06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

3 minutes ago, koldweather said:

I dont think anyone can that dissapointed with no new song, we've got 3 songs that may as well be new given how long it's been since they last played them, several others that haven't been heard in the last 5 years+.

Plus Hard skool and Absurd aren't that old really.

Besides the HardSkool/Absurd comment I agree with this. They aren't old, but they aren't new and they both get fairly muted receptions so they could/should drop them

It's a great start, and if they can keep this up then this will be an interesting run. Why not have a set where you fire in everything? I think this is value for money if you've already seen them a few times on this tour.

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

I'm sure it's going to be this setlist with some song swaps most of the tour 

I think Axl will pick and choose his moments with some of these songs, but for the first show of the year and they open with 28+ songs in the set and a few nice surprises, it's hard to fault it.

Just a pity ISE is still perched on that opening slot... but fack it, that's not changing and when you're there it is still a great moment!

Just now, kanecrescente said:

It's right below Civil War... given the fact that DOTF, Bad Obsession, PTU and Anything Goes all got given a ride about, I'd like to think so

Wow that’s great news. Hopefully a live performance with a single release like the other 2

3 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Without the context of the photo, it's OK to doubt it. But it's 100% legit (+ most of the songs DID end up being played tonight)

This is the photo that must be looked at:

350135246_1633225963825682_3067973298804

Wow ok cool

What a setlist! 

They have put a great marker down for the rest of the tour. Chuffed to bits that they've brought some of the oldies back again. Hope Bad Obsession stay in. Loved seeing that back in 91 and 92. Where was Zig Zig though! 

Long may this continue 🤘🤘🤘

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kanecrescente said:

Someone else said it earlier, but Glasto is the best bet with the exposure it's going to have along with it

Where did all those people vanish to who claimed Glastonbury wasn't a big deal, and that they'd never even heard of it?! Hahaha. 

Down On The Farm has been brought back specially for it too I'm sure. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

Only three weeks to go.  My daughters going to Glasto.  And she’s a big fan. 

I fucking love Glasto. I once saw Rolf Harris do two little boys in front of 30,000 people there. 😂

• Haha 4