Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I mean usually he shows up when a new song in the setlist is about to be played, I don't think it will be played before release now as he didn't show up

I just don’t think it’s a clear indication if Axls there or not. It’s quite rare he attends soundchecks, more often in recent years but definitely still rare. For all we know they’ve rehearsed in private within the last week leading up to this leg. Probably not but who knows when it comes to this band

• Like 1

I remember someone here slowed that part or at least shared a link of that part slowed a while ago, i’m not gonna be able to find it with the search engine of this forum because it doesn’t work with two words, but damn if it’s Richard im really surprised how they buried tf out of him that much🤣 why include him if you are gonna do that, that’s why i always thought it was Bucket

5 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I just don’t think it’s a clear indication if Axls there or not. It’s quite rare he attends soundchecks, more often in recent years but definitely still rare. For all we know they’ve rehearsed in private within the last week leading up to this leg. Probably not but who knows when it comes to this band

Yes he rarely attends soundchecks, but that doesn't mean anything, because what I'm saying is since the reunion he pretty much ALWAYS showed up the day before, or the day of the show, to THAT soundcheck, to run through the new song in the set.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

6 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

It's very strange that the page is not up teasing the august 11th date, I mean, why dont put it up for 3 days ? Whats the point of the page if youre not teasing the song then.

I was wondering that too. Maybe they decided at the last minute to scrap the pre-save/ countdown thing and do it as a surprise release instead? Or they’re just gonna wait til 24 hours before to start the countdown now so that expectations from normies aren’t too high?

6 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

It's very strange that the page is not up teasing the august 11th date, I mean, why dont put it up for 3 days ? Whats the point of the page if youre not teasing the song then.

I think it’s because teasing a tease makes it look like something bigger. So if the countdown ended for another tease to begin it could cause false hope for something more. No one besides us could have found it or would have looked for it to begin with. So for most it was never meant to be seen. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't think Hard Skool's tapping is Bucket. Seems like it's just Richard emulating it with his pick, like he does it live.

About Absurd, I think the outro part you're referring to is a synth that is very audible on the RIR3 performance.

That would make sense with Richard's playing. I did ask him if he will be recording over Bucket's parts on new material, being he is a more technical player than Slash, and he replied saying any parts of his will be his own parts. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes he rarely attends soundchecks, but that doesn't mean anything, because what I'm saying is since the reunion he pretty much ALWAYS showed up the day before, or the day of the show, to THAT soundcheck, to run through the new song in the set.

So maybe he’ll be at the Hershey soundcheck 🤷‍♂️ 

40 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

Because someone found it snooping. It wasn't supposed to be public.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bitchisback said:

Because someone found it snooping. It wasn't supposed to be public.  

But doenst matter if it was found prematurely, it should be up now, whats the point of teasing 2 days lol.

Remember when Hard Skool was released with no lead up to it ? It was just a post on social media and then the lyric video.

The band has been soundchecking the tune multiple times, the graphics were intentionally made and are there, honestly I am not that worried about it because it seems more of an "if" than "when" thing at this point. 

If Absurd and Hard Skool didn't come out I would be way more pessimistic.  To me the only question is, is August 11th a placeholder for the graphic and we will get the tune later when the actual NA dates start, or will we actually get it on the 11th?