Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

8 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

noooooooooo i forgot to save a copy of evader's recreation of The General, which i liked a lot, and now it's gone!

It's not a leak, so not sure how they were able to take that one down!! At this point they're so worried probably just taking down anything that has a familiar title....

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

It's not a leak, so not sure how they were able to take that one down!! At this point they're so worried probably just taking down anything that has a familiar title....

Yeah how is that possible it's not even one of their recorded audios lol how do they own the rights to that it's completely fanmade. I don't think they'd have a leg to stand on if you would go after this legally

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

If we get to Friday and there's nothing, are we to assume that it's not happening after all? I think a lot of hope would subside if nothing happens this week...

They obviously see the press coverage (that's what alerted them to Touchtunes...) And the articles, videos, social media excitement/traffic....

Yes it's THIS band but their own insiders and staff and even Duff have alluded or flat out said this thing was coming, it obviously was meant to drop on the 11th....there's no decent reason to delay it, I mean surely? They're not gonna do a proper music video, are they! So....

In conclusion after all that, they will court a lot of bad press and shrug of the shoulders in future if and when they do want to do something....people don't like being played for fools....

Friday or bust.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Apparently The Pretenders said during their set that GnR has a “surprise” tonight…

Probably a guest appearance by Tommy since he’s apparently there.

1 minute ago, NachoLZ said:

This may be it, but can't get excited after everything lol

Didn’t someone say that Tommy is there? He’ll probably make a guest appearance.

I’ve said it before, but really the best thing about GNR officially dropping Perhaps is that it likely means The General is not far behind, assuming they’re meant for another EP type release.

Edited by Nick85
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Probably a guest appearance by Tommy since he’s apparently there.

Didn’t someone say that Tommy is there? He’ll probably make a guest appearance.

Tommy out to play bass on The General...

...is what will not happen.

• GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

I’ll say one thing, after hearing Slash’s pathetic uninspired attempt at a solo on ‘Perhaps’, I’m glad he didn’t rejoin the band before Chinese Democracy dropped.

Imagine if he returned in 2006 and replaced the solos on TIL or TWAT with this shit? It’s crazy because his guitar solos on AFD and UYI were really inspired and full of feeling but nothing he’s done ‘solo wise’ since (outside of 1 or 2 VR songs) seems to be anywhere close to that standard…

Slash hasn't come up with a good solo since his divorce 

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

A lot of the vocals are different now:

All the “hey heys”

”What a weight upon your shoulders”

”You pulled the gun that shot and crucified my savior”

Theres also “deep” vocals during the chorus now (buried under the normal vocals)

And he holds the last “you’re all alone” line for longer now, and there’s no laugh at the end anymore.

I don’t remember a laugh at the end of the Village Perhaps. Was it faint? I just remember Axl ending it with an “all alone!” then some whistling instrumentals