06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Anyone see how much ticket prices dipped before doors opened tonight? Might be a good benchmark for the rest of the tour… if not i’m gunna have to get on that once the tour gets in full swing

Bro, I don't even wanna know 'cause I'll be irate. Even though I knew it would happen and just couldn't bring myself to hold out and watch the market. lol

Saw Bad Obesssion, Pretty Tied Up and a Piece of Anything Goes.. Axl sounded great and rehearsed. The low regisrer voice nailing it. It was working the whole PTU.. Should stick with it at the end too.  Can't wait to see the full Anything Goes, Down On The Farm and Nice Boys!! I have to admit Axl actually does look more fit too. Glad to see the elf boots gone!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, GNRMAD2021 said:

Love this take on Pretty Tied Up! They need to utilize Melissa more like this in the set. Play to Axl's strengths and let her do the heavy lifting when she needs to. This works really well imo

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Saw Bad Obesssion, Pretty Tied Up and a Piece of Anything Goes.. Axl sounded great and rehearsed. The low regisrer voice nailing it. It was working the whole PTU.. Should stick with it at the end too.  Can't wait to see the full Anything Goes, Down On The Farm and Nice Boys!! I have to admit Axl actually does look more fit too. Glad to see the elf boots gone!

Agree on all points- the lower register sounds so much better,  He definitely shed a few lbs since the last shows, which helps.  As fo r the "elf boots" :lol:  I think he's worn them mostly for support, since he's had so many ankle problems over the years, and requires heavy taping for him to perform. Hes learned to keep his movements fairly simple, which is the way he has to do it at this stage in his career.  Over all, pleasantly surprised at how good this was,

• Like 1

31 songs for the opening night of a tour is pretty impressive. 

Bad Obsession sounded pretty great, as did Pretty Tied Up, though Axl gets out of time around the 3 minute mark of PTU and never recovers.

It still amazes me the Axl can fuck up timing so bad while the rest of the band just carries on around him like nothing happened. 

Anything Goes sounded good instrumentally, but full Mickey vocals. 

Haven’t seen any footage of Down on the Farm yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoMw94 said:

Love this take on Pretty Tied Up! They need to utilize Melissa more like this in the set. Play to Axl's strengths and let her do the heavy lifting when she needs to. This works really well imo

I don’t get this. Why would you go to see GN’R and want to hear more Melissa vocals over Axl’s? 

I’d gladly take full helium Mickey Axl over Melissa any day. 

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Listened to most of the entire concert. 

It will be very interesting to see how his voice holds up throughout this tour. Love the guy to death but it’s not looking too promising. 

Yeah I mean, his voice is not getting any better any more, we’re past the situations where he came back surprisingly strong after some break (2006, 2016), even though there can be occasional nice surprises, like the end of, what was it 2021, 2022? – where he rasped the last PC etc. The way to go is what he seems to have embraced finally – adjusting the playlist to his current abilities, i.e. playing songs like Bad Obsession and DOTF, doing PTU in the low voice, and dropping impossible stuff like Better. Stinkers like TIL should go as well. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

Really great to see something different and interesting. Some unexpected song choices and mixing the set up is fantastic. I had no interest in going to see the same old show but I'd definitely like to see this. And maybe we'll get a couple more different songs thrown in as the tour progresses.

Not to be a downer but I still don't get Slither and Wichita. Especially Wichita which was a tribute what 5 years ago.

But on the up side I'll be looking to snap a bargain ticket for Glasgow