Katarina's Benzova absence

Why was she really hired in the first place? 

Are job interviews usually conducted backstage? Was she really a photographer or was it cause she was pretty. 

The whole appointment seemed seedy, like alot of the backstage models who were brought in to watch the shows at the time 2010-2012

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Why was she really hired in the first place? 

Are job interviews usually conducted backstage? Was she really a photographer or was it cause she was pretty. 

The whole appointment seemed seedy, like alot of the backstage models who were brought in to watch the shows at the time 2010-2012

I was just thinking that. That was kind of an omen.

3 hours ago, downzy said:

Yes.  It will be interesting to see the fallout. 

Will some members demand Fernando step away and if that doesn't happen, does the band continue?

This coming Thanksgiving dinner at the Rose household sure will be interesting.  

Izzy stayed away because he wasn't going to get paid what he felt was fair.  No other reason.

He was around the band back in the day when way worse stuff was likely happening.  

I think she meant that Izzy stayed away when he saw that he would have to deal with TB and Fernando and didn't want to waste his time with amateurs.

3 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Honestly if this is true (and I really hope it is and that little pos gets what he deserves), I hope that Axl gets rid of him.

If not, I hope that slash and duff (and the other 4) get the hell out of this band and that’ll be the end of GNR 

Would be great if a real manager is brought in and TB can just be Axl's assistants. They need real pro management to clean things up.

3 hours ago, Manfisman said:

I don't think the band necessarily knows the contract situation and even less the sexual allegations. Fortus being the ex, I don't think he is cool with this at all. I doubt either Axl, Slash or Duff knows about the sexual harassment because I don't think they would cover him at all. Fernando is not someone that you need to cover up, he is only there because Axl likes the family, so I think that if they knew about it, he would be fired already. 

I'm sure they don't because it's not their responsibility to worry about contracts etc. And I think the only ones who knew about the harrassment are Fernando and Kat herself. I wouldn't be surprised if Kat never saw Duff & Slash and their families except during the shows.

3 hours ago, downzy said:

That's a good question.

I don't know the man at all, nor have I had any personal encounters with him, but I find it very difficult to believe that at present time Duff would tolerate any of this stuff had he known.  Maybe many didn't. 

Fernando was the gatekeeper for a lot of them.  For all we know Kat never informed any of the primary individuals in the band out of fear of being fired and/or having her reputation in the industry killed.  Lots of wild stuff happens with rock bands; she might have thought who would want to hire a female photographer like her that can't let some of it roll off her back.  

So who knows. 

But for Duff, a guy who just released a solo album that touches on mental health and who is always championing his wife and daughters, it's difficult to believe he'd accept this behaviour from someone like Fernando (or anyone).  I'm sure he loved playing with Axl and Slash again and making a ton of money, but he certainly doesn't need the cash to afford his lifestyle.  

Family members have falling outs all the time.  It could happen.  We'll have to see.  

Wonder if Slash & Duff will say anything about this.

1 hour ago, SilverMachine said:

That GNR statement (and the fact that they were counter suing) reads to me like they were expecting the copyright claims and had a response prepared, but weren’t expecting the sexual harassment allegations. 

That's what I think too.

1 hour ago, D4NNY said:

I would make a decent bet Slash, Duff, Melissa were entirely unaware of this history and possibly Dizzy, Fortus and Frank were unaware of this shit too. As for Axl, I hope not. Again, they didn’t do any of this abuse so no.. it has nothing to do with them personally. I’m sure they will want the appropriate outcome for this, that scumbag gone.

That's what I think too, esp since it's not mentioned in the suit that Kat tried to reach out to Slash Duff etc. And I'm sure they didn't know anything about the contracts, that's not their job.

• Like 1

It’s all just a bit sad really. She was part of the fabric for so long and seemed very close to lots of the GN’R camp. 

I don’t really understand the hatred for Fernando. I’m not sure any of our grievances as fans truly lie at his feet.

He’s got a wife and kids hasn’t he? Just all very messy..

Am I reading the rolling stone article correctly that Kat’s claims came in response to an initial claim made by GN’R?  

2 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Am I reading the rolling stone article correctly that Kat’s claims came in response to an initial claim made by GN’R?  

Yeah. GnR apparently was sueing her for trying to claim copyright of the photos she took. That's why their response in the Rolling Stone article didn't directly address the harassment claims. It was obviously a preplanned response to her inevitable countersuit, and they were blindsided by the sexual harassment allegations.

• Like 1

The only thing I'm confused about is that, according to the lawsuit, the last "incident" between Kat and Fernando happened in 2018, and from there they had little contact with each other. Kat went on to work for the band for 4 more years afterward. 

So it still doesn't explain why she left the band so abruptly last year.

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, meadsoap said:

The only thing I'm confused about is that, according to the lawsuit, the last "incident" between Kat and Fernando happened in 2018, and from there they had little contact with each other. Kat went on to work for the band for 4 more years afterward. 

So it still doesn't explain why she left the band so abruptly last year.

She wasnt asked back (budget apparently, big recessions coming), now she's pulling out receipts. Good for her but I wish she done so earlier. It doesn't help women when other women only come out when the tap gets turned off.

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rodela said:

So what you're implying here? That she put money in a higher position than her own self-respect and integrity despite knowing it could harm her emotionally and physically?

No women involved with artists, pro athletes, and so on would ever do that!

I don't think sarcasm works that well on the internet, especially on a serious topic.

It's unfortunate all around.

Edited by Spike Killer