06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

disagree. I was so relieved he stuck with the low voice. His high voice would have ruined the chorus for me.  Would be very similar to the way he does Slither. He busted out the high voice at the end and it sounded bad.  Save that shit for the ones he can sound good on like when he is beltimng Nightrrain Out... Or the end of It's So Easy and Nightrain.  

Yup.. I went to buy PIT tix for Boston last night. I ended up not getting them though after seeing the Live Nation fees were $140 fucking dollars PER TICKET.

That's ok, but I strongly disagree with you😄. I would rather he went for it. It doesn't work as it is. It just plods along with zero momentum. He sang it high on the leaked soundcheck a few years ago and from what I could tell he sounded good.

He lost his place and started singing off time, freaked out and tried to ad lib some lines... I don't think it's fair to say that's his best effort. I'd rather not hear it, than hear him sing it this way though, and that's from someone who has wanted to hear this live since the first show I went to. 

Nothing against Melissa taking so e high notes, but it has to make sense for the song and to me it kills it...  Not in a good way either

Edited by Tom2112

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

He forgot to do Perils at the beginning though, did it at the end instead. Hopefully he'll remember the "and I can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really want to know" bit for the end next time.

I know I'm biased because I'm a huge Matt fanboi but PTU, BO, and DOTF would sound better imo if he was there. The feel just isn't the same with Frank.

Yep. Frank didn't get the feel of BO right. HAS to have the cowbell during he verses. It just sounds too bar room rock with the open hat, but that is exactly how he will play from now on

1 hour ago, Skamos66 said:

Richards solo is perfect. Slash is noodling again, dizzy and melissa perfect. Axl... in 2010 he sounded so good on this song. I can't see how he can sing it better tbh, there arent any low baritone bits in this song and theres no extreme screams, it's literally all sung in that range that he has completely lost, which makes it a strange choice. tbh at least its a different song to usual.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

That's ok, but I strongly disagree with you😄. I would rather he went for it. It doesn't work as it is. It just plods along with zero momentum. He sang it high on the leaked soundcheck a few years ago and from what I could tell he sounded good.

He lost his place and started singing off time, freaked out and tried to ad lib some lines... I don't think it's fair to say that's his best effort. I'd rather not hear it, than hear him sing it this way though, and that's from someone who has wanted to hear this live since the first show I went to. 

Nothing against Melissa taking so e high notes, but it has to make sense for the song and to me it kills it...  Not in a good way either

It's just the first show, let's see what happens going forward. Maybe he'll try the high part in the chorus later.

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yep. Frank didn't get the feel of BO right. HAS to have the cowbell during he verses. It just sounds too bar room rock with the open hat, but that is exactly how he will play from now on

Yeah exactly. He's pushing it a little faster which isn't necessarily bad (it does sound kind of cool) but it's not the same as back then, where it drags just a little.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

with TIL being played, I'm so excited to see what's on the 2 or 3 page of that setlist. We can hope for anything. Maybe there's more new songs than Perhaps. Maybe Think About You is there aswell. 

With reports from "Bad Apples" being soundchecked, I'm sure there's more surprises.

I think we can expect anything now. Breakdown, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Bad Apples, Think About You, Out Ta Get Me, So Fine, Yesterdays, also Riff Raff, I Feel Good... Everything is possible now, and i love it. :lol::headbang:

1 minute ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I think we can expect anything now. Breakdown, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Bad Apples, Think About You, Out Ta Get Me, So Fine, Yesterdays, also Riff Raff, I Feel Good... Everything is possible now, and i love it. :lol::headbang:

All we want/need now is perhaps and Atlas. Ideally soul monster and the general and state of grace too. But EVEN I will be satisfied with 2 new songs in the set. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I definitely want to hear Bad Apples (although Frank is probably going to mess that one up also).

46 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

He forgot to do Perils at the beginning though, did it at the end instead. Hopefully he'll remember the "and I can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really want to know" bit for the end next time.

I know I'm biased because I'm a huge Matt fanboi but PTU, BO, and DOTF would sound better imo if he was there. The feel just isn't the same with Frank.

That’s what I was expecting! Thanks for the correction, I wasn’t sure what didn’t sound right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yeah I mean, his voice is not getting any better any more, we’re past the situations where he came back surprisingly strong after some break (2006, 2016), even though there can be occasional nice surprises, like the end of, what was it 2021, 2022? – where he rasped the last PC etc. The way to go is what he seems to have embraced finally – adjusting the playlist to his current abilities, i.e. playing songs like Bad Obsession and DOTF, doing PTU in the low voice, and dropping impossible stuff like Better. Stinkers like TIL should go as well. 

Hollywood, FL 2021 last show of the year. Probably Axl's best vocal performance since 2017.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Hollywood, FL 2021 last show of the year. Probably Axl's best vocal performance since 2017.

Dublin 2022 was also very good. Then came the London shows and the Glasgow cancellation iirc 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

going to upload Anything Goes from that one stream on my channel, problem is the guys turn the camera to their faces and cut it off near the end but it's better than nothing

Just watched one of the whole song. The sound was pretty low but Axl sounded pretty good on it.

33 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

If we get Soul Monster, The General, Atlas, Perhaps and State of Grace, I’ll never ask for any new music from this band again.

I will be fully sated 🥳

Don't forget Seven, Tonto, Berlin, and Zodiac 13 :) 

19 minutes ago, Sweersa said:
53 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

If we get Soul Monster, The General, Atlas, Perhaps and State of Grace, I’ll never ask for any new music from this band again.

I will be fully sated 🥳

Don't forget Seven, Tonto, Berlin, and Zodiac 13 :) 

Now you’re just being greedy 👍😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

If they play this set list at Glastonbury it’ll kill them stone dead.

now, don’t get me wrong i personally think it’s above average, just remember fellow gunners festivals are not your own crowd.

blast them with the hits- then get out of there.

Most of those hits require precision raspy vocals that he’s just not capable of at 62.. understandably! Regardless, they played brilliantly last night with all the deep cuts. If the glasto crowd don’t like it because it’s missing all the “hits” then they can bugger off elsewhere. Guns still get paid, fans of the band that are there that night get a great show and we get some great footage out of it. Win win :shades:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

If they play this set list at Glastonbury it’ll kill them stone dead.

now, don’t get me wrong i personally think it’s above average, just remember fellow gunners festivals are not your own crowd.

blast them with the hits- then get out of there.

Yeah Glasto is the one time they should stick to a mainstream setlist, gotta do Down On The Farm though, it's obvious thats why they brought it back