Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

18 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

What's the solo like. How grating is the cut from Robin's to Slash's part?

Strange in the sense that, listening back to the recording I took of it, in my opinion it's clearly Robin's solo that starts the first note or 2 but then immediately taken over by a new Slash solo. It's strange, but I like it. Not sure that if I had never heard the demo version I'd have caught the difference. 

I also feel there's some new Axl vocals laying under the first chorus. Like, it's layered with the original vocals but these new ones are lower in range under there. I can't wait to eventually get this in proper quality for a better listen on a better sound system. 

Edited by Gunner55

3 minutes ago, Maystar said:

Didn't Axl mention releasing CDII and a remix album as late as 2010, did he cancel them due to the reunion?

Axl talked about a remix of Out To Get Me. Brain, in 2009-2010, talked about remixes and said that he thought Axl wanted to release a remix album: (57) 28. AUGUST 2008-FEBRUARY 2009: CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS RELEASED - Page 2 (a-4-d.com)

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:44 AM, SoulMonster said:

We know from the soundcheck that the overall structure of the song is intact and what changes Slash had made to the lead guitar. We don't know if any changes has been made to the vocal melody, lyrics or how the vocals are arranged in the chorus. Any changes here could -- for me personally -- lift the song from good to great. Since the song was found on Rough Mix CD1 in the locker leaks I assume Axl considered it finished (even though the verses are a tad repetitive), so I guess there will be no surprises. Still, I am allowed to hope, right? :lol:

Hope lol

With some rasp too right? 😂.

We have too many years following this band to believe again. "Lose your illusion" is for me.

8 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

The abbreviations and random letters after the song titles always made me think it wasn't genuine, fake track lists or leaked info posts always have shit like that to seem mysterious and more credible. Is that the only source we have for Cuban Skies also?

Someone mentioned hearing it on the Steve Hoffman forums a few years back. I forget the context, but it was definitely mentioned independently of the forum at least once.

4 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Hope lol

With some rasp too right? 😂.

We have too many years following this band to believe again. "Lose your illusion" is for me.

:lol:

Those few changes to the vocals are enough to make me pleasantly surprised. Not sure it lifts the song to "great", but still. 

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

So what is the consensus about the vocals? Which parts are different?

The “heys” seem to be redone (doesn’t seem like the 99’ voice at all, to me it sounded recent) and apparently there’s a lower Axl on the choruses a la Shacklers Revenge.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The “heys” seem to be redone (doesn’t seem like the 99’ voice at all, to me it sounded recent) and apparently there’s a lower Axl on the choruses a la Shacklers Revenge.

That might've been from the last CD sessions, early 2007 I think where Axl went in end added the "long time" parts to TWAT, the extra bits on CD, last bits of The Blues etc. A sort of tidy up session, I can totally see him doing the low bits on Perhaps then too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

So he didn't record "ayes" on Hard Skool but he may have recorded new (recent) "heys" on Perhaps? :lol:

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

At least we know by this fact. Its coming. 

Its been released to bars. And this is how it always was gonna be. 

One day you walk in a bar and it's there. 

So. The remaining question is. 

Why is this song not out on Spotify. Or yt music. And why do mods keep telling this is a leak rather then official release...

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

To be fair it might be like Hard School, doubled up and manipulated to make it appear like a second vocal or double tracked when it's actually the same vocal. 

The "too hard school" parts are just copied to sound like he's recorded backing vox. Shame they didn't get Duff in to do those parts as his backing live doing the octave thing is my favourite bit. 

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

So what is the consensus about the vocals? Which parts are different?

My opinion, the chorus. I think Axl recorded new lower range vocals to layer underneath but that's about it. I think the mix was great, given the old dive bar speakers I had lol

1 minute ago, twistoflemon21 said:

So to listen to the new single, you have to go to a bar? You can’t make this up. 

Right? My wife thought I was insane and stupid. I'll fight that battle in the morning. But when an app tells you you have a new GNR song available and they're 0.6km away and it's 1:10am and they close at 2am, you gotta go for  beer. At least the bouncer seemed to enjoy it. Caught him tapping his hand on the table along with the song. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, gnrjanus said:

Why is this song not out on Spotify. Or yt music. And why do mods keep telling this is a leak rather then official release...

It has to come out now I suppose!

Just now, gnrjanus said:

This 'leak' will surely force their hand and make them release it to all streaming platforms immediately.

I checked the touchtones app out, and I could head over to Gene's Tavern to listen to it.  I settled for the soundcloud.

I really like it! much better than Absurd and Hard Skool.

My theory on the release fiasco.

-  Aug 11th was supposed to be the release date.  Until everyone found the linkfire and they pulled it back.

- I don't think the touchtone is by accident.  I think they were probably the first to get it.. When we either get an announcement from GnR Monday or Tuesday.

- This was probably their Plan B.

-  Or I could be an idiot and totally wrong.