The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

54 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

the topic is hot, the album must be imminent. 

I saw that and fell for it... as usual.

No news, just the world's most entitled fanbase arguing. Again.

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Shhhh, Axl is god and we’re all just suckers for wanting him to share his art. Be grateful for what you have! 
/sarcasm

No one here is claiming Axl is god or that we are suckers for wanting him to share his art. You are just lashing out after being told that the whining is embarrassing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

After The General I really doubt there's anything worth hearing left to leak. 

Coma with Adler is one I'd still like. Maybe some high quality live stuff from the 2001/2002 era too. 

Something to keep us all interested for a bit would be great. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No one here is claiming Axl is god or that we are suckers for wanting him to share his art. You are just lashing out after being told that the whining is embarrassing 

Guns is a legacy touring band that may or may not ever put out a new album. They have put out 4 rehashed songs that were most likely originally created over 20 years prior. Considering it’s been over 15 years since the underwhelming CD was released, I’m not sure why anyone would feel any different. Axl has not stated that a new album is in the works. Until this happens, everything else is speculation even if it comes from Duff or Slash. 

If this is whining, so be it 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

There's plenty! We have not even heard half of CD2 yet. Conservatively, we got at least half a dozen "new" songs to go. 

12 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

There's plenty! We have not even heard half of CD2 yet. Conservatively, we got at least half a dozen "new" songs to go. 

What songs do we think has vocals? Do you still have that CD2 list from the former wrestler dude? Oklahoma is easily my favorite of the Village instrumentals. 

I don’t know how trustworthy that Wikipedia information regarding studios is, but in any case, it says Axl used 15 studios for the CD recordings, and it names most of them. 
Now, I don’t believe even Axl is such a madman to record just the Village worth of material and then use another 14 studios (or even if it was fewer) just to tinker with the couple of songs that have vocals on it. That’s basically nonsense, which means there have to be *dozens* (ha) of other tracks, whether just those unfinished from the Village sessions or even different ones we’ve never heard of. Their quality or overall state of completion may be a different story, of course. 

However, if you’re asking me whether I’d be content with an album consisting solely from that CDII material with copy-pasted guitars and all that (like we’ve had so far), then the answer is fuck no. That’s lazy, and the band should show they still got it and can create new music together, you know, like bands normally do. 
No, they don’t have to sit in one room together all the time, but they should create new music as well. Made by the people who are actually currently in the band. Worst case, Axl could put some older lyrics on some of it. Another portion could be the CDII material, and stuff from the 90s sessions as the last third. Then blend it together. Voila. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Guns is a legacy touring band that may or may not ever put out a new album. They have put out 4 rehashed songs that were most likely originally created over 20 years prior. Considering it’s been over 15 years since the underwhelming CD was released, I’m not sure why anyone would feel any different.

Feel any different than what?

26 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

What songs do we think has vocals? Do you still have that CD2 list from the former wrestler dude? Oklahoma is easily my favorite of the Village instrumentals. 

Who doesn't have that list at this point? :) Interestingly enough, Berlin or Oklahoma is not on that list, at least under that name. But I believe at that time, a "third album" was planned, and songs bounced between the first three albums. 

59 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Now, I don’t believe even Axl is such a madman to record just the Village worth of material and then use another 14 studios (or even if it was fewer) just to tinker with the couple of songs that have vocals on it. That’s basically nonsense, which means there have to be *dozens* (ha) of other tracks, whether just those unfinished from the Village sessions or even different ones we’ve never heard of. Their quality or overall state of completion may be a different story, of course. 

As far as we know, Axl wasn't paying for the studios.  I think it was 2004 when Geffen announced that they wouldn't pay for recording any longer.  Why wouldn't Axl be willing to spend other people's money to tinker with a couple songs for years?  It doesn't cost him anything.  Nobody around him is going to say just finish it and move on.  It's So Easy.

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

“We are working on 32 songs. 26 are nearly done.” Including the 5 reworked songs plus Atlas and SOG we are at 21. So minimum there are another 5 that were at or near completion back in 2006. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

“We are working on 32 songs. 26 are nearly done.” Including the 5 reworked songs plus Atlas and SOG we are at 21. So minimum there are another 5 that were at or near completion back in 2006. 

And Oh My God. Add in Oklahoma/Berlin, Quicksong, Tonto, and Seven and that's 26 songs, with a bunch more as alternates to fill that up.

I'm firm they don't have a quality album to put out that represents this line-up properly. They definitely have an album's worth of material.

This band is musically impotent. 

They've been reunited since 2016...2016...8 years! And we don't even have even a rumor of a single post reunion song that they have put together.

Meanwhile, Slash and Duff churn out whole albums on the side and Captain Axl tinkers with leftover throwaway songs that range from Godawful (the General, Absurd) to mediocre (hard skool, perhaps) but far from the GNR standard, even CDs level.

Edited by Illusion1987
  • Like 2

I'm always eager to hear new Guns N' Roses songs, but after hearing how organic and lively Duff's new album and Slash's new blues stuff sound, I'm not that excited to hear those Nu-Guns -era songs anymore. They're cool compositions and nice things to have, but they do sound kind of stale in comparison to examples mentioned above.

11 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

I'm always eager to hear new Guns N' Roses songs, but after hearing how organic and lively Duff's new album and Slash's new blues stuff sound, I'm not that excited to hear those Nu-Guns -era songs anymore. They're cool compositions and nice things to have, but they do sound kind of stale in comparison to examples mentioned above.

This. It's really frustrating that Axl can't let go of the Chinese stuff. If he was sitting on the greatest songs ever written, maybe. But that's clearly very far from the truth.

This is just a waste of time and disrespectful to the current band, especially Slash.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

This. It's really frustrating that Axl can't let go of the Chinese stuff. If he was sitting on the greatest songs ever written, maybe. But that's clearly very far from the truth.

This is just a waste of time and disrespectful to the current band, especially Slash.

Whether you like the new CD era songs is of course entirely subjective. I am happy we are getting them, AND Duff's new music, AND Slash's blues album. 

As for whether it is "disrespectful" to Slash and the current band, nah :lol: Slash and Duff likely didn't rejoin GN'R to release more music, it was just for the money. They have other venues to be creative and release their own music. And if they don't want to be part of releasing new Guns N' Roses songs from the CD era they are of course allowed to not be part of it. That's their decision. They have decided they want to be part of it. So don't extrapolate your frustration onto them. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Whether you like the new CD era songs is of course entirely subjective. I am happy we are getting them, AND Duff's new music, AND Slash's blues album. 

As for whether it is "disrespectful" to Slash and the current band, nah :lol: Slash and Duff likely didn't rejoin GN'R to release more music, it was just for the money. They have other venues to be creative and release their own music. And if they don't want to be part of releasing new Guns N' Roses songs from the CD era they are of course allowed to not be part of it. That's their decision. They have decided they want to be part of it. So don't extrapolate your frustration onto them. 

Well, they decided to be part of it, so they can move on and create new music. Of course we all know how this ends.

(Without new music :lol:)

2 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Well, they decided to be part of it, so they can move on and create new music. Of course we all know how this ends.

(Without new music :lol:)

Yeah, I think we should take that as the baseline assumption and just be happily surprised it we are wrong :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

I agree totally. 

Seeing them all so active and engaged in music has really highlighted to me how stale it all is with GNR currently and how, even though I thought i'd never say it, they might be better off without Axl and GNR now. 

• Like 1

It was mentioned around the time of the reunion that Axl had a lot of material, and he wanted to get it out there before they write actual new material. This makes sense too, as so far it is what we have gotten from the NITL lineup. 

I wish they had released CD2 right before the reunion and toured it but it didn't work out, and they had plenty of opportunity to between 2010-2014 (or whatever). So that's on them, or someone. Hard to say who. Even things Axl says doesn't always come to fruition, which may or may not be his fault, in part or whole. 

Edited by Sweersa