Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

20 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

can't see why it's the best song of the bunch

In my opinion it's a song that could have only really been released back then. In the context of when it was made in the early 2000s during the Kid Rock wave when it was cool, and Axl was still a guy in his late 30s/early 40s, it would have been passable. Now it would just be embarrassing to drop a song with Mack Daddy lines in it with Axl being 60.

I believe even Axl realized this, so they atleast took some of the vocals and added it into Hard School so the vocals weren't completely recorded for nothing, and that's probably the last we'll ever see from Eye on You.

That said I'm STILL in favour of releasing it just due to the hilarity of it and because it's ridiculous.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

If you have the time, could you point out where he says that, if you happen to remember? I've watched that interview two or three times since it came out and I don't recall him saying that.

Yeah, I also don't recall him saying anything like that.

5 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

seems rather coincidental that the first 3 songs we've got from this 'massive vault' of GnR songs were all on the locker leaks... especially when you consider Atlas is one of the next rumoured. And the general which we've known about and had cell phone leak of. Suggest to me, its highly unlikely there are tracks with completed vocals that we have no prior knowledge about already. 

The counter-argument to this is that before the locker leaks we didn't know that Perhaps and State of Grace even existed. So there may be other finished songs (either instrumentals found in the locker leaks or even entirely "new") we have no prior knowledge about.

I'm not saying that the leaks are entirely irrelevant in terms of what is being released, but I think it mostly has to do with fan reception. I mean that they took our response into consideration - they knew, for example, that Hard School and Perhaps were the most popular among the leaks. Then, of course, there is Absurd/Silkworms which wasn't exactly a fan favourite, but it seems Axl has a curious attachment with that song - and maybe he wanted to troll a little bit, too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

If you have the time, could you point out where he says that, if you happen to remember? I've watched that interview two or three times since it came out and I don't recall him saying that.

Why don't you go to A4D instead where you know you will find all interviews transcribed so it is easy to find? 

5 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

They let gnr run the subreddit, that's what's wrong.

Ya, I got banned because I stated “It was officially released on a legitimate platform. You can legally listen to this song right now” in response to a post. When someone asked where I said touchtunes. That’s it. 

AND it was just in response to someone else’s post that was just a link to the Rolling Stone article. That got removed too. It fuckin sucks over there.

Edited by Stryker
  • Wow 4
  • ABSUЯD 2

5 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

He didn't say it in the China Exchange interview. But he did say it in 2014, in the Revolver Magazine interview.

• Like 1

One of the few bands to ever shit on fans for wanting/seeking out new songs. The crackdowns on the forums and reddit stuff shouldn't even be a thing. They should be releasing the material and getting their management's shit together.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

In my opinion it's a song that could have only really been released back then. In the context of when it was made in the early 2000s during the Kid Rock wave when it was cool, and Axl was still a guy in his late 30s/early 40s, it would have been passable. Now it would just be embarrassing to drop a song with Mack Daddy lines in it with Axl being 60.

That said I'm STILL in favour of releasing it just due to the hilarity and whole ridiculousness of it.

yeah. I just forgot you can't change some lyrics on an old song.

ah, damn technology!

6 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Ya, I got banned because I stated “It was officially released on a legitimate platform. You can legally listen to this song right now” in response to a post. When someone asked where I said touchtunes. That’s it. 

AND a post that was just a link to the Rolling Stone article got taken down. It fuckin sucks over there.

That seems like an odd response.  You were banned for mentioning that a new tune was a available on a jukebox at a bar?  Seems overkill. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

yeah. I just forgot you can't change some lyrics on an old song.

ah, damn technology!

Changing lyrics, as in, that means he would have to record new vocals - which is INSTANTLY atleast 80%~ less chance to be released in my book, atleast compared to all other songs that have finished vocals.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

17 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Wtf is up with that GnR reddit page - 

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Anybody who does not adhere to Rule 2 of this subreddit will get banned

This includes anybody who posts links, anybody who gives details on where to find leaks, anybody who spreads awareness of them, anybody who asks to DM files, or other such behavior. Consider this both a reminder and warning.

They can't even talk about the only semi interesting thing about GnR on a GnR reddit? haha fuck me. I hope everyone leaves that page and starts a different one. This is worse than Johnny Rotten selling butter. 

I think they might be going overboard. I did not even start the thread I commented in. I asked a simple question, and now I am at risk of being banned from the GNR subreddit and being IP banned by Reddit themselves apparently. I had no prior comments o or posts relating to that matter...

pnigBHF_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

Edited by VeeR
  • Wow 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Axl worked on CD II with and without Slash. I doubt that the locker leaks are responsible for including those Songs in the Release process

As goofy and stupidly optimistic as it sounds. We'll know a bit more on that if we get to a point where they're going to continue releasing singles and they've already released the General and Atlas. If they put out Eye on You with the Mac daddy nonsense there may be pause for concern. If they put out Cuban Skies or any other alleged CD2 songs then they may be drip feeding that album.

In all likelihood, the songs that have been released (and the ones that may still be released) are the songs that required the least amount of work to put out. Probably a coincidence more than anything that these were songs involved with the locker leaks. Likely songs that just missed CD or were planned for CD II since those would have been the most polished.

Or perhaps Perhaps will be the last single and they'll be done releasing music or put out new original music. 

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

It's been taken down... suggests it may be real

Oh wow....the traps are open now.....I think the artwork was too cool to be real actually 😬

Unless they've finally made a good'un! 

So much happening BUT yet, when it comes down to it, nothing has actually happened, lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stryker said:

Message from mod:

“The track was not yet intended to release, regardless of this mistake by the distributors. The actions of the leakers and people who spread awareness of the accidental release directly affects what happens in the GN'R camp, in negative ways.
The PSA posted at the top of the subreddit was an attempt to keep bans at a minimum. Unfortunately, your actions do fall under what was warned against. However you received only a temporary ban because though it is rule-breaking behavior, it is obviously not done out ill-intent or maliciousness.”

I love this. The band or the label screwed up but it’s your fault if you discuss it or listen to it

• ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

I love this. The band or the label screwed up but it’s your fault if you discuss it or listen to it

Exactly. I understand that there are concerns about copyright takedowns, etc. ….but they took down the rolling stone article! 

6 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Message from mod:

“The track was not yet intended to release, regardless of this mistake by the distributors. The actions of the leakers and people who spread awareness of the accidental release directly affects what happens in the GN'R camp, in negative ways.
The PSA posted at the top of the subreddit was an attempt to keep bans at a minimum. Unfortunately, your actions do fall under what was warned against. However you received only a temporary ban because though it is rule-breaking behavior, it is obviously not done out ill-intent or maliciousness.”

Lol Fernando, you big boy.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

If I got banned from the Reddit for doing nothing more than discussing a track that someone’s incompetence on their side allowed released early (simply call or email TouchTunes and say hey hold off on this), I’d probably cash in my GNR chips until something was done about the staggering buffoonery behind the scenes. 

They should know this already, but if they don’t, they should be learning from the mistakes of every other established brand that is crumbling because they chose to lash out at their fans. Isn’t management and public relations rule #1 try not to insult and alienate your paying customers? Jesus…

Edited by JAxlMorrison

2 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

So I just caught up on 25 pages full of madness but the most surprising thing for me was that some of you actually try to explain this shit to your friends/family/wives etc 

Me to my fiance, "look, it all started at the VMAs. I was 12 years old and Axl had dreads and a Jerry Rice Raiders jersey..." After 15 minutes of word vomit all I ended up with was, "Jerry Rice played for the Raiders?"

• Haha 3