Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

Just now, IzzysMissy said:

Good on y’all who are lovin Perhaps.. felt a bit too band-aid and recycled for my taste but I think it’s LOADS better than the other 2. I’ll give it another listen prob and am curious how it sounds live (I actually dig the piano parts) but honestly, it’s just a bit toooooo meh for me. To each their own and all, but deff not my cup of tea.

a fab day to all! commentary is hysterical on all socials about this.

It's definitely the most radio-friendly of the 3. There's no 1-minute lull in the middle of the track at least with Perhaps. Hope it gets some mainstream love.

23 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

So Brain is GNRs studio drummer STILL and Frank is the touring one....he only came in to cover for Brain initial and then just put down some real estate in the end....

Based on one song? Maybe they didn't want to rerecord literally everything.

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

My thoughts after the first listen: CD leftover.

I'm not impressed at all. Very disappointed. I understand Axl that he didn't want to release it.  Better he kept it in the vault forever. Not a big fan of the previous 2 releases, but HS and Absurd are really good compared to this turd. I think it's better not to be too excited about the future releases from the CD era.

I really don't get all the hype here but I think walking for so long through the desert makes an instent meal tastes like a five star dish.

we don't know that Axl didn't want to release Perhaps. He wanted to released Absurd since 2013 at least.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

we don't know that Axl didn't want to release Perhaps. He wanted to released Absurd since 2013 at least.

I remember some poster back around then coming on here and telling us that he met Axl and asked about silkworms and Axl supposedly said that they wanted to release silkworms and literally no one believed the poster. At all. Not even a little.

Then we were all proven wrong 8 or 9 years later when it was the first new song that came out after the reunion. This band is nuts.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

52 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

I'm sure this is the third time this has been discussed in the last week or two 😂

Yes, he played on both. Not sure why it was ever in doubt, but he's confirmed it anyway

Well I'm a semi-regular here and I haven't seen it discussed. I'm not running through every thread every morning to sift through 49 new pages of "Robin Finck is better than Slash" to figure out if Richard played on Absurd. That's why I asked.

It's not that I doubted, per se. But if Frank's not on the new songs, it made me wonder if Richard was.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK

10 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Based on one song? Maybe they didn't want to rerecord literally everything.

No, based on the last three!

Plus, Steven Adler said the drums on the Shadow of Your Love release didn't sound like him either, and Frank said it was a question for "management" so I wouldn't be surprised if Brain played a part there too, but that's a whole different discussion...

I would imagine it gets a release on New Music Friday - so tonight at midnight.

I'm reserving my comments on the new recording til then. I listened via TouchTunes on Sunday, but I'd like to hear it in my studio set up to get the full experience. I don't know why, but I'm even iffy on the quality of radio/digital radio.

• Like 2

Just now, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I would imagine it gets a release on New Music Friday - so tonight at midnight.

I'm reserving my comments on the new recording til then. I listened via TouchTunes on Sunday, but I'd like to hear it in my studio set up to get the full experience. I don't know why, but I'm even iffy on the quality of radio/digital radio.

It's 100 percent getting released on Friday. It's already out in NZ.

5 minutes ago, liers said:

I remember some poster back around then coming on here and telling us that he met Axl and asked about silkworms and Axl supposedly said that they wanted to release silkworms and literally no one believed the poster. At all. Not even a little.

Then we were all proven wrong 8 or 9 years later when it was the first new song that came out after the reunion. This band is nuts.

It’s obviously “a song that should be heard”

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, DingBat said:

Most artists release the track first and then follow up with a music video/lyric video. Nothing lazy about it.

Use a NZ VPN if you want to listen to it on Youtube.

Yep. These videos are basically for Youtube Music. Actual music videos may have different audio or sound effects etc, so these videos are just basic tracks for YT Music. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Slash trading licks with another lead player like in the good old Sympathy for the Devil days

Only this time the sequence is reversed, thank god. Otherwise we'd end up with another NuGNR Up Close and Personal DJ Out of Tune Starts Now Trickery.