10/06/23 - Indio, CA - PowerTrip Festival

downzy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, lenni19 said:

Saw Maiden last Year and IMO Guns are so much better live then IM. I cant understand anyone who says otherwise. IM where one of the lamest Concerts i ever went to. And i am a big Maiden Fan who was super hyped seeing them live. Tbh i think that i will never ever go to a Maiden Show again. I saw GnR 4 Times And they where always great. 

Well Maiden is a completely different show to GNR. It's more of an orchestrated performance, highly rehearsed so you get the same show every night... and the performance level is extremely high. GNR on the other hand can be a bit fast and loose, Similar show from night to night but the difference between performances can be huge from great to horrible. 

There's a reason Maiden are as big as they are and attract such huge crowds. I'm surprised a huge maiden fan was surprised by a maiden set... there are tons of live albums and pro shot material.

I saw Maiden once, and it was my fault for going to see them on a new album tour (they played the full thing), I didn't love the show... but I cannot knock the musicianship and level of energy they bring to the stage. And when they finally kicked into the older more well known stuff the concert got good, pretty quickly.

• Like 1