’s being saved for an upcoming EP? 

I know, I know. Wishful thinking!

52 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

Not necessary a full album but mayybe an EP with more tracks than already announced for the LP single

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

There can't surely be a member of this forum that think something is coming in November?

There's always been a handful of people like this on the forums. They construct fantasies that exist only in their own minds and then get mad at GNR when the fantasy collapses.

Here they are on Dec 1st when the November fantasy has collapsed:

Tantrum-Throwing-a-fit-Veruca-Salt-GIF.g

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Nick85 said:

61NjNouyFUL.jpg

9 hours ago, DTV88 said:

As a long time fan, I completely agree with your sentiment here.

However, something is definitely off if they’re not even offering the Perhaps / General single on CD. CD lead times are almost nothing compared to vinyl. Mick Jagger said the Stones upcoming record was done in March but couldn’t be released until this month due to the vinyl. Considering Atlas was on their Instagram story and they’re not currently planning to tour next year, I do have some hope that another EP may be coming. I was surprised that the NITL version of Better wasn’t one of the live songs on the Hardschool EP. Maybe it’s being saved for an upcoming EP? 

I know, I know. Wishful thinking!

When was it on Instagram?!

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...