"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

:lol::lol::lol:

We're talking about GNR. C'mon, there's nothing logical about this band

but logic still exists, and since The General is the B or R side to Perhaps, I'd say there's a good chance The General was also mastered by Ludwig.

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but logic still exists, and since The General is the B or R side to Perhaps, I'd say there's a good chance The General was also mastered by Ludwig.

I assume the same, I just wonder if they had him master any additional tracks that were ready for an eventual release. 

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think this band proofed that they follow another kind of logic than other bands do.

I don't deny it's possible, of course it is, but you don't have a guarantee. You can't say case a will happen because of case b and vice versa. The General could have been mastered during the Absurd/HS sessions. We don't  know.

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I think this band proofed that they follow another kind of logic than other bands do.

I don't deny it's possible, of course it is, but you don't have a guarantee. You can't say case a will happen because of case b and vice versa. The General could have been mastered during the Absurd/HS sessions. We don't  know.

It's more likely to be mastered with Perhaps because of the release. They master the songs together for cohesiveness, for it to sound at the same levels (even though the tracks are in different sides of the vinyl, it shouldn't be much different from each other). 

Of course, we know this band is well known by their willing to fuck things up. But in terms of probability, I think it's less likely to have The General being remastered by a different person and with the same levels as Hard Skool. 

-

(I'm trying to learn how to master my own song right now and guess what? I came up with a brickwalled track :facepalm:)

• Like 1

When was the PERHAPS EP supposed to ship again? End of October? I can’t even remember. It will be hilarious when my vinyl arrives. I have no way of playing it. I will only be able to stare at side R with “The General” on it. LOL. 

I hope it’s released to streaming sites same time.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

When was the PERHAPS EP supposed to ship again? End of October? I can’t even remember. It will be hilarious when my vinyl arrives. I have no way of playing it. I will only be able to stare at side R with “The General” on it. LOL. 

LOL me too! :lol:

(But it'll be so worth it!)

Edited by gavgnr
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I need to go to my local library to play it :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

EP? What EPs do you know of that have 2 songs on it, that made you decide to call this an EP? Is The General 15 minutes long or what do we not know that you know lmao

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Same with me :lol::lol:

Thought about getting a player or to fix my old one but I'll listen to it on Youtube first. I don't think TG will be worth it, tbh.

15 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Try scratching it with your mouth open, that might work.*

* - I shall not be deemed liable for any potential damages to your vinyl and/or fingernail

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

The Absurd and Hard Skool EP, all quality of those two tracks from a mixing and mastering standpoint (terrible) aside, was pretty underwhelming. Those two studio tracks, plus two live songs, don't take long to listen through and I consider it a waste of a CD and I think they should have at least included additional two live tracks to get the longer duration... but what do I know.

Maybe there's been a master plan since the Absurd release to curb expectations. If so, they've done a cracking job.

Every successive song has come out sounding better than the last. Yet, when you start with terrible, it's an easy way up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There's still some audible distorsion on Perhaps, which sounds like it was a product of a hot mixing. A better mastering can't do much then.

The mix is as busy as it is on Chidem, but I don't recall saturation/distorsion on the album 

Edited by EvH
  • Like 1

Tonight we have a good shot, I think. We’re in the back half of the tour and it’s now the same amount of time between Absurd and HS. They also have the Power Trip show, Friday, which happens to be one where they’ll get a little more coverage (not that they’ve ever really utilized that as a reason)

Guess we will find out when Friday hits New Zealand

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Tonight we have a good shot, I think. We’re in the back half of the tour and it’s now the same amount of time between Absurd and HS. They also have the Power Trip show, Friday, which happens to be one where they’ll get a little more coverage (not that they’ve ever really utilized that as a reason)

My body is ready.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Probably before, someone will find something about it and we'll debate whether we should be optimistic about it while people will say nothing will happen because TB or whatever.  

We should have a new thread with proper official info once it gets out there. This one is a bit messy already.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I mean, it looks like, certainly at this point, if it’s *not* this week with Power Trip on Friday I guess there really might be something to that God-awful vinyl only rumor, however unfortunate. Gotta be, right?

Edited by Nick85

I wouldn’t think they’d wait until the 27th when the vinyl ships. They can’t do it the 20th because duff has his album that day. It’s gotta be this week or next. I’m really hoping it’s this Friday. Would be the best thing to open their power trip concert with 

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Good shot? They didn't debut Perhaps during Glastonbury either, infact it seems they are right with that approach because isn't it a dumb move to play a new song for the FIRST TIME during such a big event..? You want to have it somewhat down and rehearsed then, and like they fucking care and pay attention to what exact week timeframe it was between Absurd and HS 2 years ago? Everything you mentioned seems like something you would dream up as logic

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1