Citrus Bowl 1992 Pro Shot leaked - 20 min

2 hours ago, rockphantom said:

Very cool footage. I caught GNR for the first time at the Houston show on September 4, 1992 which was 2 days after this gig.
This 20 minute clips is a nice snapshot in time for me.

This video solidifies my belief (along with the live stuff on the UYI box) that No Matt Sorum = NO GNR! :headbang::P
A professional drummer like Matt makes a world of difference in a live setting, compared to the incompetent drone behind the GNR drum kit now! :vomit:

Seeing this material must really be something  for you then . I get your post. Alot of what we like , think is best  etc is all down to the memories we have , and while matt wasn't really interesting to me back then , (In fact i'm slowly  learning that  i took alot of this for granted- ) he & his blonde curls were in that line up, which is cemented indefinitely in my childhood memories, growing up. whether i want that or not.

@rockphantom 2 days after though ! ..haha  Nice one. :D

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Wow. The video quality is way better than I expected. Good stuff. 

Don't they have almost all the UYI tour in this quality? People have wanted shows like this for years and they kind of obliged with the Ritz but there's tons of shows that were pro-shot and vaulted.

• GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, mystery said:

Don't they have almost all the UYI tour in this quality? People have wanted shows like this for years and they kind of obliged with the Ritz but there's tons of shows that were pro-shot and vaulted.

GNR Inc could easily license the UYI pro-shot archive to one of the streaming services and make easy money.
It doesn't seem like there is much market for official live DVDs/BDs anymore, with everything appearing on Youtube for free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2023 at 11:17 PM, rockphantom said:

GNR Inc could easily license the UYI pro-shot archive to one of the streaming services and make easy money.
It doesn't seem like there is much market for official live DVDs/BDs anymore, with everything appearing on Youtube for free.

They could partner with Nugs.net and make money. Instead it just sits in a basement somewhere.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

As much as people say the show became bloated during 92, it is one of my personal favorite eras for their live shows. Axl’s voice was so much better than in 91, I am not a fan of how he was singing in that era, but in 92 it was so good except for the worst show of the the year vocally which is of course the only official release of that year. It is always great to see more footage of this time

On 5/31/2023 at 10:05 PM, felixGNR said:

they were co headlining  with Metallica

Yeah but a lot of the other shows with Metallica were longer than that one. 

This was the show (Orlando Citrus Bowl) where Axl did the interview for the MTV Live & Loud GNR & Metallica special - same tshirt.

Edited by Steve J from UK GUNS

I was there, 16 years old at the time. This only tells half the story, obviously you can see they blew the roof off the citrus bowl but metallica got booed off the stage twice that night. By the time they hit the stage it was so frigging hot and the crowd was ornery as hell, then they proceeded to destroy. The reference he makes about thanking the girls that night is because between metallica and gnr just about every girl in the crowd flased the camera.

• Like 1