06/01/23- Abu Dhabi- Etihad Arena

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

I fucking love Glasto. I once saw Rolf Harris do two little boys in front of 30,000 people there. 😂

I tried to not laugh but failed. Damn it. Btw on Rolf Harris I hope he dead roaring the shithead.

Edited by IrishgunnerII

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah mate I feel quite a bit more positive now. And Axl looks good/seems in good spirits.

Very keen for Perhaps and it bodes well that we'll eventually get at least State of Grace and Atlus Shrugged too.

Perhaps I was wrong (when I said a few days ago no new songs were coming)

Only managed to find a short clip of Pretty Tied Up but I'm glad Axl sang the chorus in his natural register. Sounds terrific that way instead of swapping to the Mickey voice for the chorus.

Anything Goes has never been a favourite of mine but that sounded pretty darn good.

Bad Obsession sounded absolutely mint. Love it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Only managed to find a short clip of Pretty Tied Up but I'm glad Axl sang the chorus in his natural register. Sounds terrific that way instead of swapping to the Mickey voice for the chorus.

Anything Goes has never been a favourite of mine but that sounded pretty darn good.

Bad Obsession sounded absolutely mint. Love it.

Was just about to post that. Nice to hear Melissa loud in the chorus...

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Was just about to post that. Nice to hear Melissa loud in the chorus...

Couldn't agree more. I swear you could probably dig up older posts of mine (and many others) that have said they should make more use of Melissa's vocals for parts like this. She's there - just let her take the highs. Not that we need her to start singing Paradise City but for songs like this then absolutely.

Nice to see that happening. Really enhances the overall sound.

I'm genuinely excited for the band again. Amazing what a few small tweaks can do.

• Like 4

Wow. What a show! I don't know how these guys have this insane energy to pull off an almost 3 hours concert!

Guns N' Roses were truly all guns blazing tonight. Axl looked fitter, and probably made up for the show he had to cut short last time. Crowd was electric as well.

Shame on the posters here who were saying they'd laugh if they open with It's so Easy etc. They did play songs like Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied up etc which were not played before. Axl is 61 for God sake. If you don't like them, don't complain. 

Axl did miss some lyrics in couple songs and I think Slash messed up the intro of Chinese Democracy unless he was improvising? Fortus was really good too!

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, ali Z said:

Wow. What a show! I don't know how these guys have this insane energy to pull off an almost 3 hours concert!

Guns N' Roses were truly all guns blazing tonight. Axl looked fitter, and probably made up for the show he had to cut short last time. Crowd was electric as well.

Shame on the posters here who were saying they'd laugh if they open with It's so Easy etc. They did play songs like Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied up etc which were not played before. Axl is 61 for God sake. If you don't like them, don't complain. 

Axl did miss some lyrics in couple songs and I think Slash messed up the intro of Chinese Democracy unless he was improvising? Fortus was really good too!

Did he crack any jokes ?

That setlist is like they skimmed this forum and were like alright already. Bringing back songs from 30 plus years is pretty cool, especially Anything Goes. They've now performed almost all of Appetite for Destruction with the exception of Think About You which hasn't been played since 2006.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1