Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

24 minutes ago, bangit said:

The only reason we are all still here is because of this disfunctional band and its inability to do anything by the book. GNR are unique and that's what has kept me coming back to this forum for what must be nearly 20 years. Ridiculous really! The leaks, the rumour, the mystery is what it's all about. Nice to get the occasional song actually released though but I haven't been on this forum so much for a long time.... When it does come out, the intrigue is gone. Enjoy it and stop arguing about nonsense. 👍

It's true.

If they functioned like Metallica with a couple of mediocre albums out and everything being "normal" we all would probably not be here at all. 

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

It's true.

If they functioned like Metallica with a couple of mediocre albums out and everything being "normal" we all would probably not be here at all. 

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. Normal artists have gigantic fanbases that argue about everything too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

Meegan liked my comment hinting about the Perhaps release, she did the same thing in Abu Dhabi when I hinted at Bad Obsession before the show started, hopes have risen significantly for the 18th now,

Thank god for the WAGs. Meegan and Susan hint and let slip of more info than TB or the band ever do 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The General is on the setlist. Or at least was. However, I agree the chances of hearing it are low. Hasn’t been soundchecked, the tour is close to wrapping up and we don’t have much time for another single. 

They have still two months of touring ahead.

Just now, Blackstar said:

They have still two months of touring ahead.

That is true. But compared to the grand scheme of the world tour, they are at the end of it. Would’ve made more sense to drop a single in the first half and then another in the second half, not two back to back. But who knows.

17 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The General is on the setlist. Or at least was. However, I agree the chances of hearing it are low. Hasn’t been soundchecked, the tour is close to wrapping up and we don’t have much time for another single. 

Yup. Perfect Crime was on the setlist at one point pre-reunion. So was Going Down. Imo until we hear it being soundchecked I have no expectations. 

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

That is true. But compared to the grand scheme of the world tour, they are at the end of it. Would’ve made more sense to drop a single in the first half and then another in the second half, not two back to back. But who knows.

Probably it's the NA tour that counts the most. In 2021, Hard Skool was released on Sept. 24 and the last show of the tour was on Oct. 3.

1 minute ago, Gunner55 said:

Yup. Perfect Crime was on the setlist at one point pre-reunion. So was Going Down. Imo until we hear it being soundchecked I have no expectations. 

Yeah. I think for Hard Skool there was more hope because it was soundchecked in 2019 and 2020. The General has never been soundchecked (to our knowledge). Maybe that bizarre clip from last summer was it but I really doubt it. At a minimum, they could plan to release it anyways without a live performance when the physical CD comes out, and just put the song on the setlist to be safe. But I’m not holding my breath.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Probably it's the NA tour that counts the most. In 2021, Hard Skool was released on Sept. 24 and the last show of the tour was on Oct. 3.

The tour was meant to go on for another month or so but got cancelled due to covid. In that tour it was only a few months long so Hard Skool was roughly the intended 2/3rd point. However I think if they did another physical release they’ll want a second song so I won’t give up hope entirely. It could still happen just not holding my breath.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The tour was meant to go on for another month or so but got cancelled due to covid. In that tour it was only a few months long so Hard Skool was roughly the intended 2/3rd point. However I think if they did another physical release they’ll want a second song so I won’t give up hope entirely. It could still happen just not holding my breath.

The tour that was postponed due to Covid was two months later in Australia though, so I don't think it was relevant.

• Like 1