How Many Shows Are You Attending for the 2023 Tour?

How Many Shows Are You Attending for the 2023 Tour?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Twice.  If they weren't playing 10 minutes from my home or at Power Trip, it would have been zero.  If Power Trip had been announced first, it would have been once (I pulled the trigger on the strength of the entire lineup of the literally once-in-a-lifetime event).  Love Guns, but it's become the law of diminishing returns on steroids for me.  The band isn't even trying to market these as must-see events any longer - if they can't make the effort to convey any sense of excitement, why should fans be expected to respond any differently in return?  Again, I've never seen a stadium tour promoted in such an meh and lackluster manner.  Props that they continue to keep it all live, though.

12 hours ago, Billy Cundy said:

I saw the Eagles a few weeks prior to GNR in 2022. Whilst they fall into the same lumbering ‘dinosaur dad-rock on a glory lap’ category as GNR (though they’ve all got a good 15 years on GNR)  it was sensational. You can forgive the hired gun-heavy line ups and the stale set lists when the performances are spotless. I know it’s a far more sanitised style of rock, but I couldn’t help feel a bit cheated when I saw GNR a few weeks later, for the same price, and the band were pretty damn subpar. It wasn’t just wheezy old Axl squeaking his way thru … the whole band just sounded shaky. Watching a band phone it in and go through the motions isn’t an appealing prospect when tickets cost a fortune now. 

A few months later, I saw the Genesis’ final tour. Phil Collins is chair bound, but like the eagles, the musicianship and attention to detail was spotless. The backing singers hired to help Phil (in lieu of soulless track) sang phenomenally. 2022 didn’t do much for my perspective on GNR.

Squeaking his way thru. Lolololol.

• Like 1

Exactly none.

I had a chance to go in '92 and couldn't. Thought I would be able to make up for it in '16 by going to a show that Adler performed at, only to become disillusioned (pun intended) by the fact that the stadium was full of gray-haired people who pretty much just stood around and sipped beer while the band did their best to pretend it was still 1992. Since then, I have no interest in repeating that. It was expensive as hell (I was third row behind the pit), and the band and fans--which were both clearly past their primes at the time--would only be further past their primes, making for a snooze fest beyond imagination.

If Guns N Roses had stayed together and naturally evolved, and had kept putting out new music that suited their evolution... maybe I'd be into their current incarnation. But not this. This is just sad. And I mean that literally, not as an insult. It sucks getting old, and it sucks watching your heroes get old, but man... I don't need that.

I still have the CDs/vinyl. I still have my original t-shirts, officially-released DVDs etc. I still have Youtube where Paris '92 and the Ritz live on in all their glory.

I'm good.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Nintari said:

the stadium was full of gray-haired people

and fans--which were both clearly past their primes at the time-

-It sucks getting old

Wtf if wrong with grey haired people?

Clearly past their prime? Speak for yourself. In many areas I kick ass more today at 51 than I did when I was in my 20’s.

I do agree with your last statement.  For me the worst part is thinking about my own mortality every time I see someone die young.

Just one, and only because a friend of mine suggested we go since it's been six years since we last saw them. Bought for Montreal where it's outdoors, all general admission, and only $100. I fully expect nothing of significance happening but whatever. I'm sure we'll have a good time. If my friend cancels I'll probably just sell my ticket.

2 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

Wtf if wrong with grey haired people?

Clearly past their prime? Speak for yourself. In many areas I kick ass more today at 51 than I did when I was in my 20’s.

I do agree with your last statement.  For me the worst part is thinking about my own mortality every time I see someone die young.

Nothing is inherently wrong with gray-haired people. But when you go to a show where songs like Out Ta Get Me and It's So Easy are being played, and the crowd is old and just standing around, nodding their heads slowly as if they were all bobble-head dolls on a mildly bumping back road... it's a little deflating.

As I mentioned, I naively thought I was getting Paris '92 etc. My fault, I suppose, but yeah. Not happening again.

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nintari said:

Nothing is inherently wrong with gray-haired people. But when you go to a show where songs like Out Ta Get Me and It's So Easy are being played, and the crowd is old and just standing around, nodding their heads slowly as if they were all bobble-head dolls on a mildly bumping back road... it's a little deflating.

As I mentioned, I naively thought I was getting Paris '92 etc. My fault, I suppose, but yeah. Not happening again.

lol :facepalm:

Zero, because they don't come to my country or any neighbouring countries.

But I would probably skip them any way. The band just don't feel as important to me as it did just few years ago. I still connect with their music, but seeing them live doesn't feel like a priority anymore.

Have a ticket for one show, only Graspop. In 2017 and 2018 I did 8 shows in total, last year only one too. I would do more, because I always have a great time, but my life has changed a lot these past few years, so priorities change. If I can get a ticket for the show in Holland for cheap, I would be tempted to go there too, especially since they're in a smaller venue now. What was keeping me from going to Landgraaf, was the huge field and the high price.

None - saw them in London (night 1) last year and was a bit disappointed .  I might have been tempted if they played further north - but can't be bothered to go down to London again, especially with the accommodation and travel costs on top!

None.

Saw them in München 17 and Berlin 18 (and Mönchengladbach 12) and that was it so far. Enjoyed both, Munich a lot more, but this year it's most likely not going to happen.

I thought about going to Frankfurt and / or the Dutch date for a minute, but it won't happen.

12 hours ago, Blackjacker said:

As such, I’m just doing the show at the Hard Rock in Florida.

Since it’s just a cash grab tour, I wish they’d fully commit to the idea and do a ridiculously-priced theater/arena tour.

See you there.

I wish the same.  Was hoping for the Apollo.

8 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Doesn't get better than Estranged, I'd agree fully! 

Sadly, Estranged isn't getting better though.....

I still get goosebumps every time I hear it, and I’ve been known to get something in my eyes when seeing it live 😂

11 hours ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

Once. Just need to hear Estranged echo across a stadium one more time and then I think I’ll have closure😂

Haha I keep waiting for that day too. Doesn’t look like it’s ever gonna happen

😂