06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

1 minute ago, mystery said:

That setlist is like they skimmed this forum and were like alright already. Bringing back songs from 30 plus years is pretty cool, especially Anything Goes. They've now performed almost all of Appetite for Destruction with the exception of Think About You which hasn't been played since 2006.

looks like our fantasy sets indeed

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I was able to listen at work until the end of Anything Goes. I was surprised that they brought that song back. I'm looking forward to the MetLife show!!!!

I might be in Jersey in August. I’ll wait until they start dumping tickets to buy as I’m not too keen on sitting very close to the stage anyway. Not sure changing up an already stale setlist will help to move more tickets for the wretched masses. 

Edited by smokingarthur
  • Like 1

Axl genuinely sounds pretty close to the album version of Bad Obsession from the video I watched. Songs like that show he can sing in in that vocal range but his standard raspy style awesome as it was just isn't sustainable over decades of touring. 

If they'd replaced TIL and SOD with Perhaps and the slow You're Crazy, this would almost be a perfect setlist. Definitely a pleasant surprise for most of us who didn't give a shit about this tour a couple days ago... :lol:

Hopefully they drop Perhaps sooner than later though, the way they dragged out the Hardschool release was annoying.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If they'd replaced TIL and SOD with Perhaps and the slow You're Crazy, this would almost be a perfect setlist.

Locomotive was also soundchecked. If that was included in this I would go buy tickets right fucking now.

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Looks like I missed a decent show tonight, never thought I'd say that. 

This is probably the most exciting show to happen since 2016!

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

• janrichmond changed the title to 06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

You know- I'm excited about this band again for the first time in ages and that's a great feeling.

Just been reading all this shit about Rammstein, their sleazy (alleged) drugging of very young women, and it all seemed so sad and pathetic compared to the fun evening it's been following this setlist develop. It also made me think how far GNR have come on that side of things. It's impossible to imagine people like Duff and Slash being involved with any of that. 

We rag on the band a bit sometimes here,  but it really only is because of how much of a shit we give. 

Yeah there was nothing new tonight, which is always frustrating....but changing it all up like they have done tonight is such a damn relief. It probably won't sell them any more tickets, as no-one outside of places like this board especially knows or cares that they're playing Pretty Tied Up or Down On The Farm, but that's the beauty of being a big fan. 

Now.......anyone got a cheap ticket going to go see them as I sure as hell can't afford their prices still! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

Although I like Perhaps if the band releases this song like they released the other two, it will surely suck. And I think they changed the song, maybe that piano intro became a guitar riff. Times have changed, the band needs to understand that they are not as popular around anymore. The other bands survive because they do a good job of marketing

Some link for Rocket Queen? 

1 minute ago, TheSlashrose said:

Although I like Perhaps if the band releases this song like they released the other two, it will surely suck. And I think they changed the song, maybe that piano intro became a guitar riff. Times have changed, the band needs to understand that they are not as popular around anymore. The other bands survive because they do a good job of marketing

If they release it that way, then it will be forgotten in a flash. It'll be news for a day or so and then gone. The only thing that could save it with a release like that is that they've redone the song and it's now fucking amazing... we will see, but if it's basically what we've already heard then, you can kiss that thought goodbye😄 

There needs to be a proper video that has Axl, Slash and Duff in it, not just BS lyric videos that nobody gives a fack about. They won't be promoting it on tv etc. so they have to get it out some other way. Rick Beato just did a great video where he talked of artists blocking on youtube GNR, Eagles, AC/DC, Beatles. He said each artists spotify listenership has dropped since 2016 and continues to drop. So... GNR need to start being more friendly with youtubers and let them make videos about them without slapping cease and desist letters on their asses. because they are missing a huge opportunity there. Metallica saw this and not only didn't take the revenue from the videos, but they promoted them on their socials as it's good for getting the word out. A new GNR single needs all the help it can get!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Looks like I missed a decent show tonight, never thought I'd say that. 

Exciting for sure.  In comparison to other opening nights it's not bad, probably equal to how he started last years tour though, being fair... but with the few new songs it's definitely smoothed over some of the cracks. The cold light of day will be interesting on this show😄

• Like 1

with TIL being played, I'm so excited to see what's on the 2 or 3 page of that setlist. We can hope for anything. Maybe there's more new songs than Perhaps. Maybe Think About You is there aswell. 

With reports from "Bad Apples" being soundchecked, I'm sure there's more surprises.

11 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

Some link for Rocket Queen? 

The piano is my favorite part of that song, but I hope they do market it better. I get Absurd failing on impact, but Hardskool probably could’ve a relevant modern rock song if they promoted it some 

If you think about it, if creative differences is still an issue as it was in the late 90s, they might just be taking their time slowing releasing the stuff that’s already 90% done. I mean there’s no way they just put out Absurd and Hardskool (the weaker of the material that’s left IMO) and NOT Perhaps or even something as epic as Quick Song. 

but yeah, regardless it probably will be an overcompressed clusterfuck of noise 😂