Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

10 minutes ago, DSTK said:

How is it ? Not once has GNR or anyone from their management said its actually up for release on the 11th ? 

It didn't come from the band 

That website wouldn’t have gone live without some kind of agreement in place between the label, the band, and management. 

The band may not have acknowledged it, but it’s clear that a plan was in place, and that the song was supposed to come out on the 11th. That site wasn’t activated by accident.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I think it holds true for both versions no? 

The Forum in LA 1991 and then again in 2017

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

My mistake, I meant Inglewood. Idk where I got Rutherford! Well, Perhaps can wait then. :)

Did a little HW and now I know why I've confused them. They're both UYI gigs, I have both bootlegs somewhere, they both start with Perfect Crime, and after all, they are both three-syllable words (Inglewood, Rutherford). See? I'm not a complete Alzheimer case yet! 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Also the information didn't get to every corner in the world like it does now. And although many people read music magazines back then, it can't be compared with the number of people websites reach.

I think I had heard about November Rain and that Axl interview (although not the details, e.g. that it was piano driven), but not about Don't Cry or YCBM.

In my head it’s either a Kurt Loder interview or an interview with a magazine I didn’t buy too often possibly RIP….. 

11 minutes ago, axlvai said:

We know the fn song..... just wait for the magnificent mix and thw of course the new Slash solo... btw... some of ppl liked the old version :lol: and this ruined the original one.

We know from the soundcheck that the overall structure of the song is intact and what changes Slash had made to the lead guitar. We don't know if any changes has been made to the vocal melody, lyrics or how the vocals are arranged in the chorus. Any changes here could -- for me personally -- lift the song from good to great. Since the song was found on Rough Mix CD1 in the locker leaks I assume Axl considered it finished (even though the verses are a tad repetitive), so I guess there will be no surprises. Still, I am allowed to hope, right? :lol:

Lol why next week? The thing said August 11th ... Or what? Is it now just as easy as asking someone from Universal Italy 🤣? Seriously wtf do they know?  If think Axl pulled the plug and that's it, but If all of this is true, that means no more speculation, ever, from now on we should ask RadioRock about the General, or a new album, and that's no sarcasm, it would actually make sense

Edited by metalavenger99

Relax, people. The single is obviously coming, and more likely next week than the week after. Signs point in that direction. A small delay is not unusual. A lot of things can go wrong and cause small delays when you have to coordinate with band and the media and the label and streaming platforms. What is unusual is that hardcore fans managed to figure out the tentative plan before everything was settled. So relax and chill a bit and sooner or later we will hear newish GN'R music again.

• Like 3

I think it's a marketing campaign. The leaked countdown link was not a mistake. It's the laziest kind of promotion, but it works - you don't have to do anything but let this thing "accidentally" slip and then just sit back and enjoy the buzz. 

45 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

As someone that came in late on this one, it's kinda hard to be disappointed by something that was never announced. :question:

Isn't that how it always goes? People set time frames for something to happen based on rumours, soundchecks or whatever, not the band, and then when it doesn't happen within their own created time frame, they get mad at the band (particularly Axl) instead of themselves. The overall intelligence level isn't very high here. 

• Like 4

Maybe they're waiting for the August 11 show to play the song and then release it? It also wasn't August 11 in all time zones before people started giving up on this being released. I know we were more likely to win that $1 billion lottery than for GNR to competently release new music like most bands do, but there are still enough hours remaining today for them to do it.

And yes, I know that borders on Merck's "Only so many Tuesdays left" comment.

12 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I think it's a marketing campaign. The leaked countdown link was not a mistake. It's the laziest kind of promotion, but it works - you don't have to do anything but let this thing "accidentally" slip and then just sit back and enjoy the buzz. 

For a few dozen nerds on an Internet forum and maybe a few hundred who will see the clickbait music articles?

• Like 1

Let's do the Freddy Krueger effect, and turn our backs on these clowns and take their power away.  I mean, who really cares, right?  We have ALL heard the "NEW" single they are "TRYING" to release anyways.  It's called PERHAPS, and it is 23 years old.  And if Axl thought it was that great, it would've came out between 1993 and 2023.  Let them still believe we care, and let's stop giving a fuck about these swindlers.

Edited by BillConnor_1982
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

Let's do the Freddy Krueger effect, and turn our backs on these clowns and take their power away.  I mean, who really cares, right?  We have ALL heard the "NEW" single they are "TRYING" to release anyways.  It's called PERHAPS, and it is 23 years old.  And if Axl thought it was that great, it would've came out between 1993 and 2023.  Let them still believe we care, and let's stop giving a fuck about these swindlers.

Yeah I'm sure GnR will really miss the 35 people who care about Perhaps when we turn our back on them.  Not sure how they'll survive 😂😂😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

For a few dozen nerds on an Internet forum and maybe a few hundred who will see the clickbait music articles?

My guess would be Blabbermouth and the likes are quite followed, and in any case it suffices for the word to get out IMO. In these days when links are shared with lightning speed through social media etc. ... think about it. 

1 minute ago, Cruel Intentions said:

My hopeful guess: this is like Absurd where they want to play it live first. I was at the NJ show when they played it for a second time and Axl announced to us the single was being released at midnight.

My realistic guess: Axl lol

It did cross my mind that the reason it was delayed is maybe they don't feel comfortable enough to play it yet

13 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Yeah I'm sure GnR will really miss the 35 people who care about Perhaps when we turn our back on them.  Not sure how they'll survive 😂😂😂

Yeah, I forgot that everyone else besides the 35 Perhaps people feels satisfied with this brands output the last 40 years

Edited by BillConnor_1982