Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

9 minutes ago, Sonicjam said:

Im in aus too. We'll know in 5 hours, since NZ will have it an hour earlier than us. However, I'm thinking it was delayed until next friday.

I'm thinking the same now too. If they were still intending on a pre-save campaign, then it clearly won't be coming tomorrow (especially with the short countdown in our timezones). It is possible they have dropped the pre-save campaign for a surprise release, but i wouldn't bet on it being the more likely option at this time.

34 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

They're a successful business in spite of being GnR, not because of. It is purely down to fans buying tickets. no actual skill on gnr or their managements part. their songs in 80s and 90s transcend time and genres. you take those away they'd be a nothing band barely selling out clubs based on their marketing and management approach

that's what  I ALWAYS said to my grandma...

"GNR ??? you take away their music, it's not Guns N'Roses anymore!"

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

There's been radio silence from the band when they've had opportunity for promotion. It's not coming tomorrow. 

Anyhoo, if it does come, it's 8.31pm in NZ, which is only 3.5 hours away. 

Not saying that it's coming tomorrow, but it doesn't always appear at the stroke of midnight on Spotify

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Not saying that it's coming tomorrow, but it doesn't always appear at the stroke of midnight on Spotify

Usually midnight is the time though, 99% of the time, unless it's a surprise release which is pretty rare.

Perhaps is far from a surprise release at this point!

Thinking back two years ago, Hard Skool was released at midnight everywhere, but Absurd came out midnight US time because it was released at 2pm for me in Aus. So could be two hours or 15 hours away I guess 🤔

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

This is SUCH a GNR scenario that it's almost funny, especially when you stop and think that it's just one song. It's like torment trying to get 4 minutes of already recorded music out of their hands. 

Above that a song, we've already heard! 😂 Yeah, so Gn'Resque... 🤦‍♂️ One could say, the GNRed us again! 

Edit: Release, or not.. I stuck to my day drinking plan! Cheers! 🍷

Edited by ZODIAC
  • Haha 4

someone may have pointed it out already... all you fools misinterpreted the countdown. from right to left it's not seconds/minutes/hours/days... it's clearly minutes/hours/days/months

but seriously: what led us to believe that it's the 11th? it's only a test page. it could go live any week. I believe it was always going to be the 18th.

Edited by davisp

2 minutes ago, davisp said:

someone may have pointed it out already... all you fools misinterpreted the countdown. from right to left it's not seconds/minutes/hours/days... it's clearly minutes/hours/days/months

but seriously: what led us to believe that it's the 11th? it's only a test page. it could go live any week. I believe it was always going to be the 18th.

I thought that too. As if you have the 29th, and you minus the 11th, you get the 18th.