Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 minute ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Any unhappy fans should hold ears of corn into the air instead of your cell phones at the New Jersey show.

They give us the corn, we give them the corn right back!

Anyone in the front show should go dressed as a jukebox :lol:

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I assume its a Bucket album?

I have no doubt I'd like some of his guitarwork there but, without knowing anything of that record, I'm pretty confident I would dislike the complete songs. Unfortunately most of the time when I tried to listen to his songs I couldn't make it to the main guitar solo. 

I’ll second the recommendation for Electric Tears. Phenomenal album. Very mellow. Excellent to listen to while at work trying to focus, or while doing yoga or just want to relax.

55 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The main problem with this theory is that it takes as given that their plans (whatever they are) about these releases revolve around us. But their release pattern suggests that releases happen when they tour NA, so they're mostly about helping promote the tour, and not about us.

I think given that the track was handed over to the label and sent out to external companies, I think the process of the release is in action... I don't think there's much that is going to prevent its release and leaks are absolutely nothing new. Bands expect it to leak.... And this song leaked years ago anyway! It's a leak of a leak

The link is still leads to nowhere but the GNR page. So whatever countdown - pre save campaign they planned was also canned, likely.

They've pulled down the song from the jukeboxes. If the song is out by the 18th, what was the problem with leaving it? Nobody cares besides us.

And now we know through Reddit that they are treating this as a leak.

Does nobody see all of this as very bad signs regarding a Friday release? I don't think they are doing it to fuck with us, but whatever problem they had with the song has probably gotten way worse now.  Them not acknowledging (at least) the existence of something coming out this weekend at tomorrow's show is gonna put the final nail in the coffin to this saga imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

"Various Titles" makes it sound like the label has uploaded a bunch of songs (especially from the Village Sessions) into the system to stop any attempt at posting leaks. I don't think it means any specific song is set for release.

Or maybe just maybe Perhaps isn't an EP, it's going to be an LP. :lol:

56 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I can only imagine how shit stained Team Brazil’s reputation in the industry is. I would find it hard to believe that anyone with any clout in the industry takes them seriously. 

And yet the band is constantly being booked for tours, and have played the biggest festivals on the planet – one of them twice – since 2016. Obviously the industry and the fanbase think on different wavelengths. That, or they're doing something right

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dacroix said:

Listening to the leak, I'd say I prefer the old leak.

(Why do we always have to talk about LEAKS?)

Reminder that this song was recorded around 1999-2000 and the band is making its release in 2023 way more convoluted than it should be. 

• Like 1

OK hold up

my soundcloud has been getting claimed today (as I expected would happen eventually), but appearently Atlas Shrugged is owned by Geffen? Just like Perhaps?

So Atlas is in the release system?

Edited by Skamos66
finished post
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

2 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

OK hold up

my soundcloud has been getting claimed today (as I expected would happen eventually), but appearently Atlas Shrugged is owned by Geffen? Just like Perhaps?

Interesting. Wonder if that means they’re also prepping atlas for release soon.

26 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

The link is still leads to nowhere but the GNR page. So whatever countdown - pre save campaign they planned was also canned, likely.

They've pulled down the song from the jukeboxes. If the song is out by the 18th, what was the problem with leaving it? Nobody cares besides us.

And now we know through Reddit that they are treating this as a leak.

Does nobody see all of this as very bad signs regarding a Friday release? I don't think they are doing it to fuck with us, but whatever problem they had with the song has probably gotten way worse now.  Them not acknowledging (at least) the existence of something coming out this weekend at tomorrow's show is gonna put the final nail in the coffin to this saga imo. 

I think that's a good sign though, no?

It is a leak, technically, although a harmless one for them at first glance. My 2 cents about why they pulled it from TouchTunes: 1) The reason the release was postponed was that they wanted to make changes to the song, so they didn't want a "non-proper" version to be out there OR 2) Their main problem is the publicity it generated, which is not the kind of publicity they want - they don't like articles that contain information about the origins of the song.

Their social media have been silent for three days. They haven't even posted the usual "thank you"+pictures for the Hershey show.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

OK hold up

You got any of The General in your soundcloud? Test that one out lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

OK hold up

Yes, apparently Geffen has the copyright of the recordings of the leaked songs, including Atlas.

The report about Perhaps says Universal, so that may not be about the copyright of the recording, but of the composition, since Universal has Axl's publishing.

10 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

And yet the band is constantly being booked for tours, and have played the biggest festivals on the planet – one of them twice – since 2016. Obviously the industry and the fanbase think on different wavelengths. That, or they're doing something right

That might be because GNR was quite popular back in the day and they’re coasting on that legacy. Nothing to do with Team Brazil. The only thing that’s been done right in GNR land in 20ish years was getting Slash/Duff back in the band.  Got the real gravy train going. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PrimalScream said:

A lot of recent uploads (as in the last couple of months) of the village sessions seems to be gone from youtube as well. 

It seems most of the leaks have been nuked, but i'm inclined to say this is likely an overreaction by UMG trying to fix their mistake re Perhaps and eradicate any public leaks.

• Like 1