Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

1 minute ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Will The General only be on vinyl?

I feel like the wording is a bit cheeky. It says Another new song on the B-Side. Hard Skool single was the same situation, so we shouldn’t worry too much.

45 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-perhaps-axl-rose-1234808408/

Glad that the critic called CD criminally underrated. You know Axl is gonna love that shit

Good write-up there.

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Sounds much cooler than "written by Axl in 1998 and Slash and Duff writing more to it in 2021-2023" :lol:

I'm pretty sure the recording of Perhaps must be from 2020, or 2021 at the latest as Slash said they recorded the songs during the pandemic. It's only coming out 2-3 years later because, you know, GNR.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

51 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/guns-n-roses-perhaps-axl-rose-1234808408/

Glad that the critic called CD criminally underrated. You know Axl is gonna love that shit

It was so hyped for 10+ years that the initial reaction was to bury it as a terrible album. Is it the best album ever? Nope, but it's pretty good IMHO. I would grade it 4/5 stars. Certainly not the worst ever by any means. 

26 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Robin's bend still gets me every time

I've been ruined by the village leaks, my brain zones in on that every single time I listen to it, probably for the rest of my life:lol:

But I think it's a hilarious easter egg to have in the song. I hope it actually is Robin and not a mimicking from Fortus.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outofgascar said:

This version sounds so much better than the radio one from yesterday. I like the song even more.

Me too, Slash’s solo is growing on me. Unconventional, but it works. Def sleazy and gives it that GNR sound. I like the Robin nod, too

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3

Is it just me or is the majority of Twitter posts overwhelmingly positive with GNR's Perhaps right now?

Feels like more hype than Hardskool, which is crazy considering this is CD era. Awesome

Edited by Skamos66
  • ABSUЯD 1

5 hours ago, Sledge said:

Anything new will grow on people from an old brand. A week ago I didn't care for the magic 8 ball and now I want an official GNFnR magic 8 ball. Time makes fools of us all...

Lol only took 5 hours to fool me twice. Care for what you jokingly wish for folks 😉

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I'm pretty sure the recording of Perhaps must be from 2020, or 2021 at the latest as Slash said they recorded the songs during the pandemic. It's only coming out 2-3 years later because, you know, GNR.

I mean technically Perhaps may not have been one of the tunes they worked on then.