Greatest Hits: Volume 2--your picks

I was just looking through the Billboard 200 and GN'R's Greatest Hits is still there and has been (on-and-off?) for nearly 20 years. I was thinking if GN'R released a companion album it would surely do well. What are your choices?

Greatest Hits: Volume 2

1. Nitetrain 

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Rocket Queen

4. Used to Love Her

5. Dust N' Bones

6. Dead Horse 

7. Coma

8. Pretty Tied Up

9. Locomotive

10. Estranged 

11, Oh My God (maybe use another version)

12.. Better

13. New song

14. New song

14 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

I was just looking through the Billboard 200 and GN'R's Greatest Hits is still there and has been (on-and-off?) for nearly 20 years. I was thinking if GN'R released a companion album it would surely do well. What are your choices?

Greatest Hits: Volume 2

1. Nitetrain 

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Rocket Queen

4. Used to Love Her

5. Dust N' Bones

6. Dead Horse 

7. Coma

8. Pretty Tied Up

9. Locomotive

10. Estranged 

11, Oh My God (maybe use another version)

12.. Better

13. New song

14. New song

Some of those aren’t really considered “hits”. We (the fans) consider them great songs but RQ and Locomotive weren’t singles.. so they’re not “hits”. I think what you have listed would be a “Best of” and if ever made that could easily be a 2 disc compilation 👍🏼

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DustNBones1990 said:

Some of those aren’t really considered “hits”. We (the fans) consider them great songs but RQ and Locomotive weren’t singles.. so they’re not “hits”. I think what you have listed would be a “Best of” and if ever made that could easily be a 2 disc compilation 👍🏼

Right. I'm thinking of a companion album for the GH. 

26 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

Right. I'm thinking of a companion album for the GH. 

I get what you’re saying but then it would be an album of the other singles/promo singles that were lesser known, very low charting songs so that defeats the purpose of the term “greatest” hits. The Garden is one of my favourites but as a single it didn’t do too great at all, Pretty Tied Up is another favourite, single wise, didn’t do good either. It just wouldn’t make sense as a “greatest” hits.

Well if they were releasing a best of or another greatest hits, they have to release it with the hits otherwise it's not going to perform, and tbh if I had it in my cd changer in the car they are songs I still want to hear every now and again too. 

So... 

jungle

ISE

SCOM

Rocket

Nightrain

YCBM

NV

Dust N Bones

Jive

Estranged

Dead horse

Pretty tied up

Live and let die

SIDHY

Yesterdays

Heavens door (live)

Better

This I Love

SOYL

*A good new song... which remains to be seen*

8 hours ago, Towelie said:

The first one was pointless. A second would be a joke.

The first one in theory made sense but came out at such a low point for the band and without any involvement from the partnership that was created regarding the old music. Take out the last 3 songs and put in Brownstone, Estranged, and Used to Love Her and its as good a GH collection as you're going to get. Better packaging would have also gone a long way.

1. Shadow of your Love
2. It’s So Easy
3. Move to the City (1988 Acoustic)
4. Nightrain
5. Garden of Eden
6. The Garden
7. Dead Horse
8. Pretty Tied Up
9. Estranged
10. Hair of the Dog
11. Oh My God
12. Chinese Democracy
13. Better
14. Hard School

I tried to keep it in the spirit of the original and only include “hits” so all the songs besides Hard School are all charting singles or had a music video made for them.

It's kind of surprising they didn't release another Greatest Hits in 2016. It could've sold really well if they'd capitalized on the reunion hype, especially if they added a couple new songs. Basically just replace the last 4-5 songs on the first GH with Nightrain, Better, Hardschool (or whatever CD leftover they would've done before the Village leaks) and a studio version of The Seeker or something...

• Like 1