How Many Shows Are You Attending for the 2023 Tour?

How Many Shows Are You Attending for the 2023 Tour?  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

This forum isn't really a representation of the hardcore base. There's lots of fans you see on multiple shows. 

This.

Most here are the minority as proven by posts like “they won’t change until they stop making money”.

I’m at 2 so far. Possibility for 3 or 4 if there are any dates added.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

This.

Most here are the minority as proven by posts like “they won’t change until they stop making money”.

I’m at 2 so far. Possibility for 3 or 4 if there are any dates added.

Just so it’s on the record, I agree the hardcore fans are the extremely vocal minority.

Which means the nostalgia tour will continue until they retire.

• Like 1

Graspop for me. I already had tickets for the festival and i'm offcourse happy Gn'r are one of the headliners. Maybe Weert in The Netherlands too. I'll probably get in for 60-70 EUR due to the poor ticketsales. But I wait for the first few shows to see if anything changed in the setlist and if Axl is in decent form. After seeing 4 NITL shows and Hannover last year, I'm not going if it's 95% the same show.

I get people’s annoyance at no new music. But having that as a reason not to go to a show doesn’t make complete sense.. the one place you’re likely to first hear new tracks is, at an upcoming show.?

Anyway I’m going to Hyde Park, London

bit worried it’ll be a short show narrowed to the hits though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't think anyone should go to a show expecting new songs... but half the songs they've released over the last 25 years were debuted live before the singles/album dropped. :shrugs:

At this point it's not even the lack of "new" music that's annoying, the whole show is beyond stale. They'll throw in an old song or two and some covers, but mostly it's a worse version of the same show they've been doing for years... if they actually bothered to change things up I think most people here would be a lot more positive about the band.

Yep.. even an acoustic set in the middle.. different intro songs. Bit of an exciting stage show vs last year. Anything to change it from being the same show we've all seen many times for several years.

If it's the same animations on the screens and 95% same setlist then Christ.. I'll not be going to that again.

One show for me. At $400+ per ticket for pit, I can’t justify going to second show plus hotel and airfare. Guns live is always a great time, but I’ve seen the NITL tour all over the states now. This summer will be my ninth or tenth show. Definitely the priciest if we’re talking just ticket prices alone. I want new songs to be excited about. I’ve grown a little resentful and bored. I know they don’t owe me anything. I won’t owe them anything either. 

I’ve seen Slash a couple times since then too, and Duff’s solo. For the price of admission, I enjoyed those shows as much if not more than the last few GNR sets. Of course, it’s hard to compare intimate venues like Pabst and Thalia Hall to big baseball stadiums.  

Edited by GnR Chris

30 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Yep.. even an acoustic set in the middle.. different intro songs. Bit of an exciting stage show vs last year. Anything to change it from being the same show we've all seen many times for several years.

If it's the same animations on the screens and 95% same setlist then Christ.. I'll not be going to that again.

Yea, there's no reason why they couldn't occasionally open with Pretty Tied Up, You're Crazy, Nightrain, SOYL, etc. and an acoustic set in the middle would be nice.

I got a cheap-ish ticket because it's been 6 years since I've seen them and some family wanted to go, but this will almost definitely be the last time I see them. I'm gonna see Måneskin the night before, so it'll be a fun weekend anyway.

None. 

With the price of tickets, lack of variety and general feeling of 'going through the motions' of the band, I don't see the point in continually paying to see something I really really loved a few years ago in a lesser version. 

New album, new energy, better venues/cheaper tickets and I'd go again. 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2023 at 12:39 PM, ChristmasFnatic said:

Damn. I hope someone from the GN'R camp lurk this forums and can read this. The interest really died down from the hardcore. I remember the first few years at the start of the reunion, people here were crazy about the tickets.

There was so much to like about how this tour started. It felt like those first 7 shows that happened before the first summer tour in 2016 had a lot to offer... They were adding new songs to the set almost nightly, the allure of having Slash back in the band was very strong, and Axl was going out of his comfort zone with Axl/DC. The summer 2016 tour that followed added new songs every 20 shows or so, and toured the world over. 

7 years later, that same formula that toured the world in 2016 is basically being rinsed and repeated with little to nothing changing about the actual show. 7 years have passed. SEVEN. Artists have risen from nothing and been cancelled in the same amount of time that has spanned this entire tour. 

To put it in perspective, I was REALLY into GNR when the 2016 shows kicked off, and im sure my post history from around that time can confirm that. In the 7 years this tour has gone on, I've seen the show 5 times over different years. From those 5 shows, I was able to get about 36 unique songs. The common gripe is that they don't change the setlist up enough, but 36 different songs from 5 shows is fair, and leaves enough variety to think you've seen different shows, even though the setlist feels like the same basic idea every night. 

Then I got into Billy Strings. 

I've seen Billy 6 times in a 365 day period, and through those six shows I've gotten exactly 100 different unique songs played at just those 6 shows. It really changed my perspective into putting your money where you think the most value is. And in the last 7 years, i think my stock with GNR has sunk to 1929 levels. 

You can get a Billy Strings ticket for $40. I can't find a GNR ticket at the nearest venue they're playing this summer for less than $200, SEVEN years into this tour, with virtually the same formula they've been using for those 7 years.

Where's the value, other than this might be the last time you'd get to see them? I've been telling myself that since i went out of my way to go to 3 shows in the summer of 2016. 

At this point, and in this economy, I'd rather save my $220 and see 5 Billy shows. 

My whole point in saying any of this is it's all what you get out of it in the end.... I'll probably play the ticketmaster and stubhub game and get into that GNR show for less than $100 like i did in 2021. But I'll always know where my value lies with them, and i won't go out of my way to see them if their not giving back like other artists are capable of. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

There was so much to like about how this tour started. It felt like those first 7 shows that happened before the first summer tour in 2016 had a lot to offer... They were adding new songs to the set almost nightly, the allure of having Slash back in the band was very strong, and Axl was going out of his comfort zone with Axl/DC. The summer 2016 tour that followed added new songs every 20 shows or so, and toured the world over. 

7 years later, that same formula that toured the world in 2016 is basically being rinsed and repeated with little to nothing changing about the actual show. 7 years have passed. SEVEN. Artists have risen from nothing and been cancelled in the same amount of time that has spanned this entire tour. 

To put it in perspective, I was REALLY into GNR when the 2016 shows kicked off, and im sure my post history from around that time can confirm that. In the 7 years this tour has gone on, I've seen the show 5 times over different years. From those 5 shows, I was able to get about 36 unique songs. The common gripe is that they don't change the setlist up enough, but 36 different songs from 5 shows is fair, and leaves enough variety to think you've seen different shows, even though the setlist feels like the same basic idea every night. 

Then I got into Billy Strings. 

I've seen Billy 6 times in a 365 day period, and through those six shows I've gotten exactly 100 different unique songs played at just those 6 shows. It really changed my perspective into putting your money where you think the most value is. And in the last 7 years, i think my stock with GNR has sunk to 1929 levels. 

You can get a Billy Strings ticket for $40. I can't find a GNR ticket at the nearest venue they're playing this summer for less than $200, SEVEN years into this tour, with virtually the same formula they've been using for those 7 years.

Where's the value, other than this might be the last time you'd get to see them? I've been telling myself that since i went out of my way to go to 3 shows in the summer of 2016. 

At this point, and in this economy, I'd rather save my $220 and see 5 Billy shows. 

My whole point in saying any of this is it's all what you get out of it in the end.... I'll probably play the ticketmaster and stubhub game and get into that GNR show for less than $100 like i did in 2021. But I'll always know where my value lies with them, and i won't go out of my way to see them if their not giving back like other artists are capable of. 

Petition to rename the site MyBillyStringsForum.com 

PS who’s billy strings?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Petition to rename the site MyBillyStringsForum.com 

PS who’s billy strings?

Looks like my point went flying right over your head, and thats fine. 

Billy Strings is a blue grass artist who came from nothing and has risen to fame in the Grateful Dead/Jam community in the same time GNR have been stuck doing the same exact thing. All 4 of his albums, AND his debut EP with 3 original songs and 3 covers all came out AFTER GNR played their first show at the Troubadour. I can't even make that stat up. 

I could have said anyone though. I saw Slash solo last year and got more out of it than the last GNR show I went to. Slash has literally gone on 2 solo tours since GNR have been back together, what does that tell you about Axl's creativity? 

• GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Looks like my point went flying right over your head, and thats fine. 

Billy Strings is a blue grass artist who came from nothing and has risen to fame in the Grateful Dead/Jam community in the same time GNR have been stuck doing the same exact thing. All 4 of his albums, AND his debut EP with 3 original songs and 3 covers all came out AFTER GNR played their first show at the Troubadour. I can't even make that stat up. 

I could have said anyone though. I saw Slash solo last year and got more out of it than the last GNR show I went to. Slash has literally gone on 2 solo tours since GNR have been back together, what does that tell you about Axl's creativity? 

I saw the Eagles a few weeks prior to GNR in 2022. Whilst they fall into the same lumbering ‘dinosaur dad-rock on a glory lap’ category as GNR (though they’ve all got a good 15 years on GNR)  it was sensational. You can forgive the hired gun-heavy line ups and the stale set lists when the performances are spotless. I know it’s a far more sanitised style of rock, but I couldn’t help feel a bit cheated when I saw GNR a few weeks later, for the same price, and the band were pretty damn subpar. It wasn’t just wheezy old Axl squeaking his way thru … the whole band just sounded shaky. Watching a band phone it in and go through the motions isn’t an appealing prospect when tickets cost a fortune now. 

A few months later, I saw the Genesis’ final tour. Phil Collins is chair bound, but like the eagles, the musicianship and attention to detail was spotless. The backing singers hired to help Phil (in lieu of soulless track) sang phenomenally. 2022 didn’t do much for my perspective on GNR.