Steven Adler To Release Art Collection Built From ‘Lies' Album

I do think the LED art thing is kinda cool, I think the album choice is strange considering patience excludes Steven and we call all have our view on OIAM, we can love it or hate it for different reasons but the idea Steven is going to make an art canvas of it is slightly distasteful in my opinion 😅

2 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I do think the LED art thing is kinda cool, I think the album choice is strange considering patience excludes Steven and we call all have our view on OIAM, we can love it or hate it for different reasons but the idea Steven is going to make an art canvas of it is slightly distasteful in my opinion 😅

As I said, he already did Appetite. Obviously the next would be Lies since it's an album he is on. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 4:10 PM, Nice Boy said:

You’d be surprised, quite a few people are able to either disregard the lyrics for the sake of appreciation the musicianship of the song, or run with the (unconvincing) “third person perspective” interpretation of them

I just think it's a kick ass song.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 5:10 PM, Nice Boy said:

You’d be surprised, quite a few people are able to either disregard the lyrics for the sake of appreciation the musicianship of the song, or run with the (unconvincing) “third person perspective” interpretation of them

Why is it unconvincing? It is easier to believe that Axl would express himself   in the most hardcore way possible and not give a fuck than to believe he is a racist. I’m sure he knew the song would be misinterpreted and obviously went with it anyway. After all, he is a raging liberal as it seems from his Twitter.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 8:41 PM, D4NNY said:

Pretty odd choice by Steven there.
Who wants a “One in a Million” art canvas…?  :shock:

Depends how he interprets the lyrics. He could very well make it an anti-hate statement piece and ensure that mentality is left in the past. Or it's in there for publicity...

On 3/11/2023 at 1:35 AM, Chester 524 said:

I would advise him to skip one in a million and do one for Civil War instead. 

but I'm not his advisor so what do I know?

80 attempts to get his Civil War piece right...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/10/2023 at 7:35 PM, Chester 524 said:

I would advise him to skip one in a million and do one for Civil War instead. 

but I'm not his advisor so what do I know?

He did one for Civil War in his Appetite collection. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2023 at 10:10 PM, Nice Boy said:

I mean.. I agree with Axl on fag go ts.. I don’t like them either.. they leave a lingering taste that I just don’t like. 

2D62193B-A0F1-4136-A865-AE0E8E3247D2.jpeg.15844355814e0950faa1b1942260529b.jpeg

Edited by D4NNY
  • Haha 3

On 3/11/2023 at 12:59 AM, Spaghetti4twenty said:

Why is it unconvincing? It is easier to believe that Axl would express himself   in the most hardcore way possible and not give a fuck than to believe he is a racist. I’m sure he knew the song would be misinterpreted and obviously went with it anyway. After all, he is a raging liberal as it seems from his Twitter.  

It’s unconvincing that he was writing the lyrics from someone else’s perspective, when it’s clearly just his own recollection of arriving in LA and experiencing an unnerving culture shock. I don’t believe for one second Axl was ever a racist like ‘KKK’ racist, but he did have a small town white boy view of black people, and quickly matured beyond that during his first few years in LA. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

It’s unconvincing that he was writing the lyrics from someone else’s perspective, when it’s clearly just his own recollection of arriving in LA and experiencing an unnerving culture shock. I don’t believe for one second Axl was ever a racist like ‘KKK’ racist, but he did have a small town white boy view of black people, and quickly matured beyond that during his first few years in LA. 

Yeah, I think this is pretty spot on and to a large extent corroborated by what Axl himself has said and others, although various explanations/excuses have been given.

• Like 1

Another problem with One In A Million is the song title. I honestly thought One In A Million was going to be a LOVE song like Sweet Child Of Mine, but it's a shocking, controversial, political song instead. 😳 Maybe a title change would have made the song more clear like something like, "Small Town White Hick In Seedy LA?" So we'd know going in that this is going to maybe be a controversial song and not be completely blindsided? 🤔

Edited by Karice

I personally think it's kinda sad that more than 30 years after releasing an album and an EP (even if one of them was groundbreaking) with these other four guys who kicked him out of the band and barely even acknowledge him anymore, Steven still won't move on. It's always about AFD with him. Therapy would do him good. No joke. Like man... the moment you set in stone that your best years are behind you, that's it. And he did it so early :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I personally think it's kinda sad that more than 30 years after releasing an album and an EP (even if one of them was groundbreaking) with these other four guys who kicked him out of the band and barely even acknowledge him anymore, Steven still won't move on. It's always about AFD with him. Therapy would do him good. No joke. Like man... the moment you set in stone that your best years are behind you, that's it. And he did it so early :(

What else does he have?