Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

2 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Would it be unrealistic for Gn'R to eventually release Atlas with Brian May's solo?

I believe that even more people would want to hear that song when they saw the news that GN'R released a new song featuring legendary Queen guitarist Brian May. It would be good marketing.

Also, Slash can't play a better solo. Win-win situation.

I guess it wouldn't be unrealistic. It would be great if Slash convinced Axl to release it with Brain May's solo.

2 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

let's just hope Axl never found out

No way he wasn't informed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Axl worked on CD II with and without Slash. I doubt that the locker leaks are responsible for including those Songs in the Release process

I think it has everything to do with the release process. Why wouldn’t they release a song no one heard instead of just 2 (3) that already had vocals and had leaked

14 minutes ago, General2112 said:

I’d also like to know why people think we’re getting Atlas. It hasn’t been on any setlist yet or soundchecked that I know of. 

Richard had a sitar style guitar pedal on his social medial and someone commented it was for PTU and Richard replied something like ‘yeah, and for something you don’t know about’ and we. Concluded Atlas. Pretty sure I remember seeing Atlas on old ALT lists too but might be mistaken.

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Axl worked on CD II with and without Slash. I doubt that the locker leaks are responsible for including those Songs in the Release process

seems rather coincidental that the first 3 songs we've got from this 'massive vault' of GnR songs were all on the locker leaks... especially when you consider Atlas is one of the next rumoured. And the general which we've known about and had cell phone leak of. Suggest to me, its highly unlikely there are tracks with completed vocals that we have no prior knowledge about already. 

• Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

I guess it wouldn't be unrealistic. It would be great if Slash convinced Axl to release it with Brain May's solo.

It would be even better if they rearranged it so that Brian AND Slash had a solo in it. I don't see why they couldn't do that, many longer songs like Locomotive already have multiple solos.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

seems rather coincidental that the first 3 songs we've got from this 'massive vault' of GnR songs were all on the locker leaks... especially when you consider Atlas is one of the next rumoured. And the general which we've known about and had cell phone leak of. Suggest to me, its highly unlikely there are tracks with completed vocals that we have no prior knowledge about already. 

I agree. There's a reason that the first three singles happen to be three leaks that we've heard *with* vocals.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Eye On You needs to be worked on and put as a hidden track on a new EP.

No but for real if Eye On You was released as a GNR single I would LOL and this forum would explode.

can't see why it's the best song of the bunch

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I agree. There's a reason that the first three singles happen to be three leaks that we've heard *with* vocals.

Axl said that CD II is done in the China Exchange interview. That was years before the locker leaks.

9 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

Richard had a sitar style guitar pedal on his social medial and someone commented it was for PTU and Richard replied something like ‘yeah, and for something you don’t know about’ and we. Concluded Atlas. Pretty sure I remember seeing Atlas on old ALT lists too but might be mistaken.

Oklahoma has a sitar or at least sitar sounding intro. Really hoping it's that. 

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Definitely 

Just now, Sosso said:

Axl said that CD II is done in the China Exchange interview. That was years before the locker leaks.

Axl Rose said chinese democracy was going to be a trilogy of albums. I really dont think we can trust anything Axl rose says 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Eye On You needs to be worked on and put as a hidden track on a new EP.

No but for real if Eye On You was released as a GNR single I would LOL and this forum would explode.

Is it that crazy? The first new GnR song since 2008 was Silk Fucking Worms 

• ABSUЯD 1

Wtf is up with that GnR reddit page - 

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Anybody who does not adhere to Rule 2 of this subreddit will get banned

This includes anybody who posts links, anybody who gives details on where to find leaks, anybody who spreads awareness of them, anybody who asks to DM files, or other such behavior. Consider this both a reminder and warning.

They can't even talk about the only semi interesting thing about GnR on a GnR reddit? haha fuck me. I hope everyone leaves that page and starts a different one. This is worse than Johnny Rotten selling butter. 

• ABSUЯD 1

7 minutes ago, Sosso said:

If you have the time, could you point out where he says that, if you happen to remember? I've watched that interview two or three times since it came out and I don't recall him saying that.

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Listening to the new leak again. I think the “what a weight upon your shoulders” take is also different.

It sounds that way to me, yes. I think most if not all of it is vocals that weren't used previously.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

Wtf is up with that GnR reddit page - 

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Anybody who does not adhere to Rule 2 of this subreddit will get banned

This includes anybody who posts links, anybody who gives details on where to find leaks, anybody who spreads awareness of them, anybody who asks to DM files, or other such behavior. Consider this both a reminder and warning.

They can't even talk about the only semi interesting thing about GnR on a GnR reddit? haha fuck me. I hope everyone leaves that page and starts a different one. This is worse than Johnny Rotten selling butter. 

They let gnr run the subreddit, that's what's wrong.