Using AI to give Axl Rose´s voice back

2 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Holy shit! That's pretty awesome, scary and kinda sad to see the direct comparison. Great job, as an experiment, but I really, really hope this isn't the face...well voice...of new music (no danger of that with GNR anyway).

and while i'm not commenting about that personally , ill just say this . i think music ,and art in general is very much  in big trouble. i think its the new disgraced era.

i can't believe one of u guys haven't said "it" yet, 

Edited by wendirosez
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, nycgunner said:

Really interesting, but unsettling.  Give me the real thing, warts and all

Technology has already ruined so much in the last 20 years. AI will be the worst 

mate its going to cause war (if it gets in the wrong hands, which it will , which it has ...a.k.a. youtube  )    they are currently on the cusp of completing the transition to the second stage - AGI, in which the intelligence of machines can equal humans.  

9 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

and while i'm not commenting about that personally , ill just say this . i think music ,and art in general is very much  in big trouble. i think its the new disgraced era.

Illustrators, storyboard artists etc are fucked. It's incredible technology, but we do need to consider the long last implications of it.

Look at how AI generated images have progressed in just one year. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, invisible_rose said:

Illustrators, storyboard artists etc are fucked. It's incredible technology, but we do need to consider the long last implications of it.

Look at how AI generated images have progressed in just one year. 

We are going to be jacked in the distant future. There will undoubtedly  be  Implications .     Will man use it responsibly ? of course we will.... just like everything else.  ...

I think it is only good for medicine. ..:shrugs:..maybe space ...(maybe not space)  

What about using AI on ChD Rockband's vocal tracks on songs like ITW, CITR, SOD, Rhiad or Prostitute? Making AI learn rasp from Better or TIL and we might get rid of the Mickey mouse. Always wondered how those songs would've sound with 'proper' Axl voice.. Just like on 09-10 tour

Nah lol.  I can tell the moments when it's not Axl.  Many of the ends of words are over pronounced or stressed. 

Also OP (if you're indeed human and not simply AI, yourself :lol:), I'm not trying to slag your work or anything.  It's obviously very impressive and I think you did a great job.  I'm just sayin, you know, there's no duplicatin' the real Axl!  :):):):)

15 hours ago, wendirosez said:

AI will never be able to recreate a live band in a smelly club with some drunk people having a dance. Art on a local level won’t be replaced. It’s a community thing. There’s also a fun to playing music that can’t be attained by listening to music. The energy of playing is addictive and there will always be kids somewhere wanting to make a racket. 

• Like 2

No, this is fucking awesome. More music for the world is always a win. I was just waiting until this was picked up here somewhat. In what world do people live in where they are angry at more albums with Axl Roses voice to listen to. Don't get the people crying about it, sucks for you to be stuck in the past. Some people need to realize they are now turning into the old farts angrily shaking their fists at new tech, and that's always how it's been. You for one can go and listen to the same album for the 1000th time and jerk off to it with the lights down, but don't go and criticize and ruin other peoples enjoyment who have an open mind and are not stuck in the time they grew up in.

I don't care about the -history- of the audio I'm listening to. It's fucking audio. It's made to be listened to, not have deep thoughts about "how did they record this". I don't care who recorded what when or how the process of it was made, all that counts in the end is what arrives at your ears. And that is more music to enjoy from your favourite artists, in this case peak Axl vocals, without the artist even having to put in any work himself.

Once this is figured out with "official" releases of this kind requiring the artists blessing in the future, this is nothing but a fucking win for everyone. Fans get more music and the artist will make bank by doing fuck all except approving it. I think there will be an "AI" section on artist streaming platforms in the future where they have albums and tracks approved and liked by the artist.

For comparison here, this is making the rounds currently - an entire new Oasis album by the 1995 lineup made with AI vocals. This band wrote songs in the Oasis style, recorded them, and put an AI Liam Gallagher as vocalist. The third song 'Alright' is absolutely mindblowing, it sounds like a direct track from Definitely Maybe from 1994. It's literally indistinguishable.  If people can make something that sounds like this RIGHT NOW, imagine the possibilities in the future, this tech is only in its infancy at the moment.

Just read the mindblown fan reactions in the comments to being suddenly blessed with a new classic Oasis album out of nowhere. Liam heard it and tweeted "I sound mega" lol

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

On the other hand, there is an AI initiative running at the moment that checks mammograms for tumours. Early results indicate it is significantly better at spotting very early stage breast cancer than an experienced radiographer.

Given the shortage currently in skilled radiographers, I'd say that's a pretty useful bit of science.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

No, this is fucking awesome. More music for the world is always a win. I was just waiting until this was picked up here somewhat. In what world do people live in where they are angry at more albums with Axl Roses voice to listen to. Don't get the people crying about it, sucks for you to be stuck in the past. Some people need to realize they are now turning into the old farts angrily shaking their fists at new tech, and that's always how it's been. You for one can go and listen to the same album for the 1000th time and jerk off to it with the lights down, but don't go and criticize and ruin other peoples enjoyment who have an open mind and are not stuck in the time they grew up in.

I don't care about the -history- of the audio I'm listening to. It's fucking audio. It's made to be listened to, not have deep thoughts about "how did they record this". I don't care who recorded what when or how the process of it was made, all that counts in the end is what arrives at your ears. And that is more music to enjoy from your favourite artists, in this case peak Axl vocals, without the artist even having to put in any work himself.

Once this is figured out with "official" releases of this kind requiring the artists blessing in the future, this is nothing but a fucking win for everyone. Fans get more music and the artist will make bank by doing fuck all except approving it. I think there will be an "AI" section on artist streaming platforms in the future where they have albums and tracks approved and liked by the artist.

For comparison here, this is making the rounds currently - an entire new Oasis album by the 1995 lineup made with AI vocals. This band wrote songs in the Oasis style, recorded them, and put an AI Liam Gallagher as vocalist. The third song 'Alright' is absolutely mindblowing, it sounds like a direct track from Definitely Maybe from 1994. It's literally indistinguishable.  If people can make something that sounds like this RIGHT NOW, imagine the possibilities in the future, this tech is only in its infancy at the moment.

Just read the mindblown fan reactions in the comments to being suddenly blessed with a new classic Oasis album out of nowhere. Liam heard it and tweeted "I sound mega" lol

I totally see your point, but also - Isn't that just like going to see a gig only for it to be lip-synced? Where do you draw the line between integrity and progress?

• Like 2