06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

Its a very long concert for a casual fan, perfection for the diehards. I’m so happy they have switched it up and added some deep cuts (seems so simple, why hasn’t it always been like this 🤔)

I think a 2.5 concert would be ideal, and every show could alternate. Keep all low register songs and adapt that  low register voice to more songs, drop the covers + extended solos. Even the CD songs, they have been played enough and there’s minimal interest to hear them. 

Hope for new songs + releases like Perhaps and Atlas, to give more excitement and credential to the tour.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Nightrain7 said:

Its a very long concert for a casual fan, 

But with the price of tickets they're getting their moneys worth

Just now, NachoLZ said:

Axl in nightrain looks like himself from 2010, shit is like a multiverse.

Have you got a link for nightrain please. Not found one yet

It's great that they changed up the set list a bit. Amazing how such small changes brought so much happiness to fans. 

Begs belief that it took over 7 years to do it but better than never. 

Would be cool to throw a few alts in each night to keep it fresh and unpredictable 

Edited by jacdaniel

4 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Slash is ATROCIOUS on This I love…like really really REALLY bad.

Its a damn pitty cause 90’s Slash would have killed it

I hate what he does with the CD solos. I get he wants his spin on it, but just write one and stick to it instead of improvising all the time.

Love the setlist and the band's energy, can't wait to see them in Belgium in two weeks.

1 minute ago, NicoRourke said:

I hate what he does with the CD solos. I get he wants his spin on it, but just write one and stick to it instead of improvising all the time.

Love the setlist and the band's energy, can't wait to see them in Belgium in two weeks.

I don't think he cares at all, it's just like "whatever, lemme just play this shit and get this over with"

8 hours ago, allwaystired said:

You know- I'm excited about this band again for the first time in ages and that's a great feeling.

Just been reading all this shit about Rammstein, their sleazy (alleged) drugging of very young women, and it all seemed so sad and pathetic compared to the fun evening it's been following this setlist develop. It also made me think how far GNR have come on that side of things. It's impossible to imagine people like Duff and Slash being involved with any of that. 

We rag on the band a bit sometimes here,  but it really only is because of how much of a shit we give. 

Yeah there was nothing new tonight, which is always frustrating....but changing it all up like they have done tonight is such a damn relief. It probably won't sell them any more tickets, as no-one outside of places like this board especially knows or cares that they're playing Pretty Tied Up or Down On The Farm, but that's the beauty of being a big fan. 

Now.......anyone got a cheap ticket going to go see them as I sure as hell can't afford their prices still! 

Yeah the Rammstein thing is pretty sad, like come on it's 2023 why is this sort of thing still going on? Plus Till is like Axl's age, he's not some young 20 something. 

This setlist is pretty awesome, personally I would want SOYL and either version of You're Crazy but I think we'll see some of these songs shuffled around as the tour goes on. And things are looking more promising for a new song too. I was going to go anyway when they came through my city but I'm definitely going now, going to try to get good seats too. BO has a lot of energy and sounds great (although Frank can't seem to remember where to play the cowbell vs the other cymbals but that was expected). PTU was cool too, and these songs will only sounds better as the tour goes on.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

Axl in nightrain looks like himself from 2010, shit is like a multiverse.

Minus the facial hair your right, he's probably a similar weight as well now which is good given how he ballooned up towards the end of the 10s. 

Obviously not the same sounding Axl anymore, but he did give it as good as he could do today, and the band sounded great on it. Really solid performance.

Whole set felt quite energized, not surprising given how much they habe switched the setlist up, must be hard not to get stale when your only switching 1 song up each leg out of 25-30. 

1 hour ago, WildStar said:

Really great to see something different and interesting. Some unexpected song choices and mixing the set up is fantastic. I had no interest in going to see the same old show but I'd definitely like to see this. And maybe we'll get a couple more different songs thrown in as the tour progresses.

Not to be a downer but I still don't get Slither and Wichita. Especially Wichita which was a tribute what 5 years ago.

But on the up side I'll be looking to snap a bargain ticket for Glasgow 

5 years is actually 6 months in GNR land. 

12 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I’d rather have atlas, personally…but I’ll take it. 

That could be on the setlist, we only saw one page right? as could soul monster or SoG or the General... haha ok probably not the general, that's dead forever. But who knows what the other pages said

17 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

That could be on the setlist, we only saw one page right? as could soul monster or SoG or the General... haha ok probably not the general, that's dead forever. But who knows what the other pages said

why do you think The General is "dead forever"?

Best first show of a tour Axl has sounded in years. Looks promising to me. If we get a full proshot of Glastonbury with this mega-setlist and Axl sounding this good or better it’ll be a special thing. Even You Could Be Mine is sounding solid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Best first show of a tour Axl has sounded in years. Looks promising to me. If we get a full proshot of Glastonbury with this mega-setlist and Axl sounding this good or better it’ll be a special thing. Even You Could Be Mine is sounding solid.

They have just over 2 hours stage time at Glastonbury, so, assuming they stick to that, the set is going to be cut down quite significantly. 

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Was just about to post that. Nice to hear Melissa loud in the chorus...

12 hours ago, James Bond said:

Couldn't agree more. I swear you could probably dig up older posts of mine (and many others) that have said they should make more use of Melissa's vocals for parts like this. She's there - just let her take the highs. Not that we need her to start singing Paradise City but for songs like this then absolutely.

Nice to see that happening. Really enhances the overall sound.

I'm genuinely excited for the band again. Amazing what a few small tweaks can do.

Yeah, Mellissa did a great job on Pretty Tied Up. 

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

why do you think The General is "dead forever"?

The General is the holy grail for fabs I think, but all the focus has been on Atlas for a potential single and until now to a lesser degree, Perhaps. The General has full vocals so surely it must be one of the tracks worked on? Unless Duff and Slash just didn't like it? We know Axl played them what he had so there must be tracks they liked and some they didn't. 

Soul Monster and The General might never be heard. 

11 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

I might be in Jersey in August. I’ll wait until they start dumping tickets to buy as I’m not too keen on sitting very close to the stage anyway. Not sure changing up an already stale setlist will help to move more tickets for the wretched masses. 

I’m waiting until 24hrs out - then picking a friend group to go with! You’ll be able to snag in the lit day of show if anything. Prices are still way high for my blood BUT even my cynical hubs (seen them in 92 and with me in 2006/reunion) was excited for Bad Obsession, PTU and Anything Goes..

MetLife is such a drag, one egress to get in/out of the parking lots.. I may stubhub this show if I go last min, I need to see this set list continuously in EU and the first few US shows before making that commitment. I wonder what will get rotated!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Although I like Perhaps if the band releases this song like they released the other two, it will surely suck. And I think they changed the song, maybe that piano intro became a guitar riff. Times have changed, the band needs to understand that they are not as popular around anymore. The other bands survive because they do a good job of marketing

Some link for Rocket Queen? 

Do you really have half a day off to listen to Rocket Queen? :lol:

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Seriously? Is that set in stone?

Probably - they could def trim some of the fat and make it a great show. Obviously hard to know if they actually know what their weaker live songs are but it'd be great if they played to their strengths with the Glastonbury set. It is going to be huge in the UK and will be shown on BBC, so the fewer weak songs the better.