Citrus Bowl 1992 Pro Shot leaked - 20 min

5 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Why?

It wasn't too long after the Montreal incident and they just weren't good. The fill in guitar player for James was brutal. Lars threatened to leave and crowd agreed.  They came back for a few more songs, then left for good.

6 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

A pro-shot snippet of Madrid 93' is out there, by the way in 1993 pro-shot shows are so much better quality 

Isn't that the one from a news report? The quality is a clear improvement compared to pre-91

5 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

I hope they release Milton Keynes 93, Germany 93.

Frankfurt would be pretty cool. I always liked Dead Horse from that show

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

A pro-shot snippet of Madrid 93' is out there, by the way in 1993 pro-shot shows are so much better quality 

but it's only a snippet for news and press. Like others:

Bad Obession
- Berlin 1992
- San Diego January 1992  LINK  (verified channel)

Live And Let Die
- San Diego November 1992 (Metallica/GN'R Tour)
- Melbourne 1993
- Turin 1992

You Could Be Mine
- Madrid 1993
- another Metallice/GN'R Show 1992

Paradise City (i saw it on RTL in germany (RTL group) too, because of the reunion 2016)
- Madrid 1993

In a german TV news report for a german show in 1992 (it was not Berlin), the journalist say in german "We only got a 2-minute video clip. The management didn't allow us more."

That's why it's weird there is a 20 Minutes Clip with 4 FULL Songs out there!!!

On 6/2/2023 at 4:11 PM, Steve J from UK GUNS said:

Yeah but a lot of the other shows with Metallica were longer than that one. 

This was the show (Orlando Citrus Bowl) where Axl did the interview for the MTV Live & Loud GNR & Metallica special - same tshirt.

I wanted to clarify that the MTV Live and Loud special was filmed in Houston 2 night later. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

On 6/3/2023 at 2:15 PM, TheSlashrose said:

I think that one is from Barcelona, due to band clothes and Sorum having the fan under his drums on the same position as a picture from a newspaper

On 6/2/2023 at 4:11 PM, Steve J from UK GUNS said:

Yeah but a lot of the other shows with Metallica were longer than that one. 

This was the show (Orlando Citrus Bowl) where Axl did the interview for the MTV Live & Loud GNR & Metallica special - same tshirt.

When Gilby said, "Nobody's gonna miss this," I felt like kicking a Carebear. I wanted to go so bad. I could have gone, too. But being twelve, my mother would not condone it, and there was no way to sneak out and do it against her wishes. To this day, it seriously irks me!

Edited by Nintari
  • Sad 1

On 6/3/2023 at 7:36 AM, cspalding22 said:

It wasn't too long after the Montreal incident and they just weren't good. The fill in guitar player for James was brutal. Lars threatened to leave and crowd agreed.  They came back for a few more songs, then left for good.

There's a short pro-shot clip of Metallica from this concert where you can see James's arm bandaged up; it was an odd period where he couldn't play guitar and didn't know quite what to do onstage without one in his hands.

This was also the beginning of the decline in James's barking voice from the classic era. He was singing more lyrics in a cleaner style and continued with it for years after.

People get on Axl for losing his voice but the decline in good Metallica live vocals started way earlier.

It does make one wonder who has the access to the vidios and about timing.

There was nothing for almost 30 years, then 2018 (just days before they headed to Europe), we get Saskatoon clips followed by the whole  spectacular gig few days later.

Now just as they packed for Europe again - Citrus Bowl.

As if someone is sending message to Axl, def inside job, for not everyone has access to the vault.

Also...a proof that vault did not burn down, as some here claimed.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...