06/09/23 - Madrid, ES - Civitas Metropolitan Stadium

downzy

1 minute ago, Alejandro GNR said:

What the hell is Slash playing…stick to the original outro ffs!!!

Is it only me?!?!

The studio version I don't know if the same verbatim stuff would translate, Locomotive's studio outro is more ambient and vibey with Slash doing just little things while the stacks of Axl vocals, live I like that Slash let's it rip over that groove a bit more

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

If I wanted to hear the songs they were played on the album I would just listen to the album. Slash is an incredible player and I love to hear what he does and what he comes up with.  Richard is as well but Slash is my dude

I like listening to Slash improvise as much as the next gnr nerd, but there's no way you can listen to Slash's tel aviv This I love solo and say that's a great guitarist at work. It's rare I'd say it about Slash, but that was atrocious. Barely in key, bends are way out of tune, it's like he's playing the song for the first time without ever having heard it. For a guy who is touted as a great improviser it's really, really bad. Now... Then you compare what he could have played when you hear the studio version and you're bound to say "what the fuck Slash??? Get it together" either come up with something of your own that's as good or just eat your ego for a few minutes and play someone else's great solo, and yes This I love is a great solo, equal to plenty of Slash's gnr work.

I know that the old guys used to sometimes treat slash solos similarly especially Robin, but more often than not they played the bones of the solo at the very least.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just personally and subjectively speaking I feel like the whole "Slash just noodles now and it sucks" thing to be a bit overblown on the forums.  I am not saying every improvisation he does will land, but I overall find his soloing even on most of the CD stuff totally fine

• Like 3

Just now, Skamos66 said:

omg yesterdays, Axl said he doesn't want to give us the "same old boring shit" haha, loving it

1 minute ago, Skamos66 said:

omg yesterdays, Axl said he doesn't want to give us the "same old boring shit" haha, loving it

Really?! 

Amazing if so....but I wonder why he says this now?!