"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

Can't wait for this release, really hoping for a beast of a song as has been anticipated for years. Am I right in thinking the intro for the shows way back in like 2006 etc was meant to be from The General? Also, do we think there is any chance State of Grace could be The General? I just find it so strange that from all those village leaks that The General wasn't included... Perhaps under a different title? 

1 minute ago, bangit said:

Can't wait for this release, really hoping for a beast of a song as has been anticipated for years. Am I right in thinking the intro for the shows way back in like 2006 etc was meant to be from The General? Also, do we think there is any chance State of Grace could be The General? I just find it so strange that from all those village leaks that The General wasn't included... Perhaps under a different title? 

yes, I think the orchestral intro that was played live was from The General and no, I really don't think The General and State Of Grace are the same tune.

Did some snooping on 'another forum' – looks like Nightrain members are getting a live album at some point.

Edit: I Might've jumped the gun here. That post was from March 5, so could be referring to the EP that we know about.

Not really an 'album' though...

Edited by DoMw94

Just now, Rovim said:

yes, I think the orchestral intro that was played live was from The General and no, I really don't think The General and State Of Grace are the same tune.

Cool. Just throwing it out there.... The intro was epic on that tour. Horror movie stuff 😂

What I find hard to believe is that The General doesn't appear to be in the Village leaks at all.... Given how much content there was. 

Just now, bangit said:

Cool. Just throwing it out there.... The intro was epic on that tour. Horror movie stuff 😂

What I find hard to believe is that The General doesn't appear to be in the Village leaks at all.... Given how much content there was. 

I don't find that hard to believe cause even if it seems like there was a lot of content there, I suspect that it's a tiny part of what Axl got in his hard drives. At the very least it doesn't represent everything Axl has managed to hoard over the years. Agreed about the intro, it sounds cinematic and horror movie-like which is nice.

15 minutes ago, bangit said:

When I was listening to the The General clip from that Vienna afterparty 2010, it's clear that The General is a different song. Even more heavier than State of Grace it feels like. It will be interesting to see how Slash has redone those guitar parts that are partly audible in that Vienna clip.

But I gotta agree that it's interesting that The General wasn't in those Village Leaks.

EDIT: Went and listened to that 2006 intro from youtube clips and jesus, I didn't remember that sounding so cinematic. IF this truly is the intro The General it will be EPIC.

Edited by Judezki
  • Like 1

Just now, Rovim said:

I don't find that hard to believe cause even if it seems like there was a lot of content there, I suspect that it's a tiny part of what Axl got in his hard drives. At the very least it doesn't represent everything Axl has managed to hoard over the years. Agreed about the intro, it sounds cinematic and horror movie-like which is nice.

True. We will see some October. 👍

• GNFNR 1

49 minutes ago, BillConnor_1982 said:

What’s the longest 45rpm 7” single released?  It can’t be TOO long since it has to fit on the record. Maybe 5 min?

7 inch records (also called “45s”) are referred to by their playback speed of 45 rpm and their standard diameter of 7 inches. At 45 rpm they hold around 4-6 minutes per side.

https://standardvinyl.com/vinyl-pressing/7-inch-records/#:~:text=7 inch records (also called,4-6 minutes per side.

I’m thinking we will have ‘The General’ September 15th. 

Once the songs are out of their hands and being manufactured for release the door for leaks open. The track record for leaks and mishaps is.. extensive. So I think they will try to be ahead of it. 

I just hope The General also gets its own single artwork. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

It could be a "monster" in the form of unexpressed trauma that Axl may have had in the past. Perhaps some angry references to "Estranged" since "The General" was rumored to be the sequel. 

Or maybe it’s about chillin at Village eating General Tso carry out with Tommy back in the day